Welcome to Phuket: The rainy season officially arrives

snoop1130

Welcome to Phuket: The rainy season officially arrives

The Phuket News

1527503078_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The rainy season has officially arrived and people should beware heavy downpours and what they bring, Thailand Meteorological Department (TMD) Director-General Wanchai Sakudomchai announced in a statement issued today (May 28).

Mr Wanchai warned of heavy downpours across all of Southern Thailand, including Phuket.

However, TMD Chief Mr Wanchai also warned that the heavy downpours associated with the southwest monsoon may well continue on the Thailand’s southeast coast – on the Gulf of Thailand – until December, although the monsoon winds usually change, and the rains usually stop, at about the end of October.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/welcome-to-phuket-the-rainy-season-officially-arrives-67282.php#Zl15KBQlQ7zT0QbT.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-5-28

39 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Bugger, me & the Mrs are coming that way (and further South) pretty soon, hope it don't rain too much we want to get out and about and explore the South, all of it.

Be aware that the gulf region does not have same rainy season as the Andaman sea.

pukrain.jpg.b2b03f02954b3e7191ef7ec08cc94214.jpg

Average rain Phuket.

samrain.jpg.f22c329e2b9f7a4086b4bd4bf511ae1d.jpg

Average rain Koh Samui

5 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The Phuket Airport rain radar has been down for a few days. But now there is a Krabi Airport feed which is just as good for Phuket  http://weather.tmd.go.th/krbLoop.php

Thanks for that.

This morning I looked for the Phuket radar.

Mid June I meet an old work mate  in Bangkok and thinking where to go from there.

Hotel is dirt cheap but Phuket in steady rain is not what I look for.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 4:13 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks for that.

This morning I looked for the Phuket radar.

Mid June I meet an old work mate  in Bangkok and thinking where to go from there.

Hotel is dirt cheap but Phuket in steady rain is not what I look for.

When the only option for friends / family is to come here is during the rainy season, I suggest they stay at a well appointed resort that has everything on site.  Eg. restaurants, bars, spa etc. 

I tell them it's possible they may be "rained in" but at least they will still be able to relax and have a drink, nice meal, massage etc. 

11 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

When the only option for friends / family is to come here is during the rainy season, I suggest they stay at a well appointed resort that has everything on site

Thanks for the feedback but I decided against and that was lucky.

I would have sustained the most fierce storm in Phuket since many years!