What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 24/04/2017 at 11:36 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Veep and Silicon Valley are strong out of the gate too.

Any of you guys using Terrarium TV?…best android streaming app ever.

Have been using it for many months now. Best app I have on my box.

Love the fact that you can get subtitles for most shows in English and other languages.

Plus the YouTube trailers.

8 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Have been using it for many months now. Best app I have on my box.

Love the fact that you can get subtitles for most shows in English and other languages.

Plus the YouTube trailers.

What box is that?

5 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

I think Line Of Duty is the best thing on these days. Really riveting. 

Billions, quite good. Me, I don't like the androgynous character, brilliant of course, stuck in for "diversity." Better Call Saul--well, hope it's working towards something interesting. Probably wouldn't watch this except for Breaking Bad.

Billions- for me the bird married to Damien Lewis I dislike yet she has qualities but I still dislike her. 

Better call Saul - is this any good or way overhyped as I watched 3-4 episodes and got very bored?

I tried to watch a few different ones recently.

Iron fist - got bored after 5 episodes

Gangland S2 - boring

New addictive content becoming very scarce across iflix iTunes and Netflix

No idea about amazon I purchased some recurring deal for billions as soon as payment taken I'm told billions s2 is not available via Amazon.  I don't like free movie sites.

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Billions- for me the bird married to Damien Lewis I dislike yet she has qualities but I still dislike her. 

Right. I think we're supposed to dislike her mostly yet she has also some good qualities. Billions' strength is that the characters are mixed bags.

Better call Saul - is this any good or way overhyped as I watched 3-4 episodes and got very bored?

Overhyped I think. Straining for a plot. Saul's partner Kim is quite appealing, however.

• Like 1

The Legend of Ben Hall. Being an Aussie I tend to be a little biased towards Aussie movies, but this movie at 2 hours was about 1.59 too long. It's nicely photographed I'll say that much, but the actors lines sounded like they were read directly off a cue card, and story line, what story line?

• Like 1

I think Line Of Duty is the best thing on these days. Really riveting. 

Billions, quite good. Me, I don't like the androgynous character, brilliant of course, stuck in for "diversity." Better Call Saul--well, hope it's working towards something interesting. Probably wouldn't watch this except for Breaking Bad.

Line of duty is very good, currently on season 2 but that's as far as it goes on Netflix.

Billions very good but only watched season 1 so far on Netflix.

Better Call Saul, good but not up to Breaking Bad standard.

Also, currently watching Bloodline. This is one I slowly got into and now quite like it. Currently at the end of season 2.
  • Like 2

SAS Who Dares Wins (2015)

Came across this the other day. Started watching it and got hooked. Watched the last episode last night. Wow was that tough. One of the best if not the best tv series/documentary on the SAS I've seen. Fantastic. I'm watching 'The Bounty' next about a voyage on the far seas. It has the same SAS instructor Ant Middleton in.
nintchdbpict0001961337521.jpg

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

SAS Who Dares Wins (2015)

Came across this the other day. Started watching it and got hooked. Watched the last episode last night. Wow was that tough. One of the best if not the best tv series/documentary on the SAS I've seen. Fantastic. I'm watching 'The Bounty' next about a voyage on the far seas. It has the same SAS instructor Ant Middleton in.
nintchdbpict0001961337521.jpg

Bounty a survival show like Bear Grylls. Coming soon!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2921273/sas-who-dares-wins-star-ant-middleton-to-launch-bounty-survival-show-mutiny-which-puts-bear-grylls-the-island-to-shame/

IT's called Mutiny Season 1 and its on ep. 7 at mo.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

On 27/04/2017 at 8:09 AM, Ulysses G. said:

Anyone want to explain how it is better than streaming from a site like 123.movies? I hate having to download an app. to watch. 

I use Terrarium tv every day.  It is my number one app for movies, tv shows etc. I have several other similar apps but Terrarium Tv is my go to app.

