Splish, splash – tourists and Thais get wet and wild

snoop1130

8 hours ago, phil2407 said:

or using high-pressure water guns (sellers face up to six months in jail and up to Bt50,000 in fine). 

Now im ?‍♂️ confused! Didn’t it say the other day that a seller of these “army guns” faced up to 10 years jail and up to 1 million baht fine - which is it 

sorry must be the water from entering my ear etc ? 

There may be a difference between dealers importing illegal items (which you are referring to) and distributors down the line selling them.

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Help! There are hundreds of beautiful young women in wet clothing outside the hotel that want me we to come out and play with them...oh the humanity!!!!!!

It would be rude not to ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, superal said:

How could you not like that picture and the Thais do invite us falangs to take part in this sensible cultural celebration even though we are not Buddhists .

However I do agree with you about the wannabe Thais , the real Thais are laughing behind their backs but as long as his ATM keeps paying out they will go along with it . 

Point 1. Pouring water on a Buddha is not cultural, it is religious.

Point 2. Did you mean white westerners, or did you mean foreigners?

s

5 hours ago, JOC said:

Wow....A 63 year old with a brain of a 12 year old (being polite here)....

So the highlight of your boring life is to spray water and have a few beers....how very exciting (thanks for sharing)

But each to his own...

The problem here is, that your childish games effect a lot of people, who don't share your playfulness...

So please limit your "fun" to just one day, and respect people who are not participants in the games...

Maybe a 12 year old would know the difference between affect and effect.

You want just one day for Songkran, go some country where it is not celebrated and spend that single day drowning your sorry, sad and boring ass.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, siamcrut said:

Like her?
Image1523622362.003270.jpg

Not many native Americans hanging around hotels in Thailand.

"The Family of Junal Gerlach is of Native American Decent. Direct line descendant of Chief Gall.   Enrolled members of the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe, Oglala Lakota Sioux Tribe and Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. "

Juvenile water throwers sums up the childish nature of the thais .i remember teaching there and how immature the people were . 25 year olds behaving like 12 year olds adults with the mental development of children . I had to vet out of there or id have become like that too. 37 year olds watching The lion king and donald duck .

Now same folks got older and watch Thai soaps and carry a 9mm guns under their belt, while driving their black fortuner.

1 hour ago, siamcrut said:

Juvenile water throwers sums up the childish nature of the thais .i remember teaching there and how immature the people were . 25 year olds behaving like 12 year olds adults with the mental development of children . I had to vet out of there or id have become like that too. 37 year olds watching The lion king and donald duck .

Now same folks got older and watch Thai soaps and carry a 9mm guns under their belt, while driving their black fortuner.

What were you teaching? I hope it wasn't English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe a 12 year old would know the difference between affect and effect.

You want just one day for Songkran, go some country where it is not celebrated and spend that single day drowning your sorry, sad and boring ass.

Were you out throwing water today? I hope so - we wouldn’t want your ass getting any sorrier, sadder or boring than it is already.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sngkran has been going on for a long time and will continue. The best advice is if

you plan out your activities, you can avoid the trouble spots and find lots of

places in Thailand that still enjoy the spirit of Songkran. Do not wear clothes that

you do not want to get wet, keep a good attitude, and remember that there are always

a few bad apples in every crowd, keep Cayanne , and normal pepper mix handy to sprinkle on these folks

and  watch them sneeze them selves half to death.  Long Live Songkran!

Geezer

44 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Sngkran has been going on for a long time and will continue. The best advice is if

you plan out your activities, you can avoid the trouble spots and find lots of

places in Thailand that still enjoy the spirit of Songkran. Do not wear clothes that

you do not want to get wet, keep a good attitude, and remember that there are always

a few bad apples in every crowd, keep Cayanne , and normal pepper mix handy to sprinkle on these folks

and  watch them sneeze them selves half to death.  Long Live Songkran!

Geezer

I hope you are joking.

Years ago i' ve got my eyes rubbed  with talcum or something, by a ladyboy in Nong Khai, i 'd liked to give him a slap, but in fact i could not see anything for a few minutes it took to clean my eyes.

That is pure thuggery, nothing to do with the noble spirit of Songkran.

I guess I should have said that when I was there, at Songkran I wore a pair of goggles,

and survived 3 days of water drenching, of course the guns were weaker and I only seen

one incident in Phuket where an idiot on a fire truck knocked 2 people off their motorbikes

with a 2 inch water hose. It was funny when the police came, and he sprayed their car.

They backed away then came out with their pistols out.  One shot into the tree nearby

the firetruck, and the drunk shut off the hose and surrendered. It was an entertaining

20 minutes.

Geezer

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

You sound like a really fun person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Is he aiming at a motorbike going by on an overpass?

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Here is an idiot with a 2 inch water hose, Do any of you commenters want to be hit by

this if you are riding by on a motorbike?? No!!

Geezer

DSCN7421_JPG_c31e08cced897deb1d28c6117550d05c.jpg

That is not a 'farang', must have been photoshopped! :shock1:

Edited by lvr181
Grammar correction
  • Thanks 1