Trump wades into furore over racist Roseanne Barr tweet

webfact

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Sticks and stones. I could not care less what black people call me (whoops, sorry 'people of colour'). USA is obsessed at the moment.  

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Oh you know my race?  or are you stereotyping?  

Just going by your own words.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Maybe a news flash for you, but... some races have had a slightly different experience than others.

Tell me about it, I am not white and I been stereotyped most of my life... I laugh it off,  I deal with it... sad what America has become (will this post be removed too?) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, daoyai said:

Tell me about it, I am not white and I been stereotyped most of my life... I laugh it off,  I deal with it... sad what America has become (will this post be removed too?) 

And there is the bottom line for me.

How much different/better would your life experience have been if for your whole life you were judged only on your character/actions and not pre-judged based on appearance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Sticks and stones. I could not care less what black people call me (whoops, sorry 'people of colour'). USA is obsessed at the moment.  

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Black people insult each other all the time it's not a 'white' thing bro.

Black people would not refer to themselves in the third person, then snidely correct themselves while jovially dissing each other, BRO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If you do not understand that in 2018 you can not refer to a black person as a mixture of ISIS and an Ape, then you are so stupid that you should be forced to wear a helmet 24/7 for your own protection.

This isn't difficult...

as a non PC person i don't understand you can not refer to a black person as a mixture of ISIS and an Ape,

im a Heinz57 and would find humour in being referred to as  a mixture of ISIS and an Ape, I'm also told i am a handsome man as i cruise the coconut bar.
some people are just hard to please i guess.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't have any idea if what she said was racist, because I have no idea about who she was talking about. However, thank you for taking her show of the air. I saw the first two minutes and wanted to puke.

It is amazing that the formerly 'very left wing' Rosanne is now playing a racist and right winger. Something fishy about the whole thing, like it's a role for the masses to eat up because the real racists are so hard to find.

They're not hard to find. They're the base supporters of the man-child.

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Referring to a racial group as apes or monkeys is racists.   It is the same type of remark as calling Thais monkeys.   

LOL 55555555555555

I've been called "ling" many times because I have a hairy chest.

Some people obviously live to look for insults where none exist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump jumped into the uproar over comedian Roseanne Barr's racist tweet

Word from the White House is the President wants to declare Roseanne Barr a National Treasure.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL 55555555555555

I've been called "ling" many times because I have a hairy chest.

Some people obviously live to look for insults where none exist.

Calling YOU a name and equating an animal to your race are quite different.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

If you cannot tell the difference between someone calling you a monkey because you are hairy and referring to an entire race, or individuals within that race, as monkeys you really shouldn't join the convo.

So you can call a black man an ape, as long as you don't mean all black people?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course Trump wades into this, like all the bigots defending RB’s racism, they just can’t miss out on defending racism and bigotry.

Although Trump didnt not defend  RB .

That is the reality , although you are quite welcome to change the facts around to suit your anti-Trump agenda

33 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

So you can call a black man an ape, as long as you don't mean all black people?

And apparently your reading comprehension needs work as I clearly said:

56 minutes ago, mikebike said:

referring to an entire race, or individuals within that race, as monkeys you really shouldn't join the convo.

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't have any idea if what she said was racist, because I have no idea about who she was talking about. However, thank you for taking her show of the air. I saw the first two minutes and wanted to puke.

It is amazing that the formerly 'very left wing' Rosanne is now playing a racist and right winger. Something fishy about the whole thing, like it's a role for the masses to eat up because the real racists are so hard to find.

I liked the old show and I liked the new show.

I found Roseanne's political change truly bizarre but I could look past that and enjoy the show just as entertainment.

I'm now wondering if there might be a serious medical condition behind what she's doing now. A brain scan is in order.

There is talk now of doing the show with the same cast but Roseanne gone. Why not? Just kill her off in the script. She did an evil thing to her cast members and staff. Why make them suffer especially if there is still an audience for the show without her, and I think there probably is? 

Or they could get really funny and just replace Roseanne in an inspired way. Perhaps Rosie O'Donnell just to get "trump's" goat? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I liked the old show and I liked the new show.

I found Roseanne's political change truly bizarre but I could look past that and enjoy the show just as entertainment.

I'm now wondering if there might be a serious medical condition behind what she's doing now. A brain scan is in order.

There is talk now of doing the show with the same cast but Roseanne gone. Why not? Just kill her off in the script. She did an evil thing to her cast members and staff. Why make them suffer especially if there is still an audience for the show without her, and I think there probably is? 

Or they could get really funny and just replace Roseanne in an inspired way. Perhaps Rosie O'Donnell just to get "trump's" goat? 

I don’t think brain scans detect personality disorders.

• Haha 1