Boys aged 13 and 15 shot in Wealdstone, north-west London

webfact

Boys aged 13 and 15 shot in Wealdstone, north-west London

Two boys aged 13 and 15 have been shot in north-west London. The 15-year-old was found wounded in Wealdstone High Street at about 13:15 BST.

Minutes later paramedics alerted police officers to the 13-year-old, who had also been shot on the same road. They are both in hospital.

The shootings come after Rhyhiem Ainsworth Barton, 17, was shot dead in the street in Southwark on Friday evening while playing football.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-44024948

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-05-07

A horrible crime. It is also a stark reminder that criminals don't obey laws. Hopefully rational thinking prevails before otherwise law-abiding citizens end up being criminals for essentially being forced to take up arms against thugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

A horrible crime. It is also a stark reminder that criminals don't obey laws. Hopefully rational thinking prevails before otherwise law-abiding citizens end up being criminals for essentially being forced to take up arms against thugs.

Nobody is forcing anybody to take up arms against thugs. Only criminals do that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, BuriramSam said:

I specifically stated "essentially forced". Your omission of that critical word makes your reply irrelevant.

OK, at your special request, even though I didn't quote so your post is essentially irrelevant: Nobody is essentially forcing anybody to take up arms against thugs. Only criminals do that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, BuriramSam said:

Your post is false. Or did I miss something and London had already outlawed people carrying knives? People who lawfully carry weapons and use them to stop thugs are not criminals. They are heroes.

That would make your post false: " Hopefully rational thinking prevails before otherwise law-abiding citizens end up being criminals for essentially being forced to take up arms against thugs. "

Which IMO it is not, I just don't agree with it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

1.15pm in London criminals are roaming the streets armed with guns shooting people. Honest working Brits, paying tax, trying to care for their families are totally unable to protect their loved ones. It has caused an incredible amount of stress and society is divided like never before. Police are hamstrung by PC and recently arrested an old man who during a break-in to his house at night by 2 armed pikeys actually killed one of them during a struggle and the police charged him for murder. He should have been given a medal. Trust in police forces has been decimated by their ignoring the widespread and systematic rape of young white children by grooming gangs all hailing from one part of the world, that seemingly have been above the law for decades. The liberal policy of ensuring anybody can have kids without 2 responsible adults to care for them has pretty much deconstructed the British family, and kids are growing up to be feral. 

Unless free speech is allowed again in Britain, and moves taken to bring back a civilized society I am afraid we will start seeing vigilante groups out on patrol, and justice being meted out by civilians. This is essentially the symptoms of a failed state, and for what? So we can show the world how great multiculti is and after it failed horribly try to stifle any honest discussion? It is an outrage.

Your hero would advocate giving everyone a gun.

What a guy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BuriramSam said:

A murder charge for killing a thug who had come to hurt our kill you in your own home? I didn't realize things were so bad there. Horrible.

It's not the first time people have been imprisoned for killing intruders who entered their home at night.  I think Tony Martin was the first?

I don't think ANYBODY supported the imprisonment of Tony Martin - other than the family and friends of the young man killed, and for some obscure reason, the judiciary.

Obviously the intruders don't go to old peoples' houses intending to kill the old person living there, they just prey on their presumed weakness and, sometimes, just enjoy causing them anguish :sad:.  Very occasionally,  it backfires badly - especially if the old person has suffered previously from yobs entering their home at night/is mentally unstable/owns a gun.

All entirely off topic, other than the running theme of yobs somehow mostly getting away with blighting the life of everyone around them - encouraging other kids to realise they can get away with behaving extremely badly.  Hence the rise in gang culture which (presumably) encourages the morons involved to get guns....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's not the first time people have been imprisoned for killing intruders who entered their home at night.  I think Tony Martin was the first?

I don't think ANYBODY supported the imprisonment of Tony Martin - other than the family and friends of the young man killed, and for some obscure reason, the judiciary.

Tony Martin shot the burglar in the back, as he was running away and that is why he got charged with the killing .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Tony Martin shot the burglar in the back, as he was running away and that is why he got charged with the killing .

True, but his home had been invaded by yobs a few times previously....

Hence my comment "Very occasionally,  it backfires badly - especially if the old person has suffered previously from yobs entering their home at night/is mentally unstable/owns a gun.".....

He was (I think) originally imprisoned for murder, later reduced to manslaughter - but he still spent 3 years in prison.

It's an 'interesting', sad and horrifying story about local yobs persecuting an odd, old man - that resulted in Tony Martin eventually shooting one that entered his home at night.

The friends and family of the killed young man were, I think, the only people that (un-suprisingly) supported the murder charge - or the imprisonment of Tony Martin.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Hyperbole much?!

You need to give these guys a break. 

This thread, and more generally the world news forum, provides a much needed ‘safe space’ for these down and out refugees from the oppression of the PC leftist, muzzie loving world that the West has become.

Without such a safe space where else would these snowflakes have to posit their half baked theories of everything written in faux bad spelling and from behind their crusader of St. George’s Cross avatars? 

Where else will they be able to shout ‘fake news!’ at their top of their lungs and rail against mainstream media. 

Edited by samran
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

He was arrested as that's normal police procedure to facilitate questioning in such circumstances. A person had died and the police must investigate. He was, quite rightly, released without any charges.

Basically semantics differences between the US and England. In the US, you are only arrested once the police believe you actually committed the crime. Trivial procedure differences from what I can see.

4 minutes ago, BuriramSam said:

Basically semantics differences between the US and England. In the US, you are only arrested once the police believe you actually committed the crime. Trivial procedure differences from what I can see.

The difference is your quote was utterly wrong: " A murder charge for killing a thug who had come to hurt our kill you in your own home? I didn't realize things were so bad there. Horrible. "

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

He was arrested as that's normal police procedure to facilitate questioning in such circumstances. A person had died and the police must investigate. He was, quite rightly, released without any charges.

Unlike Tony Martin who was convicted of murder....

Just now, stevenl said:

The difference is your quote was utterly wrong: " A murder charge for killing a thug who had come to hurt our kill you in your own home? I didn't realize things were so bad there. Horrible. "

What's wrong about it, other than I went by the information in the post I was replying to?