81 foreigners arrested in nationwide crackdown

webfact

Just go onto any of the hundreds of building sites...I bet they'd catch thousands. Also fine the schools heavily - and not just the teachers. They may think twice about cutting corners and not doing the important paperwork for their teachers. 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

He said 62 foreigners – 25 Laotians, 24 from Myanmar, four Indians, four Cambodians, two Vietnamese, one Pakistani, and one Liberian – were arrested on charges of unlawful entry into the Kingdom.

I make that 61.  One got away!!

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

These guys represent a very, very small numbers of the real magnitude

of the the total number of overstayers, some of them criminals,

in this country.....

Plenty of criminals that aren't on overstay and plenty of overstayers that aren't criminals.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, it does.

You didn't "explain" anything, you gave your irrational opinion which seems to be that only one crime at a time can be investigated by an entire police force or that this exercise took priority over every other investigation. 

It does seem that way.....

Even traffic stops seem to focus on one infringement when faced with a multitude of them.

Oh well, we seem to be in the midst of a zenophobic reaction, but if it nets some nasty criminals and removes them, fine.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Somehow, Laotians, Burmese, Cambodians, Vietnamese and Africans don't strike me as the likely folks working legally or illegally at your local schools or language schools here.

Yeah, must have been attending school maybe, hahahahahaha

On 4/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

With that attitude I doubt you have been here 30 days let alone over 30 years. 

Maybe you come from a country that is overrun by illegal immigrants so you think it is fine because you just don't know any better. Why don't you move down to south Pattaya??

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, MaxYakov said:

Sorry, missed again! I didn't even imply that immigration were the only RTP officers, but I have been off-topic since my initial reply, haven't I?

Then, pray tell, where is and should be the RTP's focus if you were making strategic decisions for law enforcement in Thailand?

Irrational Max 

I did not claim to know where the police focus is, nor is it my place to say where it should be, that's assuming that it's not where it should be.

Were there any arrests for speeding or driving too fast for conditions or otherwise reckless driving on the roads and freeways, particularly speeding double-decker buses or young actresses in expensive, SUV type vehicles?
Yeah exactly. A statement comes out about cracking down on driving unsafe in songkran conditions - next day the story us let's raid illegal immigrants. I don't think the memos are getting distributed [emoji23]
  • Thanks 1

On 12-4-2018 at 10:46 AM, richard_smith237 said:

No... because the Immigration Police do not police the roads, they police those breaking Immigration Law.

So, your criticism is of the Immigration Police not doing the job of another division?

So Big Joke now works for the immigration police?

Can members in here only joking around and not see this is a serious crime? 

If migrants enter your country illegal I am sure you will complain and screaming out of my country too

Your guy's is........ 

Good job continue please to hunt this people down Thailand dont need you 

On 2018-04-12 at 9:42 AM, webfact said:

He said 62 foreigners – 25 Laotians, 24 from Myanmar, four Indians, four Cambodians, two Vietnamese, one Pakistani, and one Liberian – were arrested on charges of unlawful entry into the Kingdom.

My addition shows only 61 foreigners but I didn't use a calculator so I could be wrong!

22 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Why does everybody just assume that most White Folk are Criminals.  :giggle:

No such assumption made. Usually these reports include a couple of farangs. Not sure that those folks listed are criminals, for that matter. Only that they have neen arrested.  I have seen a couple of instances where people were arrested and later released with apologies from the police.

22 hours ago, Aussie69 said:

Yeah exactly. A statement comes out about cracking down on driving unsafe in songkran conditions - next day the story us let's raid illegal immigrants. I don't think the memos are getting distributed emoji23.png

I agree it's all about keeping face and never solving anything really, you have heard the saying , Knee jerk reaction. It's the new Thai politician slogan now..