Video: Som Tam seller stabs wife's enemy at Rocket Festival fight - she dies

webfact

It's lawless here & the country is full of "hotheads" ................... it certainly is not the country I retired to nearly 20yrs ago .... very sad. Such a young age to lose your life through just an argument, but I know immediately now when to avoid any "loss of face' incidents  .............. as a "farang" you've no chance. It's either an unruly mob of motorbike taxi riders or standers-by that will intervene ....... before you know it your'e surrounded. This guy had no intention of trying to separate his wife & the lady from fighting ............... he was clearly intent on causing GBH. He should be charged with murder & given a life sentence without parole ....... the law has got to get tougher & make the sentence fit the crime.

• Like 2

Now, of course something has to be done about that. How about beeing a man and just separate the two women?”

That kind of brain functions differently. 

One more time someone did not think of conciquences of his action❗️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

To make this a Thai thing and suggest it doesn't happen in the West is ludicrous. It happens worldwide.

Nobody is suggesting that it doesn't happen in the West, what people are saying is that it doesn't happen on a daily basis in their respective home countries - Is that clear enough........

• Like 1

I can not understand this readiness to violence which seems so usual in this country. Do the Thais consider settling disagreements by talking before they escalate waste of time? Or a sign of weakness and thus losing their face?

Last year I had a short relationship with a Thai lady. She speaks good English, has a degree in engineering from a university in Bangkok, works for  an international company and gets a high salary. Yet when she disliked my romantic moves when we were sitting on the sofa and listening to music at my place, she did not tell that in words. She kicked me in my stomach.

This obviously put an end to my tries to have a romantic relationship with her. When we later discussed the event, she just said that "it is normal here in Thailand". 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Typical mentality of too large a section of the Thai male population, sadly. They aren't men, they're spoiled mama's boys. This pond-scum had no intention of doing what any MAN would do, and simply calming the two women down by separating them, no this dip shit steams in and stabs his bird's adversary and then retreats like the cowardly mutt he is. Pathetic! Lock him up for life without parole. This kind of vile, senseless violence is the trademark of a psychopath. Should be subjected to a life in prison in return for the young life he has taken.  Make an example of these kinds of 'people' and MAYBE just maybe the deterrent aspect of the law will take effect in Thailand. At the very least it would be justice. 

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, smtsetup said:

I can not understand this readiness to violence which seems so usual in this country. Do the Thais consider settling disagreements by talking before they escalate waste of time? Or a sign of weakness and thus losing their face?

Last year I had a short relationship with a Thai lady. She speaks good English, has a degree in engineering from a university in Bangkok, works for  an international company and gets a high salary. Yet when she disliked my romantic moves when we were sitting on the sofa and listening to music at my place, she did not tell that in words. She kicked me in my stomach.

This obviously put an end to my tries to have a romantic relationship with her. When we later discussed the event, she just said that "it is normal here in Thailand". 

there is no local version of "look before you leap"