What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

A new comedy series Brooklyn Nine Nine has just started this week. American, runs for 22 minutes an episode.

First episode was promising with some genuine laughs. See how it pans out after four or five episodes but it has some promise. Too early for a BookMan rating out of 10 tongue.png

I am a fan of the prison doco style series. Also aIrport security style ones. Can't remember if i mentioned this series, which IMO is one of the better ones.

Lockup

Lockup is a prison documentary series, produced by 44 Blue Productions, which airs on MSNBC. The Lockupfranchise also includes Lockup: Raw, Lockup: World Tour, Lockup: Extended Stay, Lockup: Special Investigation, and Life After Lockup.

Lockup (and the other series in the franchise) explore prison facilities throughout the US, profiling notable inmates, incidents, and prison operations. A typical episode usually follows one or two inmates as they attend disciplinary hearings, receive visits from family, and interact with other inmates. In some episodes, inmates are provided with personal video cameras ("inmate cams") to use in their cells for recording their though. From WIki Article Here

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27118605/

Speaking of a prison theme, have you seen Oz?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118421/?ref_=nv_sr_4

Not a documentary but it's absolutely brutal. It ran for

6 series and is a real good watch if you're into the prison genre.

I'd give it an 8.

• Like 1

A new drama has started this week... The Black List (which could be my answer to Burn Notice withdrawls tongue.png) stars James Spader so could be funny as well - looks a bit like if the TV series "Hannibal" had Will Graham as the "bad guy"

Ray Donovan finished up last for the season last night, call me soft, but I like how it finished its first season. Look forward to it returning next year.

NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles starts up their respective new seasons tonight. This will be Ziva David's last season as well - which is a bit of a downer - unless they replace her with someone equally as, or hotter than Ziva tongue.png NCIS Los Angeles this season I can see a bit more of a focus on Kensy and Deeks. It looks as though there's an NCIS TV movie spinoff as well, which looks to focus on the NCIS Team that was included late in the last season.

Boardwalk Empire: It's more of the same really, but I'll watch it to pass the time.

Sons of Anarchy: Heating up and not too sure where this season will take us.

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

A new drama has started this week... The Black List (which could be my answer to Burn Notice withdrawls tongue.png) stars James Spader so could be funny as well - looks a bit like if the TV series "Hannibal" had Will Graham as the "bad guy"

Ray Donovan finished up last for the season last night, call me soft, but I like how it finished its first season. Look forward to it returning next year.

NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles starts up their respective new seasons tonight. This will be Ziva David's last season as well - which is a bit of a downer - unless they replace her with someone equally as, or hotter than Ziva tongue.png NCIS Los Angeles this season I can see a bit more of a focus on Kensy and Deeks. It looks as though there's an NCIS TV movie spinoff as well, which looks to focus on the NCIS Team that was included late in the last season.

Boardwalk Empire: It's more of the same really, but I'll watch it to pass the time.

Sons of Anarchy: Heating up and not too sure where this season will take us.

Looking forward to Blacklist.

Just near the end of Suits , season 2

The Family. This is a mafia boss turned informer on the run avoiding mafia hitmen comedy. There are some funny moments, but the killing of many an innocent seems to be part of the storyline and doesn't quite work for me. Mindless entertainment with a few chuckles. 5/10 from me. (gets an extra point for Dianna Agron) Storyline from IMDB

A mafia boss and his family are relocated to a sleepy town in France under the witness protection program after snitching on the mob. Despite the best efforts of CIA Agent Stansfield (Tommy Lee Jones) to keep them in line, Fred Manzoni Robert De Niro, his wife Maggie Michelle Pfeifer and their children Belle and Warren can't help but revert to old habits and blow their cover by handling their problems the "family" way, enabling their former mafia cronies to track them down.

post-147205-0-04186900-1380077353_thumb.

Looking forward to Blacklist.

Just near the end of Suits , season 2

BM, you really need to put in a marathon effort, Suits is already at episode 11 for Season 3 tongue.png

Some good twists for the start of Season 3.. Very nice to see more of Abigail Spencer.

post-147205-0-41514500-1380078246_thumb.

• Like 1

Just watched the first episode of Louie season 3.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I really liked the first 2 seasons and this one looks very funny as well.

My only complaint is that I wish there was a bit more stand up. The shows

are only about 20 odd minutes long with a bit of stand up at the beginning and end.

I really like this one.

