Ambulance drama: Red car driver apologizes to society

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The driver of the red Suzuki Swift that wouldn't get out of the way of an ambulance with its siren blaring has apologized to society.

B*""*<+s!!!!!!!!

Sling his arse in jail for the in-mates to play with!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He has also said sorry "from the bottom of my heart" to the family of the man in the ambulance.

The man died.

When he's released from jail, get him a job grave-digging for the rest of his miserable days; the last hole for himself!

• Like 1

Luckily he didn't have a box with water guns in the trunk of his car, or it would have been 10 years in the hole and/or 1 mio Baht fine... Now that the man in the delayed ambulance died, it's probably only 500 Baht and an "I'm so sorry", although he should be a role model.

I'm still stunned by the measure of punishment they have in the Kingdom...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah,  all of the negative things mentioned, DOUBLED!

I urge everyone to respond to his plea, "Panuwat Sricharoen asked for people having a go at his wife and family to please stop. It was his responsibility alone." 

Lets all have a real go at his wife and family! How can I contact them?

The terd has it all backwards.   It's not his responsibility alone.

It is his loving family that gave him his bad soi dog attitude.

It is his wife that facilitates this tird brain behavior.

I bet that they are making this imperious nobody's life hell.

"Khun Songhai's wife stopped talking when I went into the room and gave me hard look!‘ I can't stand it, You've got to make an apology on video."

Keep it up till he is on his knees begging us to stop. 

Kinda like the family members in the van were begging him to move out of the way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, ratcatcher said:

I do not believe there is a case for defamation here as the video contains nothing of a false nature,  what was filmed is what actually happened.  The contrite and embarrassed driver of the red Suzuki has lost a massive amount of face and indeed may need surgery.

Having his gonads removed?

But..can they find them?

• Haha 2

A gallop poll recently showed that the uk is is the leading country country in the world for road rage.

All this hysteria on here re thais and driving standards is the usual uninformed tosh.

All road rage needs to br severely dealt with wherever it happens.

To demonise one country as so often happens ( usually without any supporting evidence ) is puerile.

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

A gallop poll recently showed that the uk is is the leading country country in the world for road rage.

All this hysteria on here re thais and driving standards is the usual uninformed tosh.

All road rage needs to br severely dealt with wherever it happens.

To demonise one country as so often happens ( usually without any supporting evidence ) is puerile.

Gallup polls may well show the British road users to exhibit the greatest amount of road rage, but as an expat lover of 
Thais, you must admit we are not discussing Thais' road rage so much as their ignorance of road rules.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, darksidedog said:

Good, because from the look of the photo, he seems to think he can get away with a wai and all is forgiven.

For anyone to do this was wrong. For a member of the emergency services it is totally reprehensible.

And never forget, the man in the delayed ambulance died.

What baffles me is why didn't the ambulance driver just go around him, as I understand, he had room ?

I am not condoning what the idiot in the red car did, but how long did the ambulance driver stay up his rear until he either went around him, or did the driver in the red car eventually move.

I don't have the full story, sure shame the guy, but what did the ambulance driver do, i.e. was he stubborn in not moving and going around him, and delayed the patient from getting to the hospital or did he eventually go around him.

This is new to Thai's (thick as bricks) when it comes to being educated to western standards, no fault of their own, so I say that with respect, i.e. my Mrs has learned after 11 years how to handle Thai's, no more wai's and submission, complaints all the way to the top, so they can throw the complaints in the bin :sorry:

Edited by 4MyEgo

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, colinneil said:

The driver is a staff member of the national institute of medical emergency, his wife is a nurse !!

Unbelievable, they more than most people are aware of the need to get out of the way of emergency vehicles.

I hope they live in a secure location, and their car is hidden at night, because somebody will have a go at wrecking their car.

Why are you bringing his wife into this when she had nothing to do with it?

21 hours ago, farcanell said:

So.... the OP is a bald faced lie, then?

and same same for the Monday OP... lies?

No, i said it was irresponsible and disgusting reporting because they purposely leave out information to make the events more dramatic.

The ambulance was not allowed to use sirens as it was not an emergency case. The patient was brought home to die a "peaceful" death after treatment options ran out.

But most here are not interested in facts. They want to suggest a cruel punishment for "murder", vent their rage, and move on to the next news item about a minivan crashing or road rage to post something similar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

No, i said it was irresponsible and disgusting reporting because they purposely leave out information to make the events more dramatic.

The ambulance was not allowed to use sirens as it was not an emergency case. The patient was brought home to die a "peaceful" death after treatment options ran out.

But most here are not interested in facts. They want to suggest a cruel punishment for "murder", vent their rage, and move on to the next news item about a minivan crashing or road rage to post something similar.

Well said.

