What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I watched the finale of Black Sails. I am surprised to learn how much time pirates spend  torturing themselves over their high moral values. What was a somewhat realistic portrayal of pirate cultural has evolved now into political correct virtue signalling, and the ending is a real buzz kill.

Pity

• Like 1

First episode of American Gods started out OK then degenerated into a self-indulgent trippy mess. Gave it away after watching 80% and will not bother again. Disappointing.

• Like 1

Season 4 is well upto par.
Have you tried....
Broadchurch
Prime Suspect 1973
The Fall
Happy Valley

All great U.K. Crime drama's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only get line of duty S1&2 on my Thai Neflix, prob need to download 3&4 then, great stuff.

I started Peaky Blinders a few days ago, not bad.

Broadchurch, The Fall, Happy Valley, great stuff. Not seen the others.

I can only get line of duty S1&2 on my Thai Neflix, prob need to download 3&4 then, great stuff.

I started Peaky Blinders a few days ago, not bad.

Broadchurch, The Fall, Happy Valley, great stuff. Not seen the others.

Peaky Blinders is great too! It only gets better!!

• Like 1

I'm spoilt for choice with Netflix UK, Thai, and US and latest movie torrents to download, actually don't know where to start sometimes

Series

Better call Saul

The Americans

The killing (US)

Homeland (season finished a month back)

Fargo

Movie only good one recently is

Split and the edge of seventeen

can't wait for Logan to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Better call Saul is such a disappointment. I think everyone was expecting to see the ethically challenged Saul Goodman navigate through troubled waters with a bunch of low society and criminal clients. What we get instead is sad Jimmy that is the sucker in a dysfunctional relationship with his brother, a lawyer for the elderly, and deep in the friend zone with woman he loves.
A total snooze fest. If it wasn't for Urman trout. The show could be used for anesthesia.

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Season 4 is well upto par.
Have you tried....
Broadchurch
Prime Suspect 1973
The Fall
Happy Valley

All great U.K. Crime drama's.

Not seen Prime Suspect 1973..

The rest I have enjoyed.

The last season of Broadchurch was top-notch.

I'd add

Hinterland and Shetland to your list and maybe even Silent Witness

• Like 1

On 5/3/2017 at 8:44 AM, newatthis said:

Now that season 4 has finished it's time to binge watch "Line of Duty." I downloaded and watched Season 3, just to remind myself how good it was.

Also enjoying current season of "The Blacklist."

must of missed 'line of duty' but started to watch this week, s1 and 2 watched both very good, but some of the procedure is way way off of how its done in real life. no one would talk to a complaints and discipline supt, or anyone in that department so easily,  ... but all in all a good show and it keeping you guessing, Lennie James played a good part, as did Keeley Hawes

• Like 1

Maybe it was mentioned somewhere earlier, but after the hiatus starting last Sept, Suits started up again in January and added 6 more episodes. Just started w/ E11 last night. As Jessica's left, it's slowly rebooting; and what w/ Mike's conviction, a lot of the air's gone. 

• Like 1

How The West Was Lost (13 episodes) a fascinating look at how the US government consistently lied to, stole from and mass murdered the native Americans in the acquisition of their lands. The sheer greed and treachery of the white man never ceases to amaze.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Peter Quill and his fellow Guardians are hired by a powerful alien race, the Sovereign, to protect their precious batteries from invaders. When it is discovered that Rocket has stolen the items they were sent to guard, the Sovereign dispatch their armada to search for vengeance. As the Guardians try to escape, the mystery of Peter's parentage is revealed.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

On 5/4/2017 at 7:48 AM, canuckamuck said:

I watched the finale of Black Sails. I am surprised to learn how much time pirates spend  torturing themselves over their high moral values. What was a somewhat realistic portrayal of pirate cultural has evolved now into political correct virtue signalling, and the ending is a real buzz kill.

Pity

Yeah it was complete guff at the end

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Too dark and pointless for me to give it high marks, but I did not hate it either. 

Each to their own. I much prefer dark, violent and humourless to fluffy romance, comedy or overdone CGI stunts. Seem to be very few movies these days intended purely for serious men. Guess that marketing to a wider audience detracts from purity.

Agreed it wasn't in the same league as Gran Torino, Hacksaw Ridge or Apocalypse Now.

Edited by Pdaz

Can't wait to get back home from working away. Missing out on my cinema trips with my partner.

But on a positive side I have caught up on most of my series

Blacklist

Blacklist Redemption 

Homeland

All the NCIS's

Taken

Hawaii 5 O

24 Legacy

MacGyver

Designated Survivor 

Blindspot

Prison Break

Quantico

Dr Who

and I still have a few stacked up 

59 minutes ago, Caps said:

Can't wait to get back home from working away. Missing out on my cinema trips with my partner.

But on a positive side I have caught up on most of my series

Blacklist

Blacklist Redemption 

Homeland

All the NCIS's

Taken

Hawaii 5 O

24 Legacy

MacGyver

Designated Survivor 

Blindspot

Prison Break

Quantico

Dr Who

and I still have a few stacked up 

At least you mentioned one worth watching, Homeland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

Each to their own. I much prefer dark, violent and humourless to fluffy romance, comedy or overdone CGI stunts. Seem to be very few movies these days intended purely for serious men. Guess that marketing to a wider audience detracts from purity.

Agreed it wasn't in the same league as Gran Torino, Hacksaw Ridge or Apocalypse Now.

IMO two far superior westerns are Sweetwater with Ed Harris and Hell or High Water with Jeff Bridges.

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

But many good & recent British crime drama's missing

Two currently, Born to Kill and Little Boy Blue.

• Like 1

Fist Fight (2017)

On the last day before summer vacation, high school teacher Andy Campbell tries his best to keep it together amid senior pranks, a dysfunctional administration and budget cuts that threaten his job. Things go from bad to worse when he crosses Ron Strickland, the school's toughest and most feared teacher. When Strickland gets fired, he challenges Campbell to a fight after school. As news of the showdown spreads like wildfire, poor Andy desperately seeks any way out of his date with certain doom.

Fist Fight (2017)

On the last day before summer vacation, high school teacher Andy Campbell tries his best to keep it together amid senior pranks, a dysfunctional administration and budget cuts that threaten his job. Things go from bad to worse when he crosses Ron Strickland, the school's toughest and most feared teacher. When Strickland gets fired, he challenges Campbell to a fight after school. As news of the showdown spreads like wildfire, poor Andy desperately seeks any way out of his date with certain doom.

[/url]

Did u watch this in the cinemas?

You're in thailand dude no torrent laws!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app