Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo in Bangkok

webfact

4 minutes ago, Voodoochile said:

In todays society as soon as you dislike or do not agree with this or that sort of person You are labeled a biggot or à rascist, what is this world coming to. who are these people who tell us who we must accept or like. 

I hâte the hypocracy of these people who have nothing against homosexuality but if there child was homo they Would be destroyed the same people that are pro refugees but let them sleep in the street rather than bringing them into the comfortable of there own homes.

to like/dislike, hate or love someone is all about prefence and preference is human there is nothing wrong with hating someone or à comunity for what they do as long as you do Not physically harm them. 

liberalism is a cancer.

Don’t give them the time of day (I don’t), they are not worth the effort.

• Like 1

M

36 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Like i said......

"Also there are obviously a lot of Racists, Sexists Bigots and Liars on this forum.

If you go down "Beach Road" in Lamai after 2:00pm when the "Lady Bars" close you will see 20 plus

Transgenders. Ladyboys, Katooeys, whatever you want to call them plying their trade over much less

than a mile.

I cannot stand the Hypocrisy of "Ladyboy Haters" who then go for a "Short Time" or a BJ, but would never admit to it."

Have you ever been with a Transgender either for social or sexual intercourse?

Can't wait for your answer xxxxx:smile:

Embrassing everything and everyone in the name of openmidedness is dangerous and Just plain stupid..

7 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Where, one wonders, will it all end?

The suspcious falls from balconies? As long as the thai police do nothing it is an easy disguise for  Murder -----

OH you were deflecting  with ladyboy, transgender PC blather, - carry on   :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

...I know Kathoey people do not have full equality under Thai law, but Wikipedia points out that they "are more visible and more accepted in Thai  culture than trans people are in other countries in the world". ...

40+ years ago in Loei, there was an annual parade.  There was a contingent of Kathoey  all dressed in traditional Thai women's outfits dancing down the street.  They got razzed a bit, but it wasn't a big deal.  Both sides seemed to be smiling about it.  One used to hang out all the time near a movie theater.  Had a face only a mother could love.  No big deal.

When has a Thai ever been charged for pushing someone off the balcony? .. never! Because there are never real investigations! Only time is when there is huge publicity outside of the country and then the incompetence or even worse is exposed!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

19 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm 6' 1" and I've never seen a balcony railing in Bangkok that was at waist height on me, they are always at least up to my stomach.  

I'd love to see photographic evidence of all these super low railings people keep claiming to see.

I'm 6'2" and we stayed at the Grand President, an older luxury hotel that had seen better days located off Sukhumvit. I walked out on the balcony after we checked in and almost fell over the railing. It came up to my thighs, it was made for midgets 

The newer hotels have higher railings on the balconies, the older hotels are lower. 

I usually stay at  newer places but I've still seen quite a few hotels here with low railings that will flip you right over if you lean against them. .  

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

No one has called homosexuals faggots, filthy queers etc, but all kinds of derogatory labels have been attached to those who dare to challenge the new pseudoscientific orthodoxy.

No one? :stoner:

3 hours ago, lucifer666 said:

Once stayed in a BKK hotel where the balcony wall was only around knee high. I wouldn't go out there after a few beers

I don't believe you.   There is no way a hotel in Bangkok would have balconies off of their rooms with a knee high wall.   

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I don't believe you.   There is no way a hotel in Bangkok would have balconies off of their rooms with a knee high wall.   

You should know better than to post a challenge like that. I will go one better. Here's a beautiful Thai serviced apartment building with an exterior fire escape. What do you see? No guard rails. When people flee a fire, they will easily fall over as people push and panic.  

It is therefore quite believable that balcony  railings are inadequate. I have seen multiple pictures of the balconies of this building. In this case, they appear to be waist high, albeit not sturdy.  They would make it difficult to toss over a body, no matter how strong  the assailant might be. 

I believe the poor kid, panicked once he realized he was with an elderly transexual. He did what came naturally to kids of that age and that was to hightail it out of there. Unfortunately he wasn't in a position to think straight, either very drunk or perhaps drugged. He misjudged and plunged to his death.  When I was younger I too made some bad choices with pickups that I had to escape. All of my friends have a story or two of such women. I feel for this kid and wish  his friends had looked out for him.

