Video: Not what you're expecting - but what about those parents?

snoop1130

Video: Not what you're expecting - but what about those parents?

A dash cam video showed a driver overtake a truck carrying plastic bottles on a main road and all seemed normal.

That is until a small boy aged about three or four runs directly into the path of the motorist.

Luckily the motorist's awareness meant he was able to brake in time and the little boy ran back bewildered to the side of the road.

The poster "TunAuto Rathapong said he was feeling shocked on Sunday in a Facebook post. 

He added:

"If it was someone else driving I don't know what would have happened. I feel good that we are both safe.

"But I am not OK with the level of care shown by the mother and father of this child."

Netizens on social media agreed with a massive barrage of negative comment being directed at the boy's folks, said Sanook in reporting the story. 

Source: https://www.sanook.com/news/6008266/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-4-10

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Don't assume  parents did anything wrong. Kids can just take off like that. Turn away for a millisecond and they are gone.

Not anybody making an assumption. It´s a clear and loud statement based on normal intelligence.

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Don't assume  parents did anything wrong. Kids can just take off like that. Turn away for a millisecond and they are gone.

The difference is, you and many other responsible parents with a brain are aware of the fact.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Because you know your child can "just take off" you make sure you don't turn away, even for a millisecond.  It is not a matter of doing anything "wrong", it is just being a responsible parent.  Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for the parents but I won't hold my breath.

20 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Yeah. That's why you tie them to a pole with a rope if you really have to avert your eyes and there's a road nearby. Or carry them at all times. Or, provided your house is not next to a highway - leave them at home with granny.

On 4/11/2018 at 8:10 AM, rkidlad said:

I remember walking on the pavement outside my apartment. The coffee shop owner's kid (who was at that age where they walk like they're drunk) was right next to the edge near the busy road. I instinctively without even thinking about what I was doing got in his way and ushered him back. I told the kid's mum in no uncertain kids not to let her kid anywhere near the road. Keep an eye on him. I remember some members on here telling me I should have minded my own business and I'm a 'guest' here. There's not a single situation where I wouldn't do exactly the same thing again. 

I think the reasons why some members told you to mind your own business is because they are cowardly and also have no moral compass. They ignore everything they know to be right with the excuse TIT. They will say things like " don't stop to help someone in an accident as you will be blamed" " don't help a child or a women being beaten in the street as all the Thais will gang up on you and kill you". They have allowed Thailand to change them as a person or maybe they were always like that.