All these great series are starting again! Ahhhh it's the time of year again where I'm not hunting around for something to watch hahaha

Elementary: Starts its second season :) I mainly started watching it for Lucy Liu (still makes me go weak hahaha) but no, 1st season was great and really looking forward to what happens next.

Family Guy: You really can't not like this show, well you can, but then you have no sense of humor :P

Two & a Half Men: Now, I'm not a huge fan of this show without Charlie Sheen and until they decide to bring him back my judgement will remain clouded about this show, it's ok and yeah it's still pretty funny but Jake is annoying and dumb as fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook

Law & Order - SVU: Kicked off earlier today, so it's in the "to watch" folder.

Anger Management: Continues it's 2nd season I think at episode 36 tomorrow, overall it's fairly Charlie Sheen so I watch it for the laughs and that hot indian chick with anger issues, I mean Sonia DeWulf and Selma Blair although she hasn't aged so well, she's still a bit of alright ;)

NCIS: Is going to be one interesting season.

NCIS Los Angeles: Not sure what's going to go on here, but I'm liking it... Except Agent Hanna's wife, I don't really like her that much. Hahah

Chicago Fire: I'll have to watch again, by the time I got home last night from being out for dinner and drinks, I watched NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles and I passed out before finishing it.

Elementary: Starts its second season smile.png I mainly started watching it for Lucy Liu (still makes me go weak hahaha) but no, 1st season was great and really looking forward to what happens next.

Nice update GS.

Have you seen the English version, Sherlock? there has been 2 series, 3 episodes each series. Series 3 due soon!

Downton Abbey - down load it, my mum said there was ads every ten minutes. It was a great episode. I watched it at 6 in the morn.

Dexter - last episode ever, what a <deleted> let down. After eight seasons they could have got it a bit righter.

Hannibal - if you've never seen this series - give it a go, great actors and creepy.

Top of the Lake - Spooky New Zealand crime series. Beautiful scenerie, bad story line, great actors (Peter Mullen, Holly Hunter)

That's for the series.

Films.

The Family - Robert de Niro grabbed my viewing pleasure - crap movie i shall go back to Meet the Parents

The Frozen Ground - Well, what can i say. The bestest movie i have seen this year.

Hangover Three - sad, so hiped up and blew it.

Meet the Millers - this one was dissed from the start, I loved it and actually a belly laugh came out of Patsy's tummy a couple of times-

Signing off,

By the way Ray Donovan is cute.... and a good series too.

• Like 1

To go back to Downton Abbey, it never caught my eye (i like blood and guts aka CSI. Criminal Minds etc) but i downloaded all three series of Downton Abbey, Back to back.

Jeez, i was hooked. Just had time to eat, shower, etc. until the next episode.

If you haven't had the viewing pleasure of Downton Abbey - try it now, you will love it!!

@Patsycat, yeah I agree Dexter ended weird and unsatisfying, but then I suppose all the great ones do too if you remember the Sopranos ending, etc.. @ Shaksey, I agree Downton is one of those you either love or hate. I love it, but it is not for everyone's taste. As far as historical accuracy, do any of us watch these dramas for that? I do think by killing off Matthew Crawley they have taken perhaps the most riveting character out of the picture. He was the one who was shaking up (a little bit) the whole aristocratic formula and bringing it into the future.

@Patsycat, yeah I agree Dexter ended weird and unsatisfying, but then I suppose all the great ones do too if you remember the Sopranos ending, etc..

I was complaining about this to a buddy and he brought up Six Feet Under as one of the few that ended well.

I thought the Sopranos had a fantastic ending.

Still unsure whether the guy in the diner at the end was a hitman or not.

Anyone watched The Tudors? UK series that started in 2007, I can't stop watching it now.About the life and wives of Henry V111.The Duke of Suffolk went on to be the latest Superman. Some amazing performances

I am really surprised Jonathan Rhys Meyers has not done much since

httpwww.imdb.com/title/tt0758790/

• Like 1

Anyone watched The Tudors? UK series that started in 2007, I can't stop watching it now.About the life and wives of Henry V111.The Duke of Suffolk went on to be the latest Superman. Some amazing performances

I am really surprised Jonathan Rhys Meyers has not done much since

httpwww.imdb.com/title/tt0758790/

I haven't see the Tudors myself but I have heard good things about the series.

There is a series on now, The White Queen, that might interest you

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2372220/