Why no milkshakes?

canuckamuck

Today I was in a mood for a milkshake. I don't know why, I don't think I have even had one in a decade, but I got the craving. Then it occurred to me that I have never seen a shop offering milkshakes here. I don't think that even Dairy Queen has them, which is bizarre because that is the cornerstone of their franchise in North America. Where's a guy got to go to get a milkshake? I mean other than make one myself.

• Haha 1

i actually thought this was a thread about songkran and the breast super soaker 10 finger, but i have some memory of going to swensens when i wanted a milkshake,

above a pizza company just right of soi post office

on beach rd

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

I go to burger king. 3 flavors chocolate,strawberry,vanilla 3 sizes too.

Or he could just google "milkshake and thailand" and presto, his world has changed in the blink of an eye.

1. http://bk.asia-city.com/restaurants/news/best-milkshakes-bangkok

2. Once Upon A Milkshake Thailand - Bangkok, Thailand | Facebook

https://www.facebook.com › Places › Bangkok, Thailand › Ice Cream Shop

Unfortunately, this also means that the OP post is fake news!

Butter Better have what you want...trust me. This restaurant has better food than most USA restaurants. Also, Fat Elvis has the best wings in the world. Better than BW3 in USA.

butter better is at 183 Chang Klan Rd, Chang Klan, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000

It is by Pantip Plaza. go catty corner from pantip then south on chang Klan Road for about 100 meters. it is on your left.

Fat Elvis is 38 Ratvithi Road, Tampon Sriphoom, Amphor Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50200. that is inside the moot about 50 meters from chiang mai saloon on the same side of the street going towards the mountains (west).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. And not to hijack too much, how about maple bars? Not at Dunkin or Mister Donut.... Funny how we start to crave some item over here that we wouldn't give a second thought about at a place that was once "home"...

Buy a blender and ice cream.

I don't use milk in my milkshakes.

There is a DQ in Westover, Massachusetts, the shakes are very, very, thick.

Sip 1 time through the straw, and it takes 10 minutes for the ice cream to drain out the straw.

DQ shake, and a habanero cheeseburger, OR a Frostie and a double chees, mayo, onions, tomato with a potato at Wendy's.

Wendy's needs to come to Thailand AND DQ needs to have their full US menu in LOS.

Edited by themerg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Kinda like trying to buy phla la or somtam in Canada, right.

True, and keep in mind that it's only recently that a few thais started to drink cow's milk, mostly in small UHT boxes and mostly little kids.

Milk shakes / milk consumption is not part of daily life in LOS for 99% of adults, never has been

On a slant, a very large % of Thais have no knowledge (not their fault) about keeping fresh milk in the fridge and smell it every time before you use it, and never drink it if it's bit off or past the use by date.

My son's mother-in-law gets angry when my son puts the milk bottle back in the fridge after she gets a small cup of milk for son's kids (she doesn't drink milk she thinks it's not natural to drink milk / milk products, in fact she disputes that it comes from cows - impossible, there are no cows in Thailand) .

She believes that it's not necessary to be kept in the fridge at all, and it will result in the fridge using a lot more electricity.

Reality is that she's stubborn old cow herself and get's ornery quickly if anybody tries to tell her / suggest how to do things. She visits for a few days every couple of months. My very polite but very determined Thai son had 'run ins' with her many times a day until she realized that she was losing the battle.  

Edited by scorecard

What about a ham, cheese and tomato toastie? Every coffee shop would rake it in, but then, that entrepreneur spirit ain’t there. Even a Pom selling ice cream near Panthip gave up milkshakes after a week of getting my business.  Maybe the cows threatened him. Mad Cow.

1 minute ago, Brickbat said:

What about a ham, cheese and tomato toastie? Every coffee shop would rake it in, but then, that entrepreneur spirit ain’t there. Even a Pom selling ice cream near Panthip gave up milkshakes after a week of getting my business.  Maybe the cows threatened him. Mad Cow.

You can get a ham cheese toastie at every 7/11 in Thailand, add your own tomato.

Burger King, McDonalds, etc. DO NOT serve milkshakes.  Who the hell knows what that stuff is.

Carl's Jr. was doing real ice cream milk shakes but they stopped.

Too bad.

Edited by LALes
added a line