Tourist police arrest Thai man posing as cop who stole from Indian visitor

snoop1130

Tourist police arrest Thai man posing as cop who stole from Indian visitor

1-_180501_0027-1024x682.jpg

The Tourist Police Bureau announced the arrest Tuesday of a 39 year old Thai con artist and thief who posed as a cop to rob an Indian tourist near his hotel in Bang Plee, south east of Bangkok.

Indian national Thajudheen Poovancheeri had gone to the police at Suvarnabhumi Airport after he was robbed of cash, credit cards and an iPhone.

A Thai man dressed as a policeman had approached him opposite the Grand Inn Come Hotel and demanded to see his passport. He had then stolen his possessions.

The tourist police were soon on the case and after liaising with both Bang Kaew police and counterparts in Bang Na they soon had career criminal Sommat Bunyen in custody.

1-_180501_0007-1-1024x682.jpg

Taken into evidence was a fake uniform, the loot, a gun and ammunition and the vehicle that was used in pursuance of the crime. 

Sommat admitted everything and had many previous offences of a similar nature against him.

Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal - deputy commissioner of the TPB known as "Big Joke" in the media  - was on hand at Bang Kaew police station on Tuesday when the victim thanked him with a presentation of flowers for the quick recovery of his property and arrest of the suspect.

Source: https://touristpolice.go.th/2018/05/01/แถลงข่าวจับกุมผู้ต้องห-2/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-5-1
  • Like 1

Impersonating police is the job description of thai police i thought. 

Still waiting now after calling the police 3days ago to come and get tresspassers off our property that i finally decided to push for charges but like usual i had to do it myself and punched one of the guys on the way out. Perhaps when someone complains that i hit a criminal the fake police will come out. Usless peices of sht.

Why doesnt big joke go after lazy bib that are on the payroll. These pricks cause more damage than a so called legitimate fake cop. My family arent gun people but we all now carry guns. Thanks bib for making thailand a safe warm fuzzy place to bring up kids!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Don't,   see what's the big deal.

I see many Thai men impersonating police officers every day. :giggle:

Agree. I can buy a complete 'Thai Police'  uniform from a market, just down the road.  Lights and all!

13 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Let you who haveth never been scorn by the greed of thou sinful rapist of monies feel the full rath of the rotten law.expatthailover explains it all...we call it yellow fever.ps have you applied for citizenship yet you sad person.

Ironic user name

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GBW said:

Agree. I can buy a complete 'Thai Police'  uniform from a market, just down the road.  Lights and all!

You can then go around paraphrasing Eddie Murphy in 48 Hours:

'I'm you're worst nightmare, a farang with a badge!"

On 01/05/2018 at 8:21 PM, snoop1130 said:

the victim thanked him with a presentation of flowers for the quick recovery of his property and arrest of the suspect.

What's with the flowers? Is that necessary or it has been rehearsed?

On 5/2/2018 at 12:12 AM, sammieuk1 said:

He should fit right into the job with no training and the guy in the white shirt is having is pocket picked live in front of a room full of cops amazing Thailand.

That was very funny. Thanks