Fire escape, No Guard Rail.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

You should know better than to post a challenge like that. I will go one better. Here's a beautiful Thai serviced apartment building with an exterior fire escape. What do you see? No guard rails. When people flee a fire, they will easily fall over as people push and panic.  

It is therefore quite believable that balcony  railings are inadequate. I have seen multiple pictures of the balconies of this building. In this case, they appear to be waist high, albeit not sturdy.  They would make it difficult to toss over a body, no matter how strong  the assailant might be. 

I believe the poor kid, panicked once he realized he was with an elderly transexual. He did what came naturally to kids of that age and that was to hightail it out of there. Unfortunately he wasn't in a position to think straight, either very drunk or perhaps drugged. He misjudged and plunged to his death.  When I was younger I too made some bad choices with pickups that I had to escape. All of my friends have a story or two of such women. I feel for this kid and wish  his friends had looked out for him.

Fire escape, No Guard Rail.JPG

If that would be true, a 21 year old should be able to fight a 37 year old in or without skirt. Or at least run to the door and not to the window/balcony.

Sorry, but a few things just don't add up. 

Edited by jenny2017

26 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

If that would be true, a 21 year old should be able to fight a 37 year old in or without skirt. Or at least run to the door and not to the window/balcony.

Sorry, but a few things just don't add up. 

Most kids do not want a confrontation. I can see how someone totally blotto might be confused as to the floor he was on or could misjudge a distance. It was the 5th floor; high enough to kill but not high enough to discourage a leap of faith if one was seriously inebriated.  My friend fell off a roof one night as he was trying to get closer to the stars. Another guy nearly fell out of a 10th floor dorm room  window when I was in university. He was so drunk he smacked his head through the window and fell over. His roomie was there to pull him back in. Young men can do things  older folks do not understand.

It would help if there was some blood chemistry to show the drugs in his system, specifically the amount of alcohol. (And yes, in pharmacology alcohol is considered a drug.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Most kids do not want a confrontation. I can see how someone totally blotto might be confused as to the floor he was on or could misjudge a distance. It was the 5th floor; high enough to kill but not high enough to discourage a leap of faith if one was seriously inebriated.  My friend fell off a roof one night as he was trying to get closer to the stars. Another guy nearly fell out of a 10th floor dorm room  window when I was in university. He was so drunk he smacked his head through the window and fell over. His roomie was there to pull him back in. Young men can do things  older folks do not understand.

It would help if there was some blood chemistry to show the drugs in his system, specifically the amount of alcohol. (And yes, in pharmacology alcohol is considered a drug.)

I'm wondering what ladyman gained out of it?

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Whilst presumptious, it would invariably be correct.

I was also informed that they control the prisons.

Informed by who? That is just not true.

If you think about it logically, there are not enough Katoeys/Ladyboys incarcerated to ' control ' anything.

They are segregated into cells where they also put the ' older foreigners ' and elderly Thais with ailments and vulnerable Thais to make up the numbers. They hang around in pop up tents at the weekends selling their ' sexual services ' around the prison yards.

I wouldn't really class that as controlling the prisons. They also perform duties such as laundry etc for other prisoners in return for food and cigarettes. The life is one of existing and escaping the boredom. They stick together in groups the same as other minorities do, which may look like there are more of them than they actually are.

Edited by Scouse123

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Milo does not represent gay people. He's a notorious self-admitted TROLL.

Also, sexual orientation and gender identification are NOT the same thing. The vast majority of gay people identify as their birth gender.

As far as the science of the possible biological etiology of homosexuality, research is ongoing and far from conclusive. Too big a subject for a mysterious death case I think! 

I didn't say Milos represented anything, other than himself. He may, of course, be atypical. At least he doesn't take himself as seriously as some of the self-appointed activists pushing the LBGTQIA. . . WXYZ political/idealogical agenda.

I agree with your remarks about research into the cause or causes of homosexuality. Whatever these may be, being gay has nothing to do with gender. identity. It is a sexual orientation, as is being lesbian or bisexual, etc.

The word transgender (before it was invented, people whose sex and gender identities were incongruous were called trans-sexua)  has become a blanket term for these and many other variations on the norm - Facebook, I gather, lists over 70 - which have always been part of our binary spectrum of sexuality. 

