Indian man commits suicide jumping off 6th floor of a building in Bangkok’s Lat Yao district

webfact

Late-stage cancer cited as motive for 6th floor Bangkok suicide jump

By Khanathit Srihirandej 
The Nation

2e06720e99cef5d7e3d7d3127274e365.jpeg

A 45-year-old Indian man is believed to have committed suicide by jumping off a building in Bangkok’s Lat Yao district on Sunday due to stress over his colon cancer.

Following a report of a suicide jump at 6.40am, Pol Lieutenant Chakkrit Suwannawong of the Pahoyothin precinct led a team of forensic officers, rescue workers and a medical examiner to the scene at the Supalai Park condominium compound on Soi Paholyothin 21.

They found the body of Anil Narang in the garden behind the building where he lived with four other family members in a room on the sixth floor.

The relatives told police that the man had been under immense stress from late-stage colon cancer, which probably drove him to commit suicide. 

His room had no sign of struggle or of being ransacked, while a suicide note was found citing the serious ailment and stress as his motive. Police took the body for an autopsy. It will then be released for the family to host a funeral for Narang.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344240

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-30

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

More than a little, considerating how desperate and in dreadful pain this poor guy probably was and the grief and suffering his death will bring to his family.

Clearly this man did not need "assisted suicide" and would have benefited, as would so many others for whom life has become unbearable, from being able to obtain at an affordable price the means to make a painless and pleasurable exit from the world.

Surely Big Pharma has the ability and financial incentive to come up with an inexpensive Happy Pill which, with safeguards, could be made available to those of us who feel our lives have become a burden to ourselves and, even more importantly, our loved ones.

I think Digitas provides a valuable service

From their website:

In the case of medically diagnosed hopeless or incurable illnesses, unbearable pain or unendurable disabilities, DIGNITAS offers its members the option of an accompanied suicide. DIGNITAS procures the necessary medication for this, a lethal, fast-acting and completely painless barbiturate which is dissolved in ordinary drinking water. After taking it the patient falls asleep within a few minutes, after which sleep passes peacefully and completely painlessly into death.

I wish those  seriously contemplating suicide would consider  such a service before attempting a painful and potentially unsuccessful method.

http://www.dignitas.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&lang=en

• Like 1

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I think Digitas provides a valuable service

From their website:

In the case of medically diagnosed hopeless or incurable illnesses, unbearable pain or unendurable disabilities, DIGNITAS offers its members the option of an accompanied suicide. DIGNITAS procures the necessary medication for this, a lethal, fast-acting and completely painless barbiturate which is dissolved in ordinary drinking water. After taking it the patient falls asleep within a few minutes, after which sleep passes peacefully and completely painlessly into death.

I wish those  seriously contemplating suicide would consider  such a service before attempting a painful and potentially unsuccessful method.

http://www.dignitas.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&lang=en

Yeah, but. . . very pricey and a gruelling journey from here if you are on your last legs. Good to put the details out there, though. I gather The Netherlands also has similar facilities.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but. . . very pricey and a gruelling journey from here if you are on your last legs. Good to put the details out there, though. I gather The Netherlands also has similar facilities.

I don't have any information  about availability in  the Netherlands but I'd hope it's available  in such an enlightened country.

When I think about your post I can't help  but find the absurdity in thinking about how  there is an expensive  aspect  to dying.        It should be readily available to  anyone who is of sound mind and perhaps has to have a reasonable  "waiting period"     I'd  say  that  should be the only requirements. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AsiaHand said:

If you can't go through life with a bit of humor you should stay curled up in your room.

There's' witty humor and sick humor, in this case where a man took his own life, your comment, most would agree,  falls into the latter.