Swiss man, 71, falls to his death from eighth floor

webfact

3 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

Were did you obtain this information?

I had some friends committing suicide, and also people I knew, as well people died in fast violent accidents taking to much or high risk. Some I will say killed themselves in extreme sport. Most of them younger than 35 years. Out of curriosity I have read alot about suicide and suicide behavior. Google and you will find 

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/suicide-prevention/index.shtml

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Using logic,

Outside Thailand few kill themselves by jumping off balconies, usually sleeping pills.

It seems suspicious it's so popular with foreigners here, and especially in Pattaya.

I will say fast women and booze kills them, but Pattaya as I said is last pit stop for most. Did you know very few manage to kill themselves with pills. Pills is a scream for help

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Using logic,

Outside Thailand few kill themselves by jumping off balconies, usually sleeping pills.

It seems suspicious it's so popular with foreigners here, and especially in Pattaya.

Actually, I believe death by gunshot is the most common method for men, pills for women.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Using logic,

Maybe that has something to do with the availability of sleeping pills here in Thailand. Its quite hard to kill yourself with for instance xanax. So using logic one first has to check if the same medicine are available and of course your not going to find much people jumping from flats in a country town without flats while flats are far more common in Thailand. 

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Actually, I believe death by gunshot is the most common method for men, pills for women.

Only then in countries with guns available.. in the Netherlands you hardly see death by gunshot as guns are so rare there. 

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Only then in countries with guns available.. in the Netherlands you hardly see death by gunshot as guns are so rare there. 

I imagine there are more countries where guns are available than not, hence the statistics of gunshot being the most common, but maybe that statistic is for the US, I can't be sure. I would have thought hanging was pretty common as well.

Edited by giddyup

There are a lot more better things to do than jumping down from a balcony in Bangkok. :post-4641-1156694005:

Maybe he had no alcohol available around him? because of a tight budget?

in the bars counts only money and bullshit talks.:post-4641-1156693976:

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

1. You can hurt somone pshysical

2. You can hurt somone emotionally

3. You can damage property

4. You tie up resourches

5. There is solutions to your problems

Also, it might be my car you fall on.

3 minutes ago, Peter Joe said:

There are a lot more better things to do than jumping down from a balcony in Bangkok. :post-4641-1156694005:

Maybe he had no alcohol available around him? because of a tight budget?

in the bars counts only money and bullshit talks.:post-4641-1156693976:

What does alcohol have to do with suicide, or bars for that matter, unless you want to get drunk to give you courage enough to jump.

Edited by giddyup

Soon Bangkok and Pattaya will not have open windows or balconies anymore. If you going to kill yourselves, please do not jump. 

4. You tie up resourches

!00% Well said ... Lets hope all take note that are in the dark place ... There is always light ";o)

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

don't they have euthanasia in Switzerland

Yes, but unfortunately it comes with a hefty price-tag.  There should be some alternative cheap solutions for regular people.

4. You tie up resourches

can not open windows on high floors in many hotels in Hong Kong.. thus stopping jumpers from a great height

4. You tie up resourches

http://www.dignitas.ch/?lang=en

There are options available. As time goes by hopefully they'll be more widespread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I always suspect very few of the 'jumpers' actually jumped.

More like fell or were pushed.

But suicide is a popular and convenient explanation for all concerned, police don't need to investigate, insurance doesn't need to pay, holidaymakers aren't discouraged from visiting. 'Jumping' is a win win conclusion for all involved (except the victim, and who really cares about an old foreigner).

Correction, life insurance most certainly pays if there is a suicide, as long as it occurs after the waiting period, usually 2 years. A suicide is considered to be a manifestation of a mental illness and mental illness is just that an illness, no different than  bladder cancer etc.

4. You tie up resourches

The condo will become haunted.  Spare a thought for the landlord.  If you wish to jump, find a neutral location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Lets put it this way.. if i had access to a gun it would be my method of choice. So I can understand that it would be popular in countries where gun possession is high. But in the Netherlands its real low because guns are not available. I believe (cant be sure) hanging is more common in the Netherlands, i knew of a few people who hanged themselves. (between hanging and a gun .. id go for the gun).

They should just make certain pils available to those who want to end their life (give them some consultation first) but in the end people should have the right to die.

220px-Cash's_captive_bolt_pistol.jpg

Captive bolt pistol. Legally available. My choice should need arrive...