"Fake Thai Smile" garlands girl says sorry for damaging tourism: "It was a hot day!" she tells Big Joke

webfact

1 hour ago, KKr said:

shall I mention apologies for running bulls and skimming off welfare money.

No, 
But making a parody about what people do and being called to the police station?

Good that Benny Hill, John Cleese, Iggy Pop and other comedians are not living here...

Benny Hill might not agree with you if you could get in touch, as for Iggy Pop comedian you say a matter of opinion I suppose 5555555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I loved the parody.  Coat hanger and real smile with money captures Thailand.  The Chinese get it!    I'm not sure what social class of Chinese are on these tour buses but they sure seem to spend money and have it.  I just wish they would mingle with Western guys more.   I love the way they wear dresses on the beach.   Maybe I need to learn Mandarin rather than Thai.  

It would be hard to welcome each person, bus load after busloads. 

But her disdain was obvious.   Maybe since her friend was taking video she did this on purpose?

• Like 1

Isn't Big Joke head of policing all aspects of tourism?

If a big fuss was being made of this, and after 5 pages of replies here,

it seems it is, then why wouldn't he  get involved? All he did was remind

her of her responsibilities as a highly visible part of the industry.

Things work differently in Thailand and all these peeps getting het up 

over Big Jokes involvement need to calm down a little.

Also Thailand doesn't have the monopoly of fake smiles. I worked in a bar

in the UK for many years and I can assure you that when you are propped up

at the jump chatting up the bar maid, her stomach is churning and her laughter

at your hilarious banter is 100% fake. Apologies for bursting any bubbles!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I think it is encouraging to see that the Chinese tour groups are not just mindless robots. They can see when their Thai hosts are just going through the motions and respond accordingly. The parodies are quite clever.

If you work in the hospitality industry, whether in Thailand, China or any other country, you are always on show and can never display such boredom verging on contempt. You'll never win return customers that way. Everyone in the tourist industry knows this.

Maybe they don't want these tourists returning

• Haha 1

Sorry if this has been said already but surely the police, tourist or otherwise have more important priorities than some miserable git so pissed off with her job that she couldn't give a toss.

I can just imagine the headline on the Blackpool times/Herald/recorder/Reporter/Telegraph - ad infinitum, that an ice cream seller didn't smile as someone ordered a 99 with a Flake, the police are investigating with a view to revoking his licence :cheesy:

I went to Blackpool once and the lights were off, I didn't go to the police, I went to the hotel bar and got pissed with a shed load of other coppers out on a special job, get a life Thailand. 

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry if this has been said already but surely the police, tourist or otherwise have more important priorities than some miserable git so pissed off with her job that she couldn't give a toss.

I can just imagine the headline on the Blackpool times/Herald/recorder/Reporter/Telegraph - ad infinitum, that an ice cream seller didn't smile as someone ordered a 99 with a Flake, the police are investigating with a view to revoking his licence :cheesy:

I went to Blackpool once and the lights were off, I didn't go to the police, I went to the hotel bar and got pissed with a shed load of other coppers out on a special job, get a life Thailand. 

'Sorry if this has been said already but surely the police, tourist or otherwise have more important priorities than some miserable git so pissed off with her job that she couldn't give a toss. '

the powers that be are incapable of addressing the serious issues the country is facing, or really of any competent strategic thinking. so they look for small, easily achievable 'wins' that they can use to publicise the fact they are doing 'something', and the population, in majority, seem happy to go along, especially then there is a pro-thai/nationalistic slant.

3 minutes ago, samsensam said:

'Sorry if this has been said already but surely the police, tourist or otherwise have more important priorities than some miserable git so pissed off with her job that she couldn't give a toss. '

the powers that be are incapable of addressing the serious issues the country is facing, or really of any competent strategic thinking. so they look for small, easily achievable 'wins' that they can use to publicise the fact they are doing 'something', and the population, in majority, seem happy to go along, especially then there is a pro-thai/nationalistic slant.

I'll give you that, it's still pathetic though. Shakes head in disbelief and wanders off to bed. Goodnight ::smile:

Thie poor woman was doing a very boring job, it is a shame that her supposed friend

video taped her for as long as she did. Hope she can find a better paying job where she

does not have to grin like an idiot for hours on end. Next Story?

Geezer

• Like 1

If you are hired to smile and take photos with people you should either do it as a professional or get the h*ll down the road!  This woman didn't like what she was doing obviously so she didn't need to be there!  I agree wholeheartedly she should have been called out for NOT doing her job and ruining people's day by her shoddy performance.   

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

All Thai smiles are fake...... 

That's not true.

Loads of School kids smile at me when i go round the markets, with the wife.

Loads of people smile when i go round Thai people's houses,  on social calls.

Loads of staff in shops smile at me , and I smile back. :jap:

Maybe the problem is you,  Or the type of people you hang out with.

Or maybe they just like you  :cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin

15 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Benny Hill might not agree with you if you could get in touch, as for Iggy Pop comedian you say a matter of opinion I suppose 5555555

as for Benny Hill, you are probably right, he would have made another chase episode about that. 555
will ask in about 30 or 40 years.
and Iggy Pop matter of taste indeed, no undue disrespect intended.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, waders123 said:

If you are hired to smile and take photos with people you should either do it as a professional or get the h*ll down the road!  This woman didn't like what she was doing obviously so she didn't need to be there!  I agree wholeheartedly she should have been called out for NOT doing her job and ruining people's day by her shoddy performance.   

So they should just be fired.

Did the apology make you feel better about yourself? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

That's not true.

Loads of School kids smile at me when i go round the markets, with the wife.

Loads of people smile when i go round Thai people's houses,  on social calls.

Loads of staff in shops smile at me , and I smile back. :jap:

Maybe the problem is you,  Or the type of people you hang out with.

Or maybe they just like you  :cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:

Or maybe you just can't tell the difference? 

On 10/05/2018 at 3:04 AM, webfact said:

One even featured a Chinese woman pretending to be Thai handing out bent clothes hangers instead of garlands.

When she gets a wad of money she is thrilled and gives a real smile.

I thought that video was really clever. Not only did it demonstrate Thai's fake smiles, but also their love of money. I didn't know that the Chinese could be so perceptive.