Do you have a shed ?

superal

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I have all the tools and machines that I took from the UK to South Africa, and now to LoS.
I'd be lost without them, but you have so much stuff, you must be building your own bikes/pipe cars/megatrucks!!!

Quick question thaiguzzi.did u have any trouble bringing in 2 containers full of tools, i am just about to send  1 from oz full of tools &  plant machinery, some household goods, sending in wife's name . just wanting to know what to expect at customs. and cost to bring in to Thailand. thanks.

1 hour ago, agrow said:

Quick question thaiguzzi.did u have any trouble bringing in 2 containers full of tools, i am just about to send  1 from oz full of tools &  plant machinery, some household goods, sending in wife's name . just wanting to know what to expect at customs. and cost to bring in to Thailand. thanks.

No probs whatsoever. Both containers were owned by me, ie not hired, shipped and insured in my name. Everything was listed and priced at insured values inc lathe, tools, Snap On tool boxes and contents, household goods etc etc. Everything listed EXCEPT anything to do with motorcycles or m/c parts. As recommended by my BKK shipper which was a mistake in hindsight.  Customs duty was a very reasonable 70k. This was in either 2005 or 2007.

Shipping door to door inc delivery to me up here in the boondocks was $1500 per container from the UK.