5 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

OK.... the reporting point is understood and agreed. (And... these tactics of using rubbish to sell newspapers is not unique to thailand, not that this is relevant)

but... all reports that I have read, say that the siren was on.... the exception being your post ( obviously I haven’t read everything... and the non Thai wife can’t help me with the Thai version of the truth), so if you can demonstrate your claim, please do, otherwise I’m left with what I’ve read.... ie... siren on... those seem to be the facts (facts corroborated by personnel experience)... so again, please provide your alternative facts, then perhaps others, who you claim are not interested in facts, may form a different conclusion, demonstrating that they are in fact, interested in facts (the origional Facebook upload may have sound... that would be conclusive... and no, I won’t check myself, as I don’t have a FB account)

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

but... all reports that I have read, say that the siren was on.... the exception being your post ( obviously I haven’t read everything... and the non Thai wife can’t help me with the Thai version of the truth), so if you can demonstrate your claim, please do, otherwise I’m left with what I’ve read.... ie... siren on... those seem to be the facts (facts corroborated by personnel experience)... so again, please provide your alternative facts, then perhaps others, who you claim are not interested in facts, may form a different conclusion, demonstrating that they are in fact, interested in facts (the origional Facebook upload may have sound... that would be conclusive... and no, I won’t check myself, as I don’t have a FB account)

I think you are misreading what i am saying, or i have been unclear.

Nowhere i said the sirens were not on, i state the sirens SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ON.

An ambulance is, by law, only allowed to use sirens (lights and sound) in case of an emergency. This was not an emergency. But they did use the sirens which was not allowed. 

The driver of the red car was in the wrong for not moving over. The driver of the ambulance was in the wrong for having the sirens on while there was no emergency. Both should be punished, one with a slap on the fingers and the other one a bit harsher (in my opinion).

Hope that clears it up.

1 minute ago, Bob12345 said:

I think you are misreading what i am saying, or i have been unclear.

Nowhere i said the sirens were not on, i state the sirens SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ON.

An ambulance is, by law, only allowed to use sirens (lights and sound) in case of an emergency. This was not an emergency. But they did use the sirens which was not allowed. 

The driver of the red car was in the wrong for not moving over. The driver of the ambulance was in the wrong for having the sirens on while there was no emergency. Both should be punished, one with a slap on the fingers and the other one a bit harsher (in my opinion).

Hope that clears it up.

Ah ha!

it could well have been my comprehension level... but now I see what you say.... and agree that the lights should not be used if not in an emergency situation ( same with the everyday cacophony of car horns!)

but that said.... if an emergency siren is in use, it’s not up to other road users to decide if it’s a correct use or not... it’s for them to do nothing other than move out of the way ( similarly, it’s not for the emergency vehicle to try and sneak past a car deliberately hindering it... per some other posters questioning)

by not moving, this man has set, or perpetuated, a standard that others might emulate, and as he is a professional in the field, and a member of a family with other health proffessionals, there is no doubt that he did know better, and should therefore be punished at the highest level, as ignorance etc cannot be claimed. That is, at the highest level as allowed by law for his transgression under the law. 

Then.... as he is a professional, with no excuse for impeding fellow emergency workers, he should also be punished by his employer, and perhaps, with this level of maturity and respect, he should be barred from future employment in the field.

regards the use of the siren when it wasn’t needed... that should be investigated and actioned by the emergency service provider.

• Like 1

or....you could argue that as siren abuse is prevalent in Thailand, then as a heath professional he would know that it's very unlikely that the ambulance was actually not on an emergency....no, what am I saying, of course the stupid <deleted> should have moved over...its just common decency to do so...common decency, now there's another subject completely.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An apology is easy and if that is the end to it others who feel that they are more important than those around them will continue to do things that could put lives in peril, like not moving over when an ambulance is coming. There should be a requirement for restitution, enough to make the offender really feel it. And possibly jail time to help others that may feel the urge to be as inconsiderate to rethink their actions.

On 11/04/2018 at 9:56 AM, JOC said:

Clearly no end to the stupidity around here.....!!

So if I film a crime in progress...I can get sued by the perpetrators?

You couldn't make this stuff up......Welcome to Disneyland.....(Sorry Walt, it is an insult to your creation)

Filming a crime in progress is perfectly legal.

What appears to be illegal is publishing the footage online.

One may wish to believe that is absolute madness but I won't for fear of defaming Thailand's Judiciary.

On 11/04/2018 at 9:56 AM, JOC said:

Clearly no end to the stupidity around here.....!!

So if I film a crime in progress...I can get sued by the perpetrators?

You couldn't make this stuff up......Welcome to Disneyland.....(Sorry Walt, it is an insult to your creation)

It's OK we know you meant Dizzyland.  Can't trust this predictive texting.