Old thai guy not happy with me and my dog

ghworker2010

On 5/19/2018 at 9:54 PM, GTgrizzly said:

Yes

In Australia they will fine you for not carrying some sort of poop scooper, wether your dog does its business or not you must carry something to clean it up just in case

Well that's how it is in Queensland anyway

Not in the Queensland where we live when not in Thailand. You are talking Brisbane or one of the other cities......there's a lot more to Queensland than those.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, holy cow cm said:

So it is not stated it is his property or not. if not his property he needs to mind his own business. 

Not true.

Dogs need to be lined up and deposits, so to say, need to be picked up.

It's called decency.

5 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Not true.

Dogs need to be lined up and deposits, so to say, need to be picked up.

It's called decency.

Yes agreed it needs to be picked up or it would become a property of  hell breeding a horror. But still, the guy needs to mind his own business if not his property

In my village, there are irresponsible Thai owners who just let their dogs run around without leash. Some of these dogs frequently come to my garden and poo there. They are also very noisy and bark a loud.

What if other dogs poo at your place and bark at you, would you like that?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, ghworker2010 said:

precisely. we plan to call the number on the for sale sign tomorrow to see who owns the land. It could be our landlord as its behind their huge house

No, don't let your dog run free and crap everywhere.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cliveshep said:

It is common courtesy to pick up your dog's poo and as said is law in many countries, like my own - the UK. It isn't hard to do, buy a pack of 100 white plastic 10" x 5" or 12" x 6" tie-handle bags from Big C or Tesco and stick a couple on your pocket when you go out.  Simply put your hand in the bag and pick up the poo, turning the bag inside out over it and tie it off.

So simple, hygienic, responsible, you do not come into contact with a bag's contents, and you leave nothing to offend anyone. When you get home chuck it in the bin. What could be easier?

That works if you like the feel of crap in your hand. I don't.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, holy cow cm said:
Yes agreed it needs to be picked up or it would become a property of  hell breeding a horror. But still, the guy needs to mind his own business if not his property

He lives directly across from it. Smell, flies etc will become his problem.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Didn't read through all six pages of comments, but I think, in a country like Thailand where millions of soi dog packs walk freely just about everywhere, some Thai old guy is frowning upon a foreigner going for a walk with his dog on a leash or not, is ridiculous. The whole country is already covered with dog shit, filth and garbage.

Unless one lives in a gated community, I can't see a problem with another free roaming dog.

BTW, I have no dog and I wish the Thai authorities would take care (TAKE CARE ? hahaha)   of the soi dog packs for the benefit of the country, for the safety of children and cyclists, for hygiene...

On May 27, 2018 at 8:36 PM, FritsSikkink said:
On May 19, 2018 at 7:49 PM, ghworker2010 said:

precisely. we plan to call the number on the for sale sign tomorrow to see who owns the land. It could be our landlord as its behind their huge house

Right, the guy has not said why he's sneering at you, could be because you own the land, he's of a higher class thai or he's just feeling cheerful that day

dont blame it on your dog...

8 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

That works if you like the feel of crap in your hand. I don't.

If you are that squeamish don't have a dog! How have you managed to survive all these years if a simple thing like a bag of dog poo gives you emotional problems?

• Thanks 1

He libes directly across from it. Smell, flies etc will become his problem.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not to mention that anyone else wanting to walk their dog chances stepping in it as well.

Notice how it’s always the guys that moan the loudest about the inappropriate behavior of others that use the poor behavior of others to excuse their own inappropriate behavior.
  • Like 1

"In a recent report, Ocean Conservancy claims that China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are spewing out as much as 60 percent of the plastic waste that enters the world’s seas."

Thailand is like living in a landfill and they don't seemed to care. I sailed this entire area on my Ketch and the biggest problem I had was getting an anchor to hold because of wall to wall plastic on the bottom. The people here simply don't give a shit. Start caring about the environment and then we will tackle this awful poop problem. Don't panic, its organic. 

"In a recent report, Ocean Conservancy claims that China, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are spewing out as much as 60 percent of the plastic waste that enters the world’s seas."
Thailand is like living in a landfill and they don't seemed to care. I sailed this entire area on my Ketch and the biggest problem I had was getting an anchor to hold because of wall to wall plastic on the bottom. The people here simply don't give a shit. Start caring about the environment and then we will tackle this awful poop problem. Don't panic, its organic. 

Yeah, that’s a great excuse for not picking up after the dog...I’ll have to keep it in mind.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yeah, that’s a great excuse for not picking up after the dog...I’ll have to keep it in mind.

Great, I walk my dogs at 7am then again around 5pm. Don't forget to bring a big bag

(Rottweiler). See ya tomorrow bright and early.