Jomtien immigration -- tracking rumor about change in policy about freshness of income letters

36 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Challenge me! Are you serious?

My Friend and I occasionally communicate on Line. Can`t remