Ubc / True Visions

Sir_Sanuk

After the channel re-shuffling on Tuesday my UBC still worked but I could no longer access Star World, BBC Entertainment, E!, A1, etc. - as I see some other people had problems with too (discussed in earlier thread).

I tried the suggested methods of:

Menu

Setup

Installation

PIN: 2321

Manual Tuning

Reset to Default / Apply these settings

Dammm.. what a mistake!!! Now I have NO channels at all. No data comes up, the clock dosn't work in standby mode and I can't even access the local Thai channels. It just perpetually says "Searching for Satellite Signal".

Please somebody help me as calling the UBC / True Visions helpline is useless - it is permanently engaged.

Thanks for any advice.

(Edit: I have already tried switching the power off and on again on numerous occasions but no luck).

Edited by Sir_Sanuk

You made a big misstake.

You should not have Reset to Default .

Only click Manual Tuning and then Apply these settings.

I guess you're gonna need to manually do the frequency stuff now,

(symbol rate etc).

Edited by sabajja

If you can't get it to work, calling True will be a headache.

I would suggest going to some of the sattelite dish shops instead (Like PSI), and have them do it for you.

I don't think they need to go to your home, just bring the receiver to their shop.

Worth a try.

They should know how to do it, i'm sure.

Edited by sabajja

thanks... will try to sort out the frequencies / symbol rates myself when i get home from work today but not sure where the best place to find them is..

mine here in pattaya did the same ... only took 12 phonecalls and 2 visits from the friendly ubc guy but it is now all back online..

also check this thread as well

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102771 ...

its got a lot of the codes/frequencies you might be looking for..

cheers

Edited by v8tfcorty

thanks... will try to sort out the frequencies / symbol rates myself when i get home from work today but not sure where the best place to find them is..

If you still have a problem after doing this, then it will be because some of the existing boxes can't receive new signals for channels 99 and higher, no matter what you input into the box. I did the UBC phone thing and finally, after at least 20 calls, I got them and they came out to the house the next day and replaced the old box with a Topfield digital satellite decoder which works great.

I would have thought that their records would show who has boxes that can handle the new signal and who doesn't, but apparently they don't have a system that can give them this info. Hence, the onus is on us to call them to get the new boxes.