Has an amazing amount of content. Many genres to choose from. Has subtitles for most movies and tv shows.

It has trailers for movies and tv shows.

It also has many providers to choose from.

It has regular updates.

It works well with high quality video and audio.

Try it and I believe you will like it a lot.

• Like 2

On 27 April, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Ulysses G. said:

Anyone want to explain how it is better than streaming from a site like 123.movies? I hate having to download an app. to watch. 

Terrarium has a simple user interface that shows you all the latest films and tv shows grouped by classification.

Once you click your chic it will scour the net to find you the best links….123movies links show up very often.

• Like 2

Mutiny (2017) documentary/series, ch4

<<Back in 1789, Captain Bligh and his inner circle were cast adrift in a rowing boat with a week’s worth of food by mutineers on their ship, eventually travelling 3,500 miles over the ocean and bringing their attackers to justice.

But can a modern crew with equivalent backgrounds manage just as well – or will their own in-fighting lead to a second clash on the high seas?

Nine men are re-creating the hardships of the Mutiny on the Bounty for a Channel 4 documentary.>> - quoting the radio times magazine.

I'm on episode 4 of 5 now and it's one of those special tv shows that keeps you hooked. I want to watch all 5 episodes in one sitting. A truely magical show that will be remembered for a long time after I've watched it all. Two thumbs up, brilliant.

tmp_28696-C4qY80CWQAA7SR8-1291927542.jpg

tmp_28696-nintchdbpict000303523496-490133729.jpg

• Like 2

On 27 April, 2017 at 1:42 AM, JSixpack said:

Billions, quite good. Me, I don't like the androgynous character, brilliant of course, stuck in for "diversity." 

Im all for diversity but she uses that persona to confuse and wrong foot anyone she comes into contact with.

Hello Im Taylor, my pronouns are they theirs and them.

I would just say: thats too much for me to remember, you're not a new creation on this earth, you're Taylor and that's what 

Im going to refer to you as.

Im all for diversity but she uses that persona to confuse and wrong foot anyone she comes into contact with.

Hello Im Taylor, my pronouns are they theirs and them.

I would just say: thats too much for me to remember, you're not a new creation on this earth, you're Taylor and that's what 
Im going to refer to you as.

Is that the bald dyke?

I think we all know and love the comedy series Dads Army. Arthur Lowe as Captain Mainwaring was the key to it's success for sure...This episode where Arthur plays two roles  just shows what a great actor he was.....

7 minutes ago, transam said:

I think we all know and love the comedy series Dads Army. Arthur Lowe as Captain Mainwaring was the key to it's success for sure...This episode where Arthur plays two roles  just shows what a great actor he was.....

Know it, but don't love it. I also don't love Are you Being Served, Steptoe and Son or Till Death Us Do Part either. OK in their day, that day has long gone.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Well as I got older I thought I would get boring, but I never did....Sadly you did.......:laugh:

Boring is hanging on to the past. Watched a couple of episodes of Steptoe out of interest a while back, it wasn't funny in the slightest, in fact it was quite pathetic. Humour changes, very little vintage comedy  has stood the test of time, perhaps Laurel and Hardy and The Three Stooges.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Boring is hanging on to the past. Watched a couple of episodes of Steptoe out of interest a while back, it wasn't funny in the slightest, in fact it was quite pathetic. Humour changes, very little vintage comedy  has stood the test of time, perhaps Laurel and Hardy and The Three Stooges.

Well just shows you cannot please everybody.....but seriously Laurel and Hardy and the 3 Stooges..........:sad:

27 minutes ago, petermik said:

Well just shows you cannot please everybody.....but seriously Laurel and Hardy and the 3 Stooges..........:sad:

Classics, along with Groucho Marx. I do prefer something a bit more contemporary though, Trains Planes etc, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Throw Momma from the Train, Something about Mary, and for series you can't go past Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Edited by giddyup