Farang pays 10 million baht to marry Thai boyfriend! But it's all about love!

rooster59

13 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Always the cynical comments. It is this guy's prerogative to do what he likes with his money. At least it proves he loves his partner more than his bank balance, unlike many Farangs…...Good luck to them both.

You are spot on people in here can only complaining and comment cynical 

I am not a gay man but I respect people in love 

Congratulations 

P. S. I think people in here are to mush beerbar addicted only know love for money no real life 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

bit of a waste of money as they are not married

shouldn't he have rented?

He is renting. It's just he is paying a very high price and he is unaware that he is. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Get Real said:

I don´t know, but 10M Baht, was just the kind of enough proof I needed to cement that theory. I guess we are different there too. 

No humour, and no possibility to understand even if the hint is like 10 million big. :cheesy:

I would say that it would be insane to pay 1 million, but that´s just me. So, yes! To me he is a total nut case.

i think u totally  missed the point, but never  mind

17 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Look at MIL, she is buzzing.... 10mb in the bank, cheers bad boy :cheesy:

Whee- hey!

Get that new pickup ordered, I'm opening a Karaoke bar! and we'll have a couple of buffalos as well.

You can just picture her saying ' Ask him if he has any brothers or friends who are looking for a partner! ' ........roll up, roll up!

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Whee- hey!

Get that new pickup ordered, I'm opening a Karaoke bar! and we'll have a couple of buffalos as well.

You can just picture her saying ' Ask him if he has any brothers or friends who are looking for a partner! ' ........roll up, roll up!

And again! Astupid and gay foreigner comes to Thailand, and are stupid enough to pour out 10 million baht for a marriage. Then as usual many poster find a way to discredit the Thais. They are the ones greedy and they are the ones beeing bad.

How would you react yourself, if coming from all from powerty to beeing just poor? Wouldn´t you lighten up and see the possibilities? Wouldn´t you think about all you and your family suddenly can do. I guess that would put a happy face on you too.

In this case there is only one thing that is crazy or wrong. That is the foreigner caughong up 10 million baht for this spectacle.

I don't see much homophobia in the thread, just light hearted banter.

Let's hope, as is often the case nowadays, that the "sin sod" is proof that one  is financially sound to take care of the daughter - or in this instance; son - and the cash is returned to the couple.

• Like 2

I don't see much homophobia in the thread, just light hearted banter.
Let's hope, as is often the case nowadays, that the "sin sod" is proof that one  is financially sound to take care of the daughter - or in this instance; son - and the cash is returned to the couple.

Hehe,

Thais often have a slight problem with the last part of the last sentence! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And again! Astupid and gay foreigner comes to Thailand, and are stupid enough to pour out 10 million baht for a marriage. Then as usual many poster find a way to discredit the Thais. They are the ones greedy and they are the ones beeing bad.

How would you react yourself, if coming from all from powerty to beeing just poor? Wouldn´t you lighten up and see the possibilities? Wouldn´t you think about all you and your family suddenly can do. I guess that would put a happy face on you too.

In this case there is only one thing that is crazy or wrong. That is the foreigner caughong up 10 million baht for this spectacle.

No,

I fully accept that I think the Foreigner is being extremely silly as I have consistently said in previous posts regards this thread.

I also have been here in Thailand plenty long enough and lived upcountry plenty long enough, to picture and imagine the scheming, using,cunning and manipulation that will occur by family members and pressure exerted on this young Thai gay, to take the foreigner for all he has got.

It is in their nature! They swing in hammocks all day dreaming up their " get rich from the foreigner schemes "

Don't prattle on about abject poverty, loads of these lot in ISAARN don't want or won't put in the graft or discipline to escape poverty.

You want to see real poverty and deprivation and a race of people trying desperately to improve themselves, you can go look at the youngsters in Cambodia. They don't even have healthcare to speak of.

They majority are working for far less than Thais and then use their paltry salaries ,not only to help family but to pay for further education in their free time! You can see five and six year old children in Cambodia with a far better grasp of language skills,than Thais in their twenties and thirties.

It takes the average Isaarn boy all his time to bother even turning up for school and then they just want to play with their phones all day.

By the way, I did come from a poor background, and pushed and forced myself up out of it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It really is time the media and the general public stop using the phrase marrying a Thai boy, or man in a relationship with a Thai boy, or ladyboy. 

It is illegal to be married to a Thai boy. It is illegal to be in a relationship with a Thai boy. And I'm sure it must be illegal to advertise and or promote that this is a Thai boy marrying a foreign man. 

The correct term/legal term is the farang paid 10 million to marry a Thai man. If he is a boy  (and he does look very young ) then that foreigner should be arrested immediately. 

It is in their nature! They swing in hammocks all day dreaming up their " get rich from the foreigner schemes "

And, it´s appearently in your nature to look down on people in the most diqusting way. Why are you even in this forum, and why have you been around Thailand so much when you dislike the people so much?

It takes the average Isaarn boy all his time to bother even turning up for school and then they just want to play with their phones all day.

Generalizing, out of the biggest proportions, but you already knew that when you wrote this, in my opinion pure garbage.

By the way, I did come from a poor background, and pushed and forced myself up out of it.

Then, one should expect that you had more knowledge about what you are talking about. Anyway, good on you that you managed to fight your way up. Maybe you succeded out of that the possibilities were better and more reachable for you. Guess that never crossed your mind. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No, I still haven't mastered it but never mind, I'm happy on all fours. However, I'm pretty sure that all of my family know when to use capital letters.

OOPS SoRRy TeaCHeR fOR mY siLly miSTakeS. HaVE a GooD dAY ? 

