Trump calls on Democratic senator to resign after VA pick drops out

rooster59

Trump calls on Democratic senator to resign after VA pick drops out

800x800 (10).jpg

FILE PHOTO - Ronny Jackson, U.S. President Donald Trump's nominee to be U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs, meets with Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) at his office on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., April 17, 2018. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts/File Picture

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the top-ranking Democrat on the Senate Veteran's Affairs committee should resign after the President's pick to lead the Veterans Affairs department withdrew from consideration amid numerous allegations.

On Thursday, Trump's physician Ronny Jackson withdrew from consideration to head the department after allegations that he had been lax with prescription drugs and drank alcohol on the job.

Trump had already singled out Senator Jon Tester, the top-ranking Democrat on the Senate Veterans' Affairs committee, who is up for re-election in November in Montana.

"Allegations made by Senator Jon Tester against Admiral/Doctor Ron Jackson are proving false... Tester should resign," Trump tweeted on Saturday.

"Admiral Jackson is the kind of man that those in Montana would most respect and admire, and now, for no reason whatsoever, his reputation has been shattered. Not fair, Tester!," Trump added.

In a statement, Tester said he would "never stop fighting."

“It's my duty to make sure Montana veterans get what they need and have earned, and I'll never stop fighting for them as their Senator," Tester said.

Jackson is a U.S. Navy rear admiral who has been physician to three presidents and categorically denied the accusations as false.

Democrats said more than 20 people, whose names they withheld, said Jackson had prescribed himself medications, got drunk at a Secret Service party, wrecked a government vehicle and once could not be reached on a work trip to provide medical treatment because he was passed out drunk in a hotel room.

Tester had said Jackson's nickname was "the candyman" because of his willingness to hand out prescription drugs.

The White House said on Friday it had looked through records of motor vehicle incidents involving government vehicles and found only three that involved Jackson. None of the records noted alcohol use. Reuters also reviewed two years of audits of the White House medical unit pharmacy, which did not show any major issues.

Separately, the U.S. Secret Service said it had no records to back allegations that its personnel intervened to stop Jackson from disturbing former President Barack Obama during a foreign trip in 2015.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-04-29

6 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I see the clowns are out again just believing what they want to believe without any proof.

Which is why questions are asked and there is a vetting process.

Those same questions should have been asked already by the WH in private, and any problems should have been signaled already before the committee's vetting started.

• Thanks 2

Let's see if the Dems can bring these 20 anonymous people to tell there stories.

Until then it's all B.S. and just another smear tactic, which no doubt will come back to bite them in the A** at the next election. 

The populous is not a stupid as the Dems seem to think, and they are getting pretty fed up with what they are trying to do.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

Let's see if the Dems can bring these 20 anonymous people to tell there stories.

Until then it's all B.S. and just another smear tactic, which no doubt will come back to bite them in the A** at the next election. 

The populous is not a stupid as the Dems seem to think, and they are getting pretty fed up with what they are trying to do.

Too late, Jackson withdrew because he couldn't stand the heat-- so the stories about him must have had some merit. Besides these stories would never have gotten out if there weren't Republicans concerned about the nomination as well.  Jackson must look a bit like you with that ashen complexion of an alcoholic jacked up on the Provigil he was dispensing.  Did you see his report on the President's health--he was weird to say the least. Veterans didn't want him either so there is no need to blame anyone other than Trump and Jackson for the failed nomination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoBrainer said:

"getting pretty fed up"  

Yeah, lotta' that going around these days.

6 hours ago, Silurian said:

In order to "save face" the reality TV president is attacking anyone that is calling out his poor judgement in choosing someone not qualified for the position. The lack of any vetting of Dr. Jackson shows how little thought goes into any WH planning for personnel. The reality TV president was caught having made a bad choice and since he never admits to having made a mistake he lashes out at others so as not to face any embarrassment. It is typical childish behavior that one has come to expect from this immature character.

So your're ok with some senator making what appear to be totally false allegations and slandering someone's character for political purposes?

Providing the one doing it share your political views of course?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Which is why questions are asked and there is a vetting process.

Those same questions should have been asked already by the WH in private, and any problems should have been signaled already before the committee's vetting started.

And if the allegations all prove to be false, what process will deal with the senator who lied?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

There's also an IG report from 2012.  They should have discovered it by doing a simple google search.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ronny-jackson-trump-va-unprofessional-behavior-ig-report-2018-4

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And if the allegations all prove to be false, what process will deal with the senator who lied?

False allegations don't mean the senator lied.

Made up allegations by the senator would mean he lied, and if that were the case in my opinion he should resign. However I doubt that is the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He didn't make up anything.

It's "trump" that is always making up fake stuff.

It's just another one of his deflection shows.

He knows he picked a total turkey just because he likes the guy and the guy flatters him and now he can push the blame on others. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah nan na na na. You do not like me. You do not like my selection. Therefore I hate you. I will destroy you. I want you to lose your job. You make my life hard. I like my life to be easy. You are not nice. I hate you. I hate you. It does not matter if what you say is true. I despise truth. It gets in my way. I make up my own "truth". I create my own narrative. All of you are just supposed to believe it, and if you do not, I hate you.

And add:  I own this reality show, I told you before I had the biggest opening crowd ever recorded therefore it's true even if the official videos showed otherwise, and I own the camera, so I will say whatever I like, get it!

And don't forget, I'm the show owner, therefore I decide who joins my show and I decide, when I don't like you or you say things I don't want to hear, 'your fired'!

And I will twist the law to be what pleases me, get it!

Edited by scorecard

12 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Real doctors should be assigned to give Trump real physical and mental exams.  Today.

The drunk doctor, who did Trump's physical recently is not qualified (to do Trump's physical exam), not because he's a drunkard, but because he's an unabashed cheerleader for Trump.  He didn't even get Trump's height correctly calibrated - I jest not.  He tallied an extra 2 or so inches in height - in order for his heaviness to not officially qualify as obese. 

That wasn't the Doctors fault. Pres Trump was using an extra lot of hair lacquer to make his hair bigger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No way the Dems deliver proof. That would be very uncommon for them. As you said, just another smear campaign.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Sad 1