Man caught with drugs, fake banknotes in suitcase at Phuket airport

snoop1130

Man caught with drugs, fake banknotes in suitcase at Phuket airport

Eakkapop Thongtub

1523597588_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Police arrested a man at Phuket International Airport with a haul of drugs found in his suitcase along with 53 fake B1,000 banknotes last night (April 12).

Officers placed Nanawa Na Songkhla, 36, from Chiang Mai, under arrest at about 8pm.

Police explained that Nanawa was acting suspiciously while his bag was being scanned at a checkpoint at the airport, prompting security personnel to conduct a more thorough search of his luggage.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-caught-with-drugs-fake-banknotes-in-suitcase-at-phuket-airport-66762.php#qKZILATi6Xi8telm.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-4-13

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

PHUKET:-- Police arrested a man at Phuket International Airport with a haul of drugs found in his suitcase along with 53 fake B1,000 banknotes last night (April 12).

Maybe it was (partially) a misunderstanding, and he had received the fake banknotes for selling part of his drug stash in Chiang Mai. (Not that I would use that as a defense, if I were him...) :post-4641-1156694572:

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

counterfeit money

Thailand has some of the most uncounterfeitable notes in the world. The 1000 and 500 baht notes are not paper but a complex, sophisticated polymer. I think the technology is Australian. Don't know if the Aussies actually make the notes for Thailand.

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Thailand has some of the most uncounterfeitable notes in the world. The 1000 and 500 baht notes are not paper but a complex, sophisticated polymer. I think the technology is Australian. Don't know if the Aussies actually make the notes for Thailand.

I was always under the impression they were printed in Oz using inks produced by Coates Ink Division.

Might be wrong though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Pretty fancy name for a man holding narcotics and counterfeit money!

" Na Songkhla, " > is a name that was given by the king to honour some family ( probably of chinese origin ) because they did something good ...

Normally families that have a name that refers to a city like " Na Ranong " , " Na Hua Hin " etc ... are wealthy and do not need to copy Banknotes or deal with drugs ...

Anyway , this guy caused a massive " loss of face " to his family ...

20 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You are correct they in fact have had assistance from Australia 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Media1 said:

You are correct they in fact have had assistance from Australia 

Can you share where you got that info, find this stuff interesting. I know between 1902 til the 1940's Thai bank notes were printed in England. Apparently Thailand has been doing it's own research and development of bank notes since 1969 without any outside help and have been very successful in making high quality bank notes such as those in circulation today. That's according to the BoT anyway. Would be interesting to know where the Australians contributed to the notes