What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Baby Driver. What a disappointment this turned out to be. There I was expecting something along the lines of Drive (2011) with Ryan Gosling, but what I got was some cliched, teen dross. How it manages the high ratings (8.1) on IMDB is beyond me, there must be a lot of pimply faced voters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 1

Just watched the second episode of series 7 American Horror Story well in the first episode we had a same sex couple with a child .guess who moved in across the street a gay guy married to a woman who doesnt like sex . Its like a left wing propoganda show. Goodby you were good to start in the begining

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Sorry but I messed that up. They got episode 9 buy nothing from 6-6-8.  

im not sure what you're saying. Mr Mercedes is not on netflix so they don't dump all the episodes at once.

there are 10 episodes in the series, it is telecast every wednesday, which means the episode will be all over the net on thursday.

Episode 6 (people in the rain) is out today…you will not be able to see episode 7, 8, 9 and 10 because no one else has.

• Like 2

Just now, JHolmesJr said:

im not sure what you're saying. Mr Mercedes is not on netflix so they don't dump all the episodes at once.

there are 10 episodes in the series, it is telecast every wednesday, which means the episode will be all over the net on thursday.

Episode 6 (people in the rain) is out today…you will not be able to see episode 7, 8, 9 and 10 because no one else has.

You solved my issue. The show is on terrarium too and it shows ep 9 as available but is likely not available. I was not aware it was being drip fed. Thanks for advice.

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

Baby Driver. What a disappointment this turned out to be. There I was expecting something along the lines of Drive (2011) with Ryan Gosling, but what I got was some cliched, teen dross. How it manages the high ratings (8.1) on IMDB is beyond me, there must be a lot of pimply faced voters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3890160/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Yes it has made big money.  You are right the teenage girls love the driver dude but I thought it was a pretty poor movie.

On 9 September, 2017 at 3:12 PM, i claudius said:

Just started watching The Sinner it had good reviews but i only lasted 20 minutes .have i missed anything?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

good call….episode 7 is out and it has just descended into a story and characters that you just don't care about.

• Like 1

Tv series - American Vandal

This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but episode 1 had me in fits.

All 8 shows are available.

IMDB: A true-crime satire that explores the aftermath of a costly high school prank that left twenty-seven faculty cars vandalized with phallic images.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Tv series - American Vandal

This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but episode 1 had me in fits.

All 8 shows are available.

IMDB: A true-crime satire that explores the aftermath of a costly high school prank that left twenty-seven faculty cars vandalized with phallic images.

I'm now starting episode 5 of this "fakecumentary"... pretty funny show and Really curious how this ends (who dun it).

37 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Well I'm nearly 60 and thought the movie was good. Anything with Neat Neat Neat soundtrack in it is OK with me.

A good soundtrack doesn't make up for this cliched mess of a movie. People compare the (one) decent driving scene to Bullit, it's not even close, and the love interest, attractive though she might be, just grins like an idiot all through the movie. Who was the deaf and dumb black guy he was taking care of? Never explained, and who cares anyway? If you want to see a seriously good movie about a getaway driver, watch "Drive" with Ryan Gosling.

Edited by giddyup

On 9/14/2017 at 3:58 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Here are the expected release dates for the remaining episodes:

Capture_01.JPG

TPB has only up to episode 6 of season 1 of Mr Mercedes available, which also matches the available Elysium streams.

Strange that Terrarium TV shows a different episode 6.

The description of the TTV episode is the same as episode 9 on Elysium.

Capture.JPG

On 9/17/2017 at 11:02 AM, giddyup said:

A good soundtrack doesn't make up for this cliched mess of a movie. People compare the (one) decent driving scene to Bullit, it's not even close, and the love interest, attractive though she might be, just grins like an idiot all through the movie. Who was the deaf and dumb black guy he was taking care of? Never explained, and who cares anyway? If you want to see a seriously good movie about a getaway driver, watch "Drive" with Ryan Gosling.

Watching a movie with you must be a whole ball of fun:-) 

Lighten up, Drive Baby is just harmless summer action fun. Its not a time to see critically acclaimed stuff. What else came out this time year that is new? Wonder Woman, Bay Watch and Transformers. I am not watching any of the latter. Baby Driver is a lot of fun with a great music backing. Worth watching more than once.

• Like 1

Just now, WorriedNoodle said:

Watching a movie with you must be a whole ball of fun:-) 

Lighten up, Drive Baby is just harmless summer action fun. Its not a time to see critically acclaimed stuff. What else came out this time year that is new? Wonder Woman, Bay Watch and Transformers. I am not watching any of the latter. Baby Driver is a lot of fun with a great music backing. Worth watching more than once.

We all have our interpretation of what's entertaining and what's drivel.

I am finding this quite watch-able ..."Dear Murderer"    (The life & times of criminal lawyer Mike Bungay), but it might be better for me as I remember some of the cases from when I was living there & he was getting up the noses of the establishment in NZ...by calling the police lies--corrupt..& stitch up merchants, but his biggest sin was to wear brown shoes to court., & -register his car in dog’s name to avoid parking tickets.

I guess he was the nearest thing to a Kiwi .."Rumple of the bailey" that you could get.

He didn't become a barrister in the usual manner...but was in the British army conscript--he transferred to Kiwi..then took a law course through the army to be close to his wife.

NZ   1950--60s--70s...was more British than Britain, more conservative than a dozen Brighton conferences ..being a Brando fan I took the wife along to see.."Last Tango in Paris" in 1974 we were both over 21..(you had to be then to see any sort of x movie in NZ ) after getting through the protest crowed outside & being spat on.......we were told at the door that we could not see it together....odd days for all men ..even days for women, the government  had deem it unsafe to have both men & women in the same cinema while a woman was actually showing her breast on screen...It was in this environment that he had to tell the juries that police did lie, cheat & falsify evidence. Bungay would go on to appear in more than 100 murder trials, and he famously defended William Sutch in 1975 in the country’s first and only espionage trial. Much like the Tom Hanks movie--Bridge of spies--he had the job to defend "The dirty red spy" That everyone knew was guilty.

5 parts.... 2 parts now available..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6566480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1