Movie Downloaded!problem Playing And Discing

meatgrowler

hi all

im not super clued up with my laptop,but i get by......please help....ive just downloaded a movie,hannibal 3 using bit comet..it took 14 hrs,i now want to watch it.When i press play,it tells me i need to have the right codec or something,so it wont let me watch it...can anyone help me! or do they know a better site to use that is quicker?....also ill need to burn the movie from my hardive{as the hardive is getting full} to dvdr disc,i have nero...is this good enough? :o thanks for any help...

nice 1 simmo,ive just tried downloading this codec,but the the end result says,welcome to winzip, you must now pay...do you know of any free codec download sites?...thanks

The Xvid codec is free, get it here http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Meanwhile, as simmo noted the VLC player is free and plays pretty much anything with no external codecs :o

Finally a place on Thaivisa where one can get help in using stolen items.

I don't understand the part about winzip - do you mean to say that you can't open the downloaded DivX (or Xvid) codec? If winzip wants money - get 7-zip or winrar instead, you'll need them. Most torrent movies are compressed in .rar format.

And yes, download VLC player, and probably K-lite codec pack (it has all the video and audio codecs you will ever need, some are not included in VLC).