What Are The Secrets Of Using A Printer Well?

fanciman

Different models of printer... I get a few decent pages then an inevitable jam. Do i have to do something to the paper to make it feed properly? Or is it that i am not using the world most expensive paper or something?

These are newish machines. It shouldn't be because bits are worn out.

And the colour... The first page might look all right, but then the colour starts drifting way off, and this is with the original inks from when the printer was first delivered...

What are the secrets of using a printer?

And the colour... The first page might look all right, but then the colour starts drifting way off, and this is with the original inks from when the printer was first delivered...

What are the secrets of using a printer?

Addressing the colour issue... CALIBRATION could be the problem. Do an internet search on "Printer Calibration." Here are two links I found. Here and Here.

Edited by Rice_King

I get a few decent pages then an inevitable jam. Do i have to do something to the paper to make it feed properly? Or is it that i am not using the world most expensive paper or something?

Many, or better mostly times paper jamming is coming from the used paper, scpecial if the printer is new.

Avoid to use paper which is cretaceous (calky, whiting) special that paper which leaves a kind of white powder on your fingers after touching that paper. This powder will make the rubber rolls slippery while transporting the paper and the result is: Paperjam! Some companies sell this so named "coated" paper for Inkjet Printers whit an very high amount of calk because as long as you can print the color output is very intensiv and bright! But after a few prionts, the paper starts jamming!

I get a few decent pages then an inevitable jam. Do i have to do something to the paper to make it feed properly? Or is it that i am not using the world most expensive paper or something?

Many, or better mostly times paper jamming is coming from the used paper, scpecial if the printer is new.

Avoid to use paper which is cretaceous (calky, whiting) special that paper which leaves a kind of white powder on your fingers after touching that paper. This powder will make the rubber rolls slippery while transporting the paper and the result is: Paperjam! Some companies sell this so named "coated" paper for Inkjet Printers whit an very high amount of calk because as long as you can print the color output is very intensiv and bright! But after a few prionts, the paper starts jamming!

What make of printer is it?

Most printers have a maintenance tab in the properties section which will allow you to calibrate, align and head clean your machine. You should also make sure you “FAN” the paper before putting it in the machine