Visa service that will deposit the money you need

it becomes irrelevant if you are not above 50,

cause if you are below, its not going to happen and you must go for ED visa

Those under 50 also have the option of a Thai Elite visa. But they are not cheap.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And it might be a good idea to change your username please so members do not confuse you with Ubonjoe, who helps many people on this site.

agreed, ubonjoe is the single most important poster on the forum,

i sure dont want to mix his commandments with a newbie asking about visa.

at a bare minimum boe steer clear from the visa section if you intend to keep the nickname

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Maybe your answer would be to do a run to Cambodia then, Ubonjoe should be able to furnish you the details, and I understand the outlay is only 5000baht...check with the expert!

What would he get in Cambodia for 5000 baht?

OP, have you tried a simple goggle search " chiang mai visa agent". Search in face-book for the same and their adds will start popping up in your news-feed.

21 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Maybe your answer would be to do a run to Cambodia then, Ubonjoe should be able to furnish you the details, and I understand the outlay is only 5000baht...check with the expert!

absolutely not, thai embassy in cambodia would not give me 90 day non immigrant O

in spite of meeting requirements, i suggest laos

Ubonjoe is a good man and helps many people on this forum.

Please remove the name ubonboe from this forum.

It is misleading and confusing.

I am surprised that the software allows a user name that

differs only by one letter and a capital letter from another user name to join this forum.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

Ubonjoe is a good man and helps many people on this forum.

Please remove the name ubonboe from this forum.

It is misleading and confusing.

I am surprised that the software allows a user name that

differs only by one letter and a capital letter from another user name to join this forum.

Ubonjoe says no can do as it does not break any rules.....................................then change the rules !

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

cause the immigration officer will not do their job without extra money

on top of their salary. TiT

That's a big blanket comment your making.

Is it really true that all Imm. officers want bribes or they won't do their assigned work?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

That's a big blanket comment your making.

Is it really true that all Imm. officers want bribes or they won't do their assigned work?

its no more or less of a blanket statement that they do not,

i have encountered someone who did not do her duty,

and reportedly someone encountered an officer that did his duty, its a flip a coin kinda thing,

but i got too much pain to flip coins,

i cant risk being denied and having to sod off to laos

Edited by poanoi

3 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:

A friend of mine does this; pays about B16,000.

No need to season the money only takes about a week.

BUT, if it's done it Pattaya you need to live in Pattaya otherwise you have to go and change your address???

The agent will provide the address.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Why would you let someone you don't actually know hold your passport for 2 or 3 months.

It's not actually your passport, it belongs to your government until they decide to take it away from you.

LOL> obviously because the person that is holding the passport has just lent the passport holder 800k. I'd say the passport is fairly safe.

It seems like a fairly solid deal if there are no other visa options available to said passport holder. This would be a loan rather than paying corrupt immigration officials.

Is there no requirement to prove the 800k comes from abroad?

Edited by tropo

1. fiddle the extension of stay based upon thai marriage became too difficult mostly abandoned by agents same for a thai child.

2. fiddle the extension of stay based on retirement still existing, takes in patty passport back within 48 hours for thb 23k which incl. opening a bank acc with insurance , certificate of residence.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poanoi said:

cause the immigration officer will not do their job without extra money

on top of their salary. TiT

Most of fee goes there.

As far as legality for the applicant, obviously the applicants know they are cheating, so it's definitely unethical, but there might not be a specific law they are breaking. More TiT.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> obviously because the person that is holding the passport has just lent the passport holder 800k. I'd say the passport is fairly safe.

It seems like a fairly solid deal if there are no other visa options available to said passport holder. This would be a loan rather than paying corrupt immigration officials.

Not how it works I'm afraid. They also have to hand over their bank book so the money can be put in.

They get the passport and book back when the money has been taken out.

Haven't worked out the details but think about if you're leaving Thailand never to return. Start the process, give them your nearly full passport and bank book. Report your passport and b/book lost/stolen, police report etc, apply for a replacement passport, use the new passport and police report to get a new book, update it, withdraw the money cross the border and disappear.

Not perfect but with the right timing and some added details might work.  ??

I have been doing the retirement extension myself for the last 7 years, but my last experience back in February has made me consider using an agent for the next one, it is documented in this forum somewhere but I can't be bothered to go and look for it, anyone who uses immigration in Jomtien will the know the girl on desk 8 that deals with retirement extensions and transferring visas into new passports etc.

In a nutshell she made my renewal very difficult, admittedly I was transferring stuff from my old passport to my new one at the same time, all of a sudden the transfer of visa took 2 days not 1 as I had been informed, as that was a Thursday it meant my extension could not be done until the following Monday, arrived at immigration only to be told that the letter from the bank from the previous week was no longer valid.............. so after jumping through all their hoops and smiling all the while she still scrutinized my bank book and the messages on my phone from the bank that I get every time money goes in or out of my account, and then took an interminably long time in the back office before bringing my passport back with all pages duly stamped.

I don't need that crap to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not how it works I'm afraid. They also have to hand over their bank book so the money can be put in.

They get the passport and book back when the money has been taken out.

What is the purpose of holding the bank book? Holding a bank book doesn't mean they can withdraw the money from your account. I normally us an ATM, but don't they require to see passports when you withdraw money over the counter? 

You make a good point though. The money lenders are taking the bigger risk because you can apply for new passports.

real life works as  follows....800ks are deposited and withdrawn within 60 minutes the very same day simultaneously a bank letter is issued .

then u be given both return to ur agent handing over both , thereafter you return after 30 hours to be given yr passport, bankbook back.

wbr

roobaa01

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

real life works as  follows....800ks are deposited and withdrawn within 60 minutes the very same day simultaneously a bank letter is issued .

then u be given both return to ur agent handing over both , thereafter you return after 30 hours to be given yr passport, bankbook back.

wbr

roobaa01

Read post one at the beginning. The service talked about holding your bank book/passport for 2 to 3 months.

My answers based on that.

54 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

I myself know dozens who have 'done it for themselves' repeatedly and never had a moments fuss renewing their visa.

This is yet another swipe at thai officialdom based on nothing more than cynicism and unhappiness with ones lot.

Disgraceful to be honest

the immigration officer that refused to extend marry visa

couldnt find anything according to regulation as an excuse to not do her duty,

so she made up her own: first to get a stamp at ministry of foreign affairs,

and when i came back after that run, demanded proof i brought money from abroad,

and when i to her surprise came with ATM slips covering the money,

-she still refused to extend

10 minutes ago, poanoi said:

more drivel i c...

the immigration officer that refused to extend marry visa

couldnt find anything according to regulation as an excuse to not do her duty,

so she made up her own: first to get a stamp at ministry of foreign affairs,

and when i came back after that run, demanded proof i brought money from abroad,

and when i to her surprise came with ATM slips covering the money,

-she still refused to extend

Which immigration office?