Family of three gunned down at home south of Phuket Town

webfact

Family of three gunned down at home south of Phuket Town

Eakkapop Thongtub

1523333028_1-org.jpg

Police at the scene of the shooting south of Phuket Town last night (April 9). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Three members of a family were shot at their house by a lone gunman south of Phuket Town last night (April 9). Police are hunting for the suspect, who they believe has fled to Phang Nga.

Wichit Police were notified of the shooting at 11:30pm.

Wichit Police Chief Col Nikorn Somsuk along with other officers and Wichit Municipality rescue workers soon arrived at the scene, the quiet residential housing estate Moo Baan Tinnawut, off Chao Fa West Rd.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/family-of-three-gunned-down-at-home-south-of-phuket-town-66712.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-10

Dog owners shot by neighbour over loud dog barking in Wichit

At about 11.30 pm last night, Wichit Police received a report about the shooting at Tinnawut Village, off Chao Fah West Road

By The Thaiger & The Nation

image_123986672-2-1.jpg

A family of three has been shot late last night (April 9) resulting in injuries after their neighbour got angry over their dog barking loudly.

At about 11.30 pm last night, Wichit Police received a report about the shooting at Tinnawut Village, off Chao Fah West Road. Police and rescue teams found a lot of blood at the scene from inside the house to the outdoor areas around the house with 6 spent cartridges on the floor.

There were 3 people injured including 41 year old Somchai Kiengchan, 43 year old Urarat Songsirisombat and 20 year old Thanawat Kiengchan.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/dog-owners-shot-by-neighbour-over-loud-dog-barking-in-wichit

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-04-10

i stayed in TRAT last year, all bloody night long a dog was barking, i got dressed chased the sod down the road,but soon  he was back,  barking again, it was a bit comical as there was a dog  led on someones drive and he looked at me as so as to say, yes its that frigin dog again, i cant sleep either lol so i feel for this guy, but a bit drastic, until someone has experienced this then no need to comment,

• Rule number 1 - never overtake with your car any other driver on a Thai road
  • Rule number 2 - make proper assessment of your new lady, just to be sure there is no jealous rival/ex  hiding behind the scene
  • Rule number 3 - don't have a dog...

(more rules to follow so stay tuned please)

Non respect of the above 3 rules in Thailand can get you...SHOT !!:shock1:

RIP to the victims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

It surprises me that this doesn't happen more often.

Even in very nice villages/moobaan's there's always a few dogs barking nonstop....and nobody dares to take any action.

Nobody dares to take action as there are no ways in Thai society to solve these kinds of problems except for:

1. Ignore it

2. Use connections to get the authorities out of their office

3. Solve it yourself with poison, your car, or a gun.

• Like 2

• Rule number 2 - make proper assessment of your new lady, just to be sure there is no jealous rival/ex  hiding behind the scene

RIP to the victims.
They aren't dead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

We have been calling Police (as many are doing also in our Soi), to stop the kids with unmuffled motorbikes going up and down the street all day and night.

The Police have been told many times, yet fail to deal with it.

Im afraid that soon, someone will take matters into their own hands, just out of frustration as this has been going on for over 6 months, 7 days a week and many are woken up at 2am, 3am, 4am etc.. and are just fed up

It is 100% the Police fault as they have not acted... After all those idiot kids dont know any better, but do know that the Police wont do anything, till its too late!

Iboprufen tabs squashed down and put in sausage meat will stop the dog noise.

We have barking dogs all night long but because our neighbours are all mental they add to the problem with drunken, drug stupid loud behaviour which makes my dogs bark so i can sleep in the fact that i know my dogs will be creating more nusiance purely because its the dogs of a farang. Surprisingly the neighbours dogs have been quieter and have even seen them put in houses for the night as a result. Perhaps they fear my dogs might get out. One time one of my dogs got out and pounced pulling a rider off there bike which cost a pretty penny but its best not to provoke them. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Iboprufen tabs squashed down and put in sausage meat will stop the dog noise.

We have barking dogs all night long but because our neighbours are all mental they add to the problem with drunken, drug stupid loud behaviour which makes my dogs bark so i can sleep in the fact that i know my dogs will be creating more nusiance purely because its the dogs of a farang. Surprisingly the neighbours dogs have been quieter and have even seen them put in houses for the night as a result. Perhaps they fear my dogs might get out. One time one of my dogs got out and pounced pulling a rider off there bike which cost a pretty penny but its best not to provoke them. 

Sounds like a movie plot!

Barking dog caused Phuket family shooting, police confirm

Eakkapop Thongtub

1523358353_1-org.jpg

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Maj Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen confirmed that a dog barking was the motivation behind the shooting. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Police investigating yesterday’s shooting of three family members by a lone shooter at the family’s house in the quiet residential housing estate Moo Baan Tinnawut, off Chao Fa West Rd, have confirmed that the shooting took place due to a dog barking.

When police arrived at the scene yesterday (Apr 9), Somchai Kieingchan, 42, who is traditional Thai dance teacher and a member of a dance troupe, was found bleeding profusely and had been shot in the left side of his neck.

His wife, Mrs Urarat, 43, had been shot twice in her lower back, once in an arm and once in a leg, and had a broken finger on her right hand.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/barking-dog-caused-phuket-family-shooting-police-confirm-66717.php#yk5v0fsGSbr6V64z.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-4-10

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

RIP to the victims.

I failed the Rule 3 once. I learned a lesson when coming home and found 3 people waiting by my neighbors house . All saying i have to pay for medical bills because my dog bit them. When asked I asked when? no one could say anything meaningful. I got into my house, called my wifes brother and he came to take the dog away. Plus my house is fenced. I got out without paying any medical bills. I told my wife, she is Thai so she better go and talk with the people. Camera all around my house , check for the past 7 days, i can account for my dogs activities. I guess they didnt win the lottery 

• Like 2

I am probably wrong but I do suppose the penalty for shooting a dog is harsher than shooting people. Certainly more people get upset when you shoot a dog, even those with rabies. This is Thailand I'm writing about.