What foods / drinks do you feel you're "addicted" to?

Jingthing

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I have to put up with Liptons, usually because of availability / it's cheaper.

I agree it's not ideal - anyone know if Liptons is worse for you health / stomach wise?

I shouldn’t think that Lipton’s is detrimental to your health, after all, something that weak could hardly do you any harm !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not really addicted to daily food/drinks , except for coffee.

I need at least 3 cups of coffee , with some fresh milk in it .

I also need my daily slice of rye bread with cheese or whatever is available in my fridge

Then I just eat whatever I feel comfortable with , the daily fruit could be banana, papaya, apple, or whatever.  

Just trying to eat healthy , I am not a meat lover , but not 100% vegetarian , so something in between I guess .....

I think some of us have more tendencies to addictions than others. When I see an alcoholic or heroin addict, I sometimes wonder how I dodged that bullet. Addictions I think can be positive, negative, and also neutral. I'm addicted to regular (but nowhere near excessive) aerobic exercise. That's definitely a positive! 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Or you could be addicted to sex, I know some people in Pattaya who claim they need it daily.  

But this thread is about food and drinks so please carry on. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I find it a really discriminatory remark using the name of my country in such a way. I will inform the mods . :smile:

Yea I use Hershey's too, usually add it to a chocolate protein shake. 

I am not sure if there are any foods I am addicted too.. but if anything its chocolate (I just don't buy it often but now with Ikea selling good tablets of chocolate for only 33 baht (if you buy 3) its tempting. Drink wise id say mango juice.

So chocolate and mango juice.. but havent had it for a while now as I have cleaned up my diet. But if they were not bad id eat a lot of it.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Before someone else says it, yes, posting too much on Thaivisa is definitely an addiction ... and fair to categorize as negative.  :stoner:

If you have that problem, go fly a kite or something. :sorry: 

I post too much too its addictive

And I thought you did not speak much Thai JT.. I guess its true people only pick up the bad words. :smile:

The worst for me is ice-cream. Might have a nice meal of grilled chicken and vegetables but then I crave ice-cream.Even when I go down and work in the garden, I'll put a 100baht in my pocket just in case the Walls man comes past. Cakes, cookies etc I couldn't give a damn about; but ice-cream!!!

• Like 2

Coffee, definitely, preferably good stuff but Nescafe will suffice when nothing decent is available. If I have not had a cup by midday I start to feel a sore head coming on; instantly relieved by a cup of joe. A few years back I foolishly tried to cut it out by going cold turkey - after a couple of days of what felt like hell, I had to give up and go back to my old ways. 

• Like 1

I get frozen strawberries, blueberries and mango from makro and mix them up in a big Tupperware and keep them frozen. I make smoothies with 1.5 cups of that many times during the week adding cocoa or chocolate chips or a banana or protein powder or yogurt as I like. It's fast delicious filling satisfying and healthier than a lot of other options. 

• Like 1

I don't consider myself addicted to it, but I put chilli powder or chilli sauce on everything.

Breakfast this morning was wholewheat toast with butter and Thai honey, sprinkled with a little salt and lots of chilli powder.   Delicious!

• Like 1

Ice Coffee,

Iced Americano.

Mai sai nom mai sai namthaan.

Truly hooked. I used to get headaches if I did not drink coffee that went away. Felafel Kebab, hard to get here the Thai muzzies do a decent one in Galare market bazaar (Turkish management). Mysore Masala (Dosa King Suk 11 BKK), Turkey dinner on holidays. Linguine Vongole. Good pizza.

Gouda cheese (hooked!)

If I had to have one type of food forever it would be all things Japanese!

3 hours ago, elgenon said:

Brazil nuts have selenium. Best not to eat too many anyway. I also like them. Usually not many in a mixed nuts container.

Yes, I eat only one a day. Religiously. I don't know why exactly except they are delicious. I was visiting back in the USA years ago and bought a bag and just got hooked. A day without my one Brazil nut is like a day without my one Brazil nut. One Brazil nut a day keeps the witch doctor away.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Decent English Indian....tried hundreds here and almost all rubbish

That's because the real British Indian restaurant taste comes from years of experimentation with base gravies spices and high heat cooking techniques. The methods have exported all over the world but it seems only Brit chefs know how to get it just right. 

• Like 1