Dragging gays and other minorities under the transgender umbrella and winning financial support from the likes of George Soros and Silicon Valley, has enabled the trans movement's to gain critical mass and persuade governments to initiate equality laws and public policy changes which otherwise might never have been achieved.

Whether the "transgender revolution" will ultimately prove to be in the best interest of the majority, as well as the tiny minority of citizens it is intended to benefit, only time will tell. Elon Musk is convinced we need to become a race of trans humans or end up being taken over by intelligent robots.

Interesting times ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orchis said:

I often wondered why the balcony railings are so low here in so many places, like reaching only half-thigh.

Because they only thought about the height of Asians when they built them.

You ever used the Thai urinals before they finally grasped it that we are much taller and made the new ones higher?

If ever I die in a tall building or hotel in Bangkok by going over the balcony, I can assure you, it will be due to nefarious means.

I hate heights, I don't go on balconies. That's why I joined the Navy and not the Air Force and I take no chances, I built and live in a bungalow in Thailand.

• Haha 1

Yes the balconies are too darned low! I live with one myself and I always feel a little nervous being on the balcony. Like what if a big bird flew at me and I dodged it in the wrong way.

In any case I think this topic has revealed that height of the victim is an important consideration when investigating mysterious balcony fall deaths. Also of course the height of the balcony.

Was this guy tall?

Just clues of course but if a victim is tall and a balcony low it would increase the chances of accidents.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes the balconies are too darned low! I live with one myself and I always feel a little nervous being on the balcony. Like what if a big bird flew at me and I dodged it in the wrong way.

In any case I think this topic has revealed that height of the victim is an important consideration when investigating mysterious balcony fall deaths. Also of course the height of the balcony.

Was this guy tall?

Just clues of course but if a victim is tall and a balcony low it would increase the chances of accidents.

He was Dutch and they are typically quite tall.   

Do birds often come flying at you?  

Can you measure your balcony height (and show a photo to prove the height)?   I'd love to see one of these so called 'low balcony railings' 

Edited by seancbk

He was Dutch and they are typically quite tall.   

Do birds often come flying at you?  

Can you measure your balcony height (and show a photo to prove the height)?   I'd love to see one of these so called 'low balcony railings' 

I didn't say my own balcony is super low. But it is low enough that I think it should be higher.

Birds? No not often attacking. But once might be enough. I just mentioned birds because freakish things causing accidents can happen and people have automatic body responses to external stresses. Another example - - bees.

• Like 2

I didn't say my own balcony is super low. But it is low enough that I think it should be higher.

Birds? No not often attacking. But once might be enough. I just mentioned birds because freakish things causing accidents can happen and people have automatic body responses to external stresses. Another example - - bees.

People are claiming they have seen high-end hotel balconies with knee-high barriers.

I have seen some barriers that could be higher, but I have never seen knee-high barriers, have you?

Personally, given the number of balconies and the number of drunks, I’m surprised more don’t get it.

Thinking about it, if the balconies were that dangerous, you would think more kids would get it...

Just now, mogandave said:

People are claiming they have seen high-end hotel balconies with knee-high barriers.

I have seen some barriers that could be higher, but I have never seen knee-high barriers, have you?

Personally, given the number of balconies and the number of drunks, I’m surprised more don’t get it.

Thinking about it, if the balconies were that dangerous, you would think more kids would get it...

I don't recall seeing a knee-high one, no. I'm on the shorter side for a westerner so closer to Thai specs.

16 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I found a Thai Ministerial Order governing the building codes for a Nursery (for kids).   The law specifies the height of windows, balcony railings, stair rails etc.   

Here are some details :-   

21 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I found a Thai Ministerial Order governing the building codes for a Nursery (for kids).   The law specifies the height of windows, balcony railings, stair rails etc.   

Here are some details :-   

The height from the floor to the border of the window shall not be less than 80 centimetres

Every stair shall have handrail and bar with height no less than 1.20 metres and have short rail
suitable for children to help them go up the stairs. 

The distance of the bar shall not be more than 15 centimetres, and the landings of the stairs in each interval shall not be less
than the width of the stairs. 

If the building has the balcony, the height of the border of the balcony shall not be less than 100 centimetres. The width of the balcony shall not be less than 1.50 metres. If there is a bench, the balcony shall have the width not less than 1.75 metres with the height of the border of the balcony not less than 70 centimetres. 

Edited by seancbk