A dangerous mess! Thai media reports on the hazard outside a big Pattaya school

webfact

A dangerous mess! Thai media reports on the hazard outside a big Pattaya school

5pm.jpg

Thai media Sanook were contacted after people complained of the situation outside Muang Pattaya 4 school on Sukhumvit Road near the turn off to North Pattaya.

In the morning and evening people park in the road and on the sidewalk creating a dangerous hazard.

Sanook said that the road is very busy with fast moving traffic.

They called on the authorities to act before there are serious accidents.

They called the situation both dangerous and lacking in any organisation.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-25

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They called on the authorities to act before there are serious accidents.

There are red marking on the kerb. No stopping.  So they need a couple of policemen to issue a few dozen tickets and.

Edited by VocalNeal

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

Thailand is in Total chaos.....just open your eyes .

Actually even Stevie Wonder could see it. Only if the financial sector was as chaotic and incompetent as every thing else around here. 

They have a mirror image at the south end of Pattaya on Sukhumvit as well.........actually pretty much every school!!

How can you expect the kids to grow up and be anything but crap drivers.....monkey see monkey do!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, secondfusilier said:

Whatever happened to kids walking to/from school?

Don't they have school buses around here, and if not why??? If I had kids I would not want them walking too far with all these reckless  lowlife drivers everywhere. 

I really do not know why this particular School has been singled out in the report.

There are other Schools that have the same problems on the main Sukumvit road.

One in particular that springs to mind is the " Srisuvit School " situated half way between Pattaya and lamchabang

Cars triple parked, some times even 4 deep on the Sukumvit, a old guy with a red flag to help kids and parents across the main Sukumvit and a whole load more.

All this happens with an absolute stream of large trucks from the port along with the usual cars and bikes Etc.

Yes they have School Buses, but 20 kids to a Minivan is not exactly safe 

13 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I really do not know why this particular School has been singled out in the report.

There are other Schools that have the same problems on the main Sukumvit road.

One in particular that springs to mind is the " Srisuvit School " situated half way between Pattaya and lamchabang

Cars triple parked, some times even 4 deep on the Sukumvit, a old guy with a red flag to help kids and parents across the main Sukumvit and a whole load more.

All this happens with an absolute stream of large trucks from the port along with the usual cars and bikes Etc.

Yes they have School Buses, but 20 kids to a Minivan is not exactly safe 

Don't you mean 20 kids in a mobile coffin licenced to carry 12 people   No way would I put my children in one of those death traps

16 hours ago, morrobay said:

Don't they have school buses around here, and if not why??? If I had kids I would not want them walking too far with all these reckless  lowlife drivers everywhere. 

but they would be walking on the smooth wide pavements, WOULD THEY NOT?? They would just have to avoid all the poles and other obstructions!!!

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thais don't walk anywhere.

We live probably no more than 15 minutes from school and would love to walk there and back but no pavements with traffic continually driving/riding the wrong way isnt a safe option.

43 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Childrens safety is of the utmost importance here but what is the solution? Serious question

Full size school buses, or even full size city buses. But then you have to have good drivers , unlike the jerks in Bangkok that dont pull over to the curb. 

I would suggest only female drivers !

Edited by morrobay