• Haha 1

funny thread. each to their own i say. a few points though. 10 million would be a lot to me but might be nothing for this bloke to put his boyfriend up in a condo and give him some cash. i don't know the fella or his financial clout. also don't know if he signed over the condo to the guy or if he kept it in his name or if which happens in many cases i know of he keeps the money after the ceremony. i do know it's his choice though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atyclb said:

the first paid for items you cited are commodities and consumables, some would beg to differ on placing a spouse into those categories.

Thailand government and her parents says she's property.

As a foreigner, who am I to question them?

Then, one should expect that you had more knowledge about what you are talking about. Anyway, good on you that you managed to fight your way up. Maybe you succeded out of that the possibilities were better and more reachable for you. Guess that never crossed your mind. 

Who are you to speak or crticize another persons perspective or to lecture on what they see or how they see it as though only your opinion counts?

At least I don't stroll through Thailand as an apologist or pretend life is all hunky dory out there. I call a spade a shovel. I don't particularly dislike anybody in Thailand, I think I just see it as it is, without the rose tinted glasses. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Neither do I tell people or join the ranks of the " if you don't like it, go home brigade " as though that carries any kind of official backing or certain recognition from the authorities for those on here that wish to be Pseudo Thais.

To answer your other point about " Why am I even on here on this forum " what concern could that possibly be of yours?

Do you carry some secret authority or hidden set of rules that we don't know about, or vetting procedure that a TV member must adhere to, to be allowed to express an opinion that differs from yours?

You sound like some old fossilised schoolteacher, you will be marking our posts out of ten next and crossing out in red anything you disagree with.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I think I just see it as it is, without the rose tinted glasses.

Yep, you definately missed the rose tinted glasses. Dark and very thick, I would say.

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Do you carry some secret authority or hidden set of rules that we don't know about, or vetting procedure that a TV member must adhere to, to be allowed to express an opinion that differs from yours?

Whenever have I stated that you needed permission to speak your opinion? I assume you do know that gives me the same right?

18 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

To answer your other point about " Why am I even on here on this forum " what concern could that possibly be of yours?

Sorry! That is not an answer at all. What you have been creating is called a question.

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

You sound like some old fossilised schoolteacher, you will be marking our posts out of ten next and crossing out in red anything you disagree with.

Never been a teacher in Thailand or in my home country. Started as a self made entrepreneur at the age of 16 and been that ever since.

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

or those on here that wish to be Pseudo Thais.

Pseudo Thais?? Oh dear! Now they have definately gone to far. Making fakes out of real people. Is that some new version of cloning, that only you have the recepie for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Who are you to speak or crticize another persons perspective or to lecture on what they see or how they see it as though only your opinion counts?

At least I don't stroll through Thailand as an apologist or pretend life is all hunky dory out there. I call a spade a shovel. I don't particularly dislike anybody in Thailand, I think I just see it as it is, without the rose tinted glasses. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Neither do I tell people or join the ranks of the " if you don't like it, go home brigade " as though that carries any kind of official backing or certain recognition from the authorities for those on here that wish to be Pseudo Thais.

I call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel so everyone is clear where I stand

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It is legal to have a party and call it a marriage.

Such a marriage isn't linked to any governmental document that would afford the couple any of the legal rights of an actually legally recognized marriage.

I made the distinction because in some countries just having a same sex marriage ceremony could result in the couple being executed. 

So of course they wouldn't.

But here in Thailand world famous for "make believe" and superficial stuff, have any kind of marriage celebration that you want! I reckon that 10 million baht is mighty REAL though. 

with that sort of money it is very easy for them to go somewhere like New Zealand and be legally married as a same sex couple with all the legal documents if they so desire. As a Kiwi we attempt to treat all as equal such as being first country to give woman the vote. I wish them all the luck in the world

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myran said:

If it's all about love, why does he have to pay money to "marry" him? By it's very definition, paying money to marry someone means it's just not about alleged love.

who said he had to. there are traditions all over the world. why when marrying in the uk did we hire a rolls royce and buy a fat arse diamond ring when we got engaged? tradition

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Myran said:

If it's all about love, why does he have to pay money to "marry" him? By it's very definition, paying money to marry someone means it's just not about alleged love.

Buddy, if Sinsod had never existed and was a new concept put on the table in 2018, it would be classed as 'human trafficking', not a display of love... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i sort of assumed the reason men turn homosexual here is because of the sin sod,

but with that theory shot down, why would a man,

actually why would a man be arsed for a relation at all ?

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep, you definately missed the rose tinted glasses. Dark and very thick, I would say.

Whenever have I stated that you needed permission to speak your opinion? I assume you do know that gives me the same right?

Sorry! That is not an answer at all. What you have been creating is called a question.

Never been a teacher in Thailand or in my home country. Started as a self made entrepreneur at the age of 16 and been that ever since.

Pseudo Thais?? Oh dear! Now they have definately gone to far. Making fakes out of real people. Is that some new version of cloning, that only you have the recepie for?

You do talk some drivel.....555...... absolute undiluted drivel.

What is a self-made entrepreneur???

I know what a self-made millionaire or billionaire is, I also know what an entrepreneur is, I have never seen or heard of an entrepreneur describing themselves as one as its usually left to others to do that.

What is a recepie??  I don't know what one of those is either. Any relation to a Shepherd's pie or Cottage pie?

Edited by Scouse123
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Myran said:

if one is to honor the thai tradition of sinsaut (dowry)  you base the amount on the level of education, achievement, virginity, status and family pedigree on the thai side. 

thus the thai guy would need some decent credentials to warrant 10 million baht yet the story makes no mention of his background.

i personally would not be interested in paying sinsaut but for those who are and want to follow that thai tradition they should follow it i its entirety. does the thai guy have a masters or d PhD etc etc?

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1