'Torn Down' Prayuth Vows To ‘Fight’ In Latest Single

webfact

'Torn Down' Prayuth Vows To 'Fight' In Latest Single

By Jintamas Saksornchai

BANGKOK — The junta leader has dropped a new song that seeks to capitalize on a massive hit soap opera.

In “Fight for the Nation” released online Monday, junta chief and occasional songwriter Prayuth Chan-ocha promises to work hard for the nation despite how badly he is being “torn down.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/04/10/torn-down-prayuth-vows-to-fight-in-latest-single/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-10
  • Haha 1

Perhaps he could pen an "Ode to Bus Crash Victims" in solemn memory of those who have lost their lives and been injured due to the lack of strict government controls with bus road safety.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JOC said:

The song is the sixth credited to him since he seized power in the 2014 coup d’etat. His previous appeals to the public in song form include Returning Happiness to the People,” “Because You’re Thailand,” “Hope and Faith,” “Bridge, and Diamond Heart.”

I prefer the Carly Simon song, Legend in Your Own Time:

But you're a legend in your own time
A hero in the footlights
Playin' tunes to fit your rhyme
But a legend's only a lonely boy
When he goes home alone

Well a legend's only a lonely boy
When he goes home alone

• Like 1

'Minor chord melancholy from a miniature-minded moron' . . . that's the opening line of my follow-up song to Prayut's sad effort. It's sounding better, already, so I'll make sure the TV folk play it on election day/night, as the 2P's are loading their things into the removals convoys. Will we be able to hold back the tears? . . . that's my big worry.

Edited by Ossy
correction
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Didn't one PM get the boot a while back for going on a TV cookery show. Is this not similar thing?

You're thinking of Samak. He died of stomach cancer a few months after he resigned. People's Power Party aka Thai Rak Thai etc. It was his death and the fact that Thaksin did not support him in his renomination to lead the PPP that led Newin to split from supporting the PPP. Samak and Newin's father were big friends.

Back to the old crooner, if he turned into an Ozzie Osbourne clone and bit the the head off of a chicken I might just warm to him

• Like 1

Although the auto tune is strong with this  song, I ask if anyone has genuinely listened to it or even understood the words?

It's poetry put to music and not that bad.  Is it so wrong to have an artistic side?

Perhaps it doesn't  meet some people's preferences, but different tastes for some, right? After all, we have those who think Deep Purple was music, or that the   Minstrel shows that polluted the airwaves of the UK in the 70's was fine entertainment, or that the nasty bigoted Heino of Germany was a great artist etc.  I know that there are many Thais who like this sort of thing.

• Thanks 1

Prolific Prayut releases yet another single

By Wasamon Audjarint 
The Nation

2d3268ccb2b1dd507eee458fc63c54ca.jpeg

While a previous single “Jai Petch” or “Diamond Heart” hit a record number of 45,000 thumbs down dislikes on YouTube, PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday released yet another single called “Su Pheu Phan Din” or “Fight for the Land”.

The song made its debut at Government House, where Prayut presided over a merit-making ceremony for the upcoming Songkran Festival.

It is a sixth single so far by Prayut since he became premier in 2014.

Prayut is known to share his habit of writing songs and poetry with fellow Cabinet members, civil servants and the general public. His songs have been repeatedly played on junta-owned broadcasting programs.

His first song, “Khuen Kwam Suk Hai Pra Thed Thai” or “Returning Happiness to Thailand”, is considered the biggest hit so far and has been played throughout almost four years of the junta’s rule and has been popular in running gags mocking the junta.

For Su Pheu Phan Din, Prayut said that the song means a call for people to fight and do good deeds for the country, including himself.

“I’ve been here for almost four years I’ve seen some criticisms but I can bear it,” Prayut said at his weekly press briefing.

“I still don’t have all things finished yet. I wish politicians would adopt a mindset like mine,” he said. “My thoughts may be wrong as well but I wish they would propose some better, more rounded solutions.”

Much like Prayut’s explanation, the song’s lyrics mostly convey messages about attempts to do good deeds for the country with no criticisms to obstruct the deeds “carried on by honest hearts for better tomorrow”.

Unlike his previous songs, which mostly adopt 80s-style beat and rhythm, the latest song features Thai musical instruments, much like “BuppeSanNivas”, a soundtrack from the current hit TV series of the same name.

This came as no surprise to the song’s composer, Wichien Tantipimonphan, who also composed BuppeSanNivas.

Prayut also admitted that the song styling was intentional to catch the popularity of ancient Thai trends. “This is also in line with our Thai Niyom scheme,” Prayut said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30342934

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-11

His next single should be Don Nix's Going Down. Covered by such artists as Zep, Purple, The Who, JJ Cale, SRV, Pearl Jam, Bryan Ferry, Jeff Beck and many others.

I'm going down
I'm going, down, down, down
Down, down
Yes, I'm going down, yes
I'm going down, down, down
Down, down
Yes, I've got my feet in the window
Got my head on the ground

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Unlike his previous songs, which mostly adopt 80s-style beat and rhythm, the latest song features Thai musical instruments... 

...although Emperor Nero is widely expected to be accompanying him on fiddle.