"Stop your kids thieving" Pattaya police chief tells parents

rooster59

"Stop your kids thieving" Pattaya police chief tells parents

22-23.jpg

Image: INN

Following a video widely viewed on social media the Pattaya police chief has issued stern advice for parents to look after their children.

The video showed a young boy thieving from a convenience store. 

Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch told parents to look after their children and warned that though the child is likely to get off with a warning they must heed the signs so that children don't develop into more serious criminals.

The boy was dealt with under articles related to theft committed by children over ten but not yet 15, said INN. 

He will appear in court in Chonburi and it is up to the court as to what happens next said Apichai.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-28
  • Like 1

Kids do have a mind of their own. Worked with a guy, in america, who was told by the judge, you have to ensure he goes to school. His answer was, what do you want me to do, I drive him to school he gets out of the car and goes into the building. I go to work and he goes out the back door. Needless to say when this kid became an adult charged with murder.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Better still prosecute parents for their children's crimes...

OK first offence they get a reprimand and reminded of there responsibilities, there after they get punished as if they committed the crime.

Let me guess, you don't have kids?

Maybe extend it to the whole family, like they do in North Korea; if someone in your family commits a crime the whole family gets arrested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

"Stop your officers taking bribes" citizens all over the country replied.

And herein is the problem, there are honest hard working police officers and they are lonely, I feel sorry for them because the public perception of them is the same as all the rest. 

14 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Let me guess, you don't have kids?

Maybe extend it to the whole family, like they do in North Korea; if someone in your family commits a crime the whole family gets arrested.

I agree. Due diligence on the part of the parent should not extend itself to criminal penalties should a child commit a crime or fail to attend school.

A functional system offers consequences to the offender.

• Like 1

Parents don't have eyes in the back of their heads and you can't strap them to your wrist all day, kids will kick the reigns occasionally, it's part of growing up. There have to be sensible repercussions for the child so that he feels it but nothing on record to ruin his or her future. Finning the parents won't do it, let the little devil be fined a certain amount that they then have to work off, collecting rubbish on the street eg, they have to deliver up so and so many kg per day at the police station for two or three weeks.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

The whole family would be too severe , just the parents and maybe the grandparents as well , it would be unfair to punish the cousins side of the family

• Haha 1