Not Sure If This Is The Right Placefor This Topic

pepsi666

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread (I hope a Mod will direct it to the right place though, if not)

I'm not married to a Thai, but I am married, I am hoping to retire to LOS in a year or so, I'm over there in a month or so,

If possible is there any chance I could meet up with anyone who is living over there (LOS) who isnt married to a Thai, but has retired over there (I know it really helps if you are married to a Thai, but the wife wont let me)

I'd just like to find out if its possible, and have a chat of the advantages and pitfalls. :D

I have an idea of some of the pitfalls (visa, renting, banking) I'd just like to ask how they are doing it and getting on

If anyone can either post here or PM, it really would be appreciated, :o

I did have a few other people in here who I was in contact with but they have fallen off the map for a time

I have been posting here for a time now, about this subject (and others) but the time is getting nearer, so I think it time to actually start doing something about it

Join in the chat room and talk there.

next suggestion where do you hope to live and post in that forum.

Chat ? there's a chat room ?

Was hoping to live in Pattaya, but open to suggestions (I like Pattaya, even with its few problems)

Married to a non-thai eh?

How long do you intend to stay in Thailand, or married for that matter?

had this one for 35 years now, hardly seems worth breaking in a new one, and how long I stay in Thailand depends on my missus, money, and how long I live I suppose :o

had this one for 35 years now, hardly seems worth breaking in a new one, and how long I stay in Thailand depends on my missus, money, and how long I live I suppose :o

Both of those depend of course on how often the wife catches you at the "public library" on soi 6 !! :D

I'm not married (knock on wood), nor retired (yet). I've still got a few years to go before I'm even eligible for the retirement visa.

I am preparing for the day though. Part of those preparations involve numerous reconnaissance trips to various places (not all of which are on Walking Street believe it or not) :D

There's more to relocation than just the cost of living in a new place, especially when it involves a foreign country. You've got to take into account the climate, culture, infrastructure, healthcare and so on.

I'm sure you'll be able to settle in here fairly easily. I think one of the things people have the hardest time getting a grip on, is the fact that this is not (insert home country here). Too often you hear stuff like "Well. That's not the way we do it back in (insert home country here) !"

Or other gems like "Why can't you people do/act/be like proper (insert home country here) ?"

You gotta keep it mind that this is Thailand. It isn't (insert home country here) and you are going to find things can be quite different here.

You already know most of this though from having been on this forum for awhile. Just like you know there is a plethora of people (well, one or two maybe) you can draw on for help/guidance (especially if free beer is involved !!). :D

IMO, the hardist thing to do, is not to drink to much.

People spend all day proping up the bar, and one day they die of it.

IMO, the hardist thing to do, is not to drink to much.

People spend all day proping up the bar, and one day they die of it.

Abso-bluddy-lutely. Head - you - the - hit - nail - have - the - on.

Anybody living in Pattaya, and anyplace else for that matter, who isn't working must have a hobby, pastime, or recreational persuit or all three to avoid the demon boredom.

Otherwise it can quickly go down hill from a couple of beers with lunch to "what the hel_l did I do yesterday aside from drink beer?" :D