Huge cache of "war weapons" found as toy trader faces 10 years in jail for water guns!

webfact

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

These utter complete fools should be paraded through the streets wearing nothing but a dunces hat, they really are a bunch of retarded fools that deprive the earth of worthwhile oxygen. They should have been fed to dogs at birth.

How dare you talk about your fellow Europeans like that?:smile:

I'll have you know that I have met at least two (yes, two)that do not answer to your description.

But back to the topic at hand..

oh dear, I need some advice.
I have a fierce 12 litre pressured plant spray device. :saai: 
It does absolutely not look like a gun, unlike the UZI submachine knock-offs in the picture.

Should I quietly put it with the neighbours' garbage or not ??

Edited by KKr
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Welcome to the world of understanding the written form of the English language.

The article did not say that they were war weapons, the obviously tongue-in-cheek headline (and the entire article) put the words in inverted commas indicating that they were not actually being referred to as war weapons.  The international media will have no problem understanding what the article was saying.  

They are facing ten years in Jail! Do you think this is how they normally deal with toy traders? Will the international media think this is standard practice for water gun issues?

8 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

They are facing ten years in Jail! Do you think this is how they normally deal with toy traders? Will the international media think this is standard practice for water gun issues?

Yes, that is how traders selling illegal high-powered water guns can be treated.  And 10 years is the maximum.  Toy traders selling normal toys that are not banned will not be treated the same as this woman!

Will the international media think this is standard practice for water gun issues?

The international media won't give this a second thought as they will understand the way that the report was written!

Edited by Just Weird

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, that is how traders selling illegal high-powered water guns can be treated.  And 10 years is the maximum.  Toy traders selling normal toys that are not banned will not be treated the same as this woman!

Will the international media think this is standard practice for water gun issues?

The international media won't give this a second thought as they will understand the way that the report was written!

We'll see soon enough

8 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

So, how many Bar pressure is it in those guns? Maybe can use them as high pressure washer to clean the car?

Less than 2.7 Bar/40PSI  so far less than the other quite legal high pressure water guns that are 180 Bar. 

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oh My God! I am utterly stunned that the BIB have so little to do, that they thought this worthwhile.

With probably a couple of million of them being sold around the country in the next week, what made these 192 so special?

When I thought I couldn't be totally amazed at anything here, once again, I have been proven wrong.

What amazes me more is that you can have a real gun in your hand in the street threaten some one with it and get off scott-free !!!!

Thai law is an arse!!!!!

Yeah you're right....Special Forces patrolling the beaches for people smoking cigarettes.....and the police force arresting water pistol vendors......What's next?

Coo coo, coo coo, coo coo

:cheesy::clap2::1zgarz5:

Edited by Top Chef

More proof, if any be needed, that we are not in control of our life situations. This woman was going about her legal trading business, a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary, then WAM!!! There is nothing so outlandish that it can't happen in your space. She will fight this no doubt but whatever the outcome it is going to cost her, perhaps even ruin her combined with a possible loss of liberty. It is as sad as it is ridiculous and yet I believe it couldn't happen any other way, it is as it is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So, all kidding aside: Are there anywhere specifications available, which determine what water guns are now legal and which one illegal?? I mean like max pressure; operational pressure; tank capacity; nozzle diameter; water velocity and/or pressure at nozzle exit; reloading capacity in sec. a.s.o. I have still 2 in the house, which are not the pressurized type. I didn't use them last year, nor did I intend to do so this year, however the risk of a raid is extremely likely, I did not a good job to hide them away. For the time being they're of no use as I need to open them and fix reinforce the hoses inside.

On a second thought, could I just bring them to the local Amphoe and/or next police station to get them registered, or let's say tagged as "safe" ?

I would eventually suggest to all people in Thailand who want to use a similar water splashing device to get them registered at there nearest police station.

Ohh BTW: All others, who don't want to use them could meanwhile file a complaint, for being assaultet with illegal war weapons....:saai:

Edited by jethro69
Forgot something...

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Perhaps they truly are higher powered than others.. that is about the only thing I can think about. 

I can understand the trader being in tears, she loses a lot of money and threat of jail.

If these are no different from others then this is just a shakedown. Some real testing is needed. 

But unless the customs office really checked them (like when you have to go to customs office) just being able to receive them does not mean a thing. Plenty of drugs send by mail too, bet the excuse would not work there either.

Its a real strange story and I feel for the trader and think there are better things to do for the police. In the old days you had pipe water guns that really did damage. I would not mind if they gone after those.. but this.. crazy IMHO (unless they truly are more powerful) 

From the picture i thought they were all laughing...

45 minutes ago, Top Chef said:

Yeah you're right....Special Forces patrolling the beaches for people smoking cigarettes.....and the police force arresting water pistol vendors......What's next?

Coo coo, coo coo, coo coo

:cheesy::clap2::1zgarz5:

Special forces  " Drop that cigarette right now or I will be forced to use my war weapon , be warned , the water in it is tepid "    Monty P F C never thought of this stuff.

1 hour ago, jethro69 said:

So, all kidding aside: Are there anywhere specifications available, which determine what water guns are now legal and which one illegal?? I mean like max pressure; operational pressure; tank capacity; nozzle diameter; water velocity and/or pressure at nozzle exit; reloading capacity in sec. a.s.o. I have still 2 in the house, which are not the pressurized type. I didn't use them last year, nor did I intend to do so this year, however the risk of a raid is extremely likely, I did not a good job to hide them away. For the time being they're of no use as I need to open them and fix reinforce the hoses inside.

On a second thought, could I just bring them to the local Amphoe and/or next police station to get them registered, or let's say tagged as "safe" ?

I would eventually suggest to all people in Thailand who want to use a similar water splashing device to get them registered at there nearest police station.

Ohh BTW: All others, who don't want to use them could meanwhile file a complaint, for being assaultet with illegal war weapons....:saai:

I'm going to use a small red bowl.

What could possibly go wrong with that...

:smile::smile:

8 minutes ago, JAG said:

I'm going to use a small red bowl.

What could possibly go wrong with that...

:smile::smile:

What do you think JAG.. you will be jailed in no time.. 

a RED bowl.

Secretly inciting rebellion.. that is what you will be charged with. 

If I were you id make it a GREEN bowl to be safe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

More proof, if any be needed, that we are not in control of our life situations. This woman was going about her legal trading business, a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary, then WAM!!! There is nothing so outlandish that it can't happen in your space. She will fight this no doubt but whatever the outcome it is going to cost her, perhaps even ruin her combined with a possible loss of liberty. It is as sad as it is ridiculous and yet I believe it couldn't happen any other way, it is as it is.

She's a toy trader and in Thailand the rules regarding importing toys are very clear in whats required to meet TISI standards.

Shouldn't knock the authorities for doing their job especially in the toys safety business. Imagine if she's selling kids toys stating approved for 1-3 year olds and the parts fall off and can be swallowed by the a kid, or that the factory has assembled the toys using a toxic glue that could poison a child.