Is it an end of an era for the Western Expat?

21 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

But if your company sent you here in 97 just before the crash then your wife might well have become a prostitute.

Office girls, Managers and Business owners were suddenly in a position where they had no money to survive let alone go out and party......and they did what they felt they had to do...... So don't separate "company" girls with "bar girls"  it really isn't that big a dividing line...

I didn't meet my wife until 2006.  In 97 she would have still be in high school. Some of you guys just cant accept that there are normal girls in Thailand. 

My point was, I was transferred to Thailand for work I didn't come to Thailand looking for girls, however it was nice bonus.

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

To the girls defend, I will say, many of them have no what so ever freedom in their life. They have been growing up in dysfunctional homes, society, enviroment, political system and belief, and many of them have been physical og mental abused and have no rights. Others just dont want to be <deleted> around in a poor paid job and abusing bosses at different workplaces for small amount of money. So many different reasons for becoming a socalled hooker in Thailand, and the biggest of them is because, women have no rights! 

Yes , sad unfortunate people . Immoral , low class and akin to animals .

Why would anyone from a higher class, want to get involved with them ?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes , sad unfortunate people . Immoral , low class and akin to animals .

Why would anyone from a higher class, want to get involved with them ?

Define high class? If I had "high Class", Thailand would not be my choice of retirement! There is no class in Thailand in my eyes. There is people coming here as old time colonist, and think they have class, but I see no class. 

However, I live in a good condo, have money for cheese and wine, stay away from bars, go to gym, I have time to care me an my gf, and have a good healty life. Thats whats matter to me, and not people who talking about class every time there is a discussion. I see no class, so please eleborate class for me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Title IX, Section 286 of the Penal Code states: “Any person, being over sixteen years of age, [sic] subsists on the earning of a prostitute, even if it is some part of her incomes [sic], shall be punished with imprisonment of seven to twenty years and fined of fourteen thousand to forty thousand Baht, or imprisonment for life.” While penalties are not specified, the same section of the act penalizes any person who (i) is found residing or habitually associating with a prostitute, (ii) receives boarding, money or other benefits arranged for by a prostitute or (iii) assists any prostitute in a quarrel with a customer.[5]

There you go, perfectly legal as long as you only use the money to buy luxury items.

(Unless you definition of 'subsists - support oneself at a minimal level' is different to the dictionary)

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Define high class? If I had "high Class", Thailand would not be my choice of retirement! There is no class in Thailand in my eyes. There is people coming here as old time colonist, and think they have class, but I see no class. 

However, I live in a good condo, have money for cheese and wine, stay away from bars, go to gym, I have time to care me an my gf, and have a good healty life. Thats whats matter to me, and not people who talking about class every time there is a discussion. I see no class, so please eleborate class for me. 

I agree,

Never understood the 'high class' 'low class' POV.

And the people spouting this nonsense always include themselves in the 'high class' group, and ALWAYS refuse to offer their parents occupations. I guess they never think that far ahead. Not even sure why they want to include farmers in 'low class' either, in the UK the aristocracy nearly always owned large farms and appeared to be totally broke. How many Issan farmers are so broke and 'low class' they need to show paying members of the public around their homes and farms? 

Edited by MaeJoMTB

16 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Probably because the other 6 worked the same job in the past.

One thing I have noticed, respectable Thai women can usually spot a hooker a mile off, and generally avoid socializing with them.

That's my main reason I avoid married white guys, they say 'my women never did it for money', my wife leans over and say, 'yes, they did'.

I don't want my wife mixing with ex-hookers, it always causes trouble.

well id say many will wouldnt want their wives mixing with yours if she can ASSume they are a prostitute just by looking at them  

13 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

well id say many will wouldnt want their wives mixing with yours if she can ASSume they are a prostitute just by looking at them  

It could happen they got outed by one, who also know are one. Remember keeping face is the most important, or saving ass. Dependes which class you belong to

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

It could happen they got outed by one, who also know are one. Remember keeping face is the most important, or saving ass. Dependes which class you belong to

well most times i heard normal Thai females talking and compliment the others

on "how much they got out of the farang" because they have a I-phone, gold and send money to mamma. etc.

although most certainly when Thai gf talking to farang bf..every other lady is a whore except for her.

i dont think they realise the term "it takes one to know one"

not pointing fingers, but most the guys here married to 30-40 y.o Thai saying they are good girls. 

but really in some cases, they have no idea what the wife did in her 20's

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

well most times i heard normal Thai females talking and compliment the others

on "how much they got out of the farang" because they have a I-phone, gold and send money to mamma. etc.

although most certainly when Thai gf talking to farang bf..every other lady is a whore except for her.

i dont think they realise the term "it takes one to know one"

not pointing fingers, but most the guys here married to 30-40 y.o Thai saying they are good girls. 

How does one equate saving face and working as a prostitute, seems like an oxymoron as being deceptively honest.

14 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

The question is, what did you do in your twenties? Or me or anyone else? 

Well I was not part of the P4P, thats for sure, but I had new leadies every week, and sometimes more than one and two. I have been travilling with sport and activity since I was 17, so I have been lucky, but I also guess some in here, just had a normal life 9/4, house, car, debt, children wife, x wife, new wife, new kids, and so on until they discovered Thailand and found a good lady first day! 

By all means, there is so many different people out there with different experiences good as bad, and that is what makes them to who they are. 

But my experience is, the laudest most negative ones, is the worst scumbags. My experience, 

On 5/12/2018 at 11:20 AM, Hummin said:

The interesting question is, who do thai girls like most? 

Western from Northe Europe 

Western from South Europe

Western from USA

Russia and former USSR

The countries that is likely to grow in volume is

India

Pakistan

China

I know for sure, thai really disslike India, Pakistanis and Chineese, and do not want to have anything with them to do. Or is my information wrong? 

no money no honey

Just now, Hummin said:

I have seen som thai ladies taking care of old broken farangs, so not always true, but if they are honey, I do not know. 

It's a good thing that Thais will look after many of us once our better days have gone but the ones I've seen are an 'exchange'. Not many honey's looking after poor farangs I'd wager.

29 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Who cares? I don't. My GF doesn't know what I did in my 20's either.

I recommend you Google the term "double standard".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

How does one equate saving face and working as a prostitute, seems like an oxymoron as being deceptively honest.

i dont think there is any face lost in the first place. Thai lady dont think to much about how someone got money only that they can throw money around, then they are admired.

if they got a house of some farang or fet some cash by any means needed.

then they are considered smart and skillfull.

i never heard any thai call another a whore in Thai language thats for sure

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The question is, what did you do in your twenties? Or me or anyone else? 

Well I was not part of the P4P, thats for sure, but I had new leadies every week, and sometimes more than one and two. I have been travilling with sport and activity since I was 17, so I have been lucky, but I also guess some in here, just had a normal life 9/4, house, car, debt, children wife, x wife, new wife, new kids, and so on until they discovered Thailand and found a good lady first day! 

By all means, there is so many different people out there with different experiences good as bad, and that is what makes them to who they are. 

But my experience is, the laudest most negative ones, is the worst scumbags. My experience, 

so true and they are many, the loud and obnoxious who know all.

Many years ago a farang buddy told other friends my gf was a bargirl. she speak no English at all an never worked bar, so i cant think where he got the thought.

now i giggle inside everytime i think about his 'good girl' wife. speak perfect English she did somehow.

after marry 2 years she take him house and car.

i can say i not with that gf now but im about 4.5 million richer than he.555

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

i dont think there is any face lost in the first place. Thai lady dont think to much about how someone got money only that they can throw money around, then they are admired.

if they got a house of some farang or fet some cash by any means needed.

then they are considered smart and skillfull.

i never heard any thai call another a whore in Thai language thats for

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I think along the same lines as you because I don't think it really matters to the parents or people back in the village, where this money came from, as long as it's coming to benefit them.

Of course if the girl wants to suggest that she is merely a cashier, then up to her, however I do know many instances where parents in some of these villages would phone my bar owner mates wife asking if they could send their daughters down to work in the bar because they saw how profitable it was – – no questions asked, just turn up in a few days!

As regards stigma, well I do believe that Thais can just shrug it off with something along the lines of, "up to me". As it should be.

sure

"As it should be " ?  Parents enlisting daughters to serve as prostitutes so they can reap a few thousand baht each month. Maybe you've been here a bit too long because that is totally twisted and wrong in so many ways. I guess human trafficking is cool as long as the check arrives on time?

• Like 2

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

I was working hard all hours to earn money for my UK wife and family.

Same as in my 30s and 40s.

Wasn't until my 50s I found out home much fun whoring in SEA was.

I wasted 3 decades of my life working for a woman that didn't like me much, and didn't have sex with me much.

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Another day , another day talking with MaejoMTB about sex

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I was working hard all hours to earn money for my UK wife and family.

Same as in my 30s and 40s.

Wasn't until my 50s I found out home much fun whoring in SEA was.

I wasted 3 decades of my life working for a woman that didn't like me much, and didn't have sex with me much.

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

I really do feel for you, and understand why so many go bananas when they first discover life. But, it is a time to realize the illution is not going to last forever ;-)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

"As it should be " ?  Parents enlisting daughters to serve as prostitutes so they can reap a few thousand baht each month. Maybe you've been here a bit too long because that is totally twisted and wrong in so many ways. I guess human trafficking is cool as long as the check arrives on time?

The girls have a choice...……...if they don't want to work in a bar, then they don't. No trafficking involved, it is a "profession" that's been around since before the bible and in most countries worldwide.

I'm not condoning it, just saying that it is up to the individual.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Another day , another day talking with MaejoMTB about sex

We can talk about mountain biking if you prefer, just came back from a 25Km ride through the Jungle, tried a new track today, bit too steep and narrow had to push the bike for about 1Km and it was hot as hell. Nice views of the lake though. Stopped and took two photos. What have YOU done that's worth sharing today?

This is Doi Tairn reservoir behind MaeJo, completely full and the rainy season hasn't even officially started yet. 

IMG_20180515_102910.jpg

IMG_20180515_102919.jpg

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The girls have a choice...……...if they don't want to work in a bar, then they don't. No trafficking involved, it is a "profession" that's been around since before the bible and in most countries worldwide.

I'm not condoning it, just saying that it is up to the individual.

It is an animal thing. 

The one who provide shelter and food get sex. Monkeys, birds, Penguins, other choose the strongest male after fight/competition, and even some do dancing rituals. 

Thai ladies is week for chit chat money and gold. I almost forgot food house, and good heart. 

Seriously, many thai girls go bars just to work short time to find a good man who can take. Telling them to go work factory for 9 000,- a month, and marry a thai bastard who drink, do yaba, beats them, <deleted> around, I guess the choice is easy. 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Nothing so far , just woke up and finishing off last nights open Chang .

Just contemplating whether to go and buy some more or not

#MeToo, just finished my last wine cooler (left over from yesterday), thinking about going out to buy another 2 or 3.

Looks like the era ain't over ..... yet!

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

i'm sure that condition exist also,

but the one and only condition i ever encountered is:

the daughter is expected to pay 3k monthly,

and parents dont want to hear any excuses about it, or how,

just give 3k and be quiet, or more if possible,

kids has the same function as a pension,

in more way than one actually.

both providing the cash, but also the idea of a sweet golden age

when money comes for free

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i'm sure that condition exist also,