What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

12 hours ago, JB300 said:

Just watched it & found it a bit disappointing, not bad as such, just was hoping for more (was a big fan of Strike Back).

Will watch the next episode in the hope it gets more interesting now the groundwork has been set

IMHO Worth a watch & an episode or 2 more but the jury is still out.

Yep, I was expecting it to be a little slow in the first episode, getting the characters in place and the story line in the open. Agree that the second episode will be the true indicator.

Still think it will be a good one!

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 8:39 AM, giddyup said:

Taboo will have to improve if it's going to hold my interest. OK, it's nicely filmed and has some good actors, but the story line is a total dog's breakfast.

I'm halfway through SHOOTER which too is let down badly by a failing storyline.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4181172/ 

Edited by evadgib

On 1/14/2017 at 8:36 AM, Will27 said:

I, Daniel Blake.

Another fine movie from Ken Loach.

IMDB: A middle aged carpenter who requires state welfare after injuring himself, is joined by a single mother in a similar scenario.

Very moving. On par with Yosser Hughes in boys from the black stuff cira 1982.

Edited by evadgib

On 1/12/2017 at 10:07 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Martin Clunes: Islands of Australia

Three-part documentary series in which Martin Clunes explores Australia's many islands. Martin encounters rare wildlife, discovers unique cultures and sees how pearls are formed.

1484233658020.jpg

He didn't need the paddle :)

Hannibal S1E01... was flicking through TV Shows on Exodus & struck me that I never really got into the TV series (despite being a massive fan of the books & thought the 1st 2 movies were excellent) because I probably only caught 1 in 3-4 words that Mads Mikkelsen spoke (take back everything I said about Hopkins).

So I'm going back to the start & watching them all, with Subtitles [emoji106]

On 1/16/2017 at 5:03 AM, JB300 said:

Guys, you got it all wrong!!!

You simply have to watch every minute of OA or...

... I'll be the only one who's wasted 8 hours of their life.

(Fortunately I tend to only have these kind of programs on in the background whilst I'm busy doing something else).

If it had Stephen King in the credits I would summed it up as being a-typical well past his best self indulgence stuff .

And the ending was just pathetic... almost like they realised the original script writer was never going to finish so changed with 20 minutes to go...

[actually embarrassed I watched it all the way through but it was either that or drink the Liptons]

I slogged through OA. There were moments that I thought I liked it, then I was totally baffled by it. It was a confusing mix of Scifi and spirituality.

The end was totally bizarre, that left me with the empty feeling of a cheap Chinese take out meal.

I liked the nice production values, the script, not so much

• Like 1

Just now, JB300 said:

Seriously emoji15.png

You must be American (there are tribes in the deepest darkest amazon forest who know who Bobby Moore is emoji15.png)

I just did a google search so now I know, but honestly I had never heard that name before.

Yep  I'm a 'mericn

• Like 2

I just did a google search so now I know, but honestly I had never heard that name before.

Yep  I'm a 'mericn

Lol, I thought as much, obviously he's a hero to us Brits (even more so to me as a life long Man Utd fan)

Please don't mention the "S" word... Football (the beautiful game) is played with the Feet [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Edit: You do know who Pele is yes? Bobby taught him everything he knew, except Pele could never get used to heading the ball (joking, Pele was a Joy to watch, I understand why people like to watch ballet watching players like Pele playing Football)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Lol, I thought as much, obviously he's a hero to us Brits (even more so to me as a life long Man Utd fan)

Please don't mention the "S" word... Football (the beautiful game) is played with the Feet emoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1303.png

Edit: You do know who Pele is yes? Bobby taught him everything he knew, except Pele could never get used to heading the ball (joking, Pele was a Joy to watch, I understand why people like to watch ballet watching players like Pele playing Football)

Well now I'm all wiki'd up, is he a hero to you 'Brits', or you 'English'?

Now I'm a wiki expert lol

• Like 1

Well now I'm all wiki'd up, is he a hero to you 'Brits', or you 'English'?

Now I'm a wiki expert lol

Hopefully I've helped you out so maybe you can return the favour...

Who's that Babe Ruth guy who changed his name to be the same as the "Candy Bar"?

Something to do with playing Rounders (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounders) or some such...

I did hear that he played in the "World Series" but am struggling to find any reference to my or 190 other countries taking part...

Lol... shall we just leave it as let's not try to make fun of each other's sporting legends [emoji1303] [emoji1303]

Anyone here suddenly gets a blast of adds from Lazarda or Thai useless stuff when clicking on a movie/TV show My add blocks don't seem to catch Thai ones ,just anyone's not Thai,will a VPN stop them.?.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, be careful virus. Had to install Norton antivirus software to clean my smart phone.

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:48 AM, JHolmesJr said:

Absolute treasure trove of series piling up….Fauda, Bureau, Estocolmo, Le Passager….no time to watch them all.

Just got stuck into a new Scandi Crime Series….Acquitted (Frikjent)….It's fm Norway. Plot not as riveting as other scandi greats but the locations they filmed it in are bloody amazing. Sno hasn't got hjis paws on this one yet but its on the torrents….Im streaming it off the All4 app with perfect hardcoded subs.

Series 1 available for download with subs on TPB.

7 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Anyone here suddenly gets a blast of adds from Lazarda or Thai useless stuff when clicking on a movie/TV show My add blocks don't seem to catch Thai ones ,just anyone's not Thai,will a VPN stop them.?.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

i'm using ABP and popup blocker pro, get very few adds or pop ups

I'm Canadian. I know who Bobby Orr is. Is that close enough?

Lol, you're Canuk so all is forgiven [emoji4]

Seriously, are Canadians really the nicest people on the planet because I'm yet to meet 1 that I didn't like [emoji106]

• Like 1