People using "Ha Ha" as hate-likes -- scandalous or ridiculous?

Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My point is that anyone with any character is not going to be liked by everybody and should not worry about that either. 

There you are JT. Three "likes" in a row, so you know now that I don't hate you.:cheesy:

We had a similar discussion (over time) in the Brexit thread, there's at least one poster who stalks certain members and clicks the sad or funny emoticon every time those people post - one member has acquired over 500 sad emoticon clicks within three months, interestingly, the emoticon clicker only very rarely posts anything himself.

Personally, I think it is stalking but I also think it's a sign of poor mental health so allowances have to be made. For me personally I don't really care what emoticons appear next to my posts but it is rather frustrating to log on and find there are 35 notifcations, 33 of them from the same idiot. - I believe the mods have got this issue in hand and are taking steps. 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My point is that anyone with any character is not going to be liked by everybody and should not worry about that either. 

People with character don't care if strangers on the internet don't like them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

We had a similar discussion (over time) in the Brexit thread, there's at least one poster who stalks certain members and clicks the sad or funny emoticon every time those people post - one member has acquired over 500 sad emoticon clicks within three months, interestingly, the emoticon clicker only very rarely posts anything himself.

Personally, I think it is stalking but I also think it's a sign of poor mental health so allowances have to be made. For me personally I don't really care what emoticons appear next to my posts but it is rather frustrating to log on and find there are 35 notifcations, 33 of them from the same idiot. - I believe the mods have got this issue in hand and are taking steps. 

Maybe they belong on a cartoon forum. I thought this forum was about Siam not faces.

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Why post - or read - a Forum if you choose this option ?

Debate - and Banter - is the purpose.

The OP said years ago that he put me on Ignore. Cry myself to sleep every nite

free.jpg

Some people like yes men. That way they don't have to think.

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

I'd say it's a lazy way to communicate to just do sads. I've had a few stalkers do that. Not sure why they bother. It mostly indicates their own feelings.

What's the point of doing 50 sads?

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

I'd say it's a lazy way to communicate to just do sads. I've had a few stalkers do that. Not sure why they bother. It mostly indicates their own feelings.

What's the point of doing 50 sads?

500, not 50.

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Looks like everyone uses the icons differently. I use the sad icon to indicate the poster is ####ed in the head.

What happened to the personal abuse theory you have?

Oops that went out the window.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, I agree, but when someone does you a bad turn, you can't help it bothering you.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I agree, but when someone does you a bad turn, you can't help it bothering you.

It really depends. Case by case. I recommend the use of the Ignore List for obnoxious stalkers and such like. The Ha Ha hate-likes are really nothing, much less bothersome than a buzzing mossie.

I started the thread because I noticed the phenom and found it kind of funny. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

A bad turn is someone ripping you off, stealing, assault or talking bad about you to family members or friends.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It really depends. Case by case. I recommend the use of the Ignore List for obnoxious stalkers and such like. The Ha Ha hate-likes are really nothing, much less bothersome than a buzzing mossie.

I started the thread because I noticed the phenom and found it kind of funny. 

Yes, I do not have any stalkers, but there is one person who hates me.

• Confused 1

Reading this read has been interesting,  seeing different attitudes towards emojis.

I sometimes use the laughing emoji, if i think the post is funny/ hilarious.

People who use the sad emoji every time on 1 of your posts are digital stalkers, yes i have 1, he has already commented on this thread, he is a stalker and should stop his silly antics.

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

The mods have what in their hands?  And are taking what?

"The mods have what in their hands?" - "this issue", aka the subject of this post, what else!

"And are taking what?" - "steps", they're doing stuff related to the issue - are you OK this morning?

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

"The mods have what in their hands?" - "this issue", aka the subject of this post, what else!

"And are taking what?" - "steps", they're doing stuff related to the issue - are you OK this morning?

He said goodnight to me after reading The Sun for security info.

10 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

When did this turn into a serious thread? 

18 hours ago, Justfine said:

What happened to the personal abuse theory you have?

Oops that went out the window.

Not necessarily. That's my take on the post, the poster can interpret it any way they like. If you want to dredge up a disagreement we had on another topic, I don't see why I can't return serve when warranted. Here's a thought - put me on your ignore list, I won't mind at all.

Edited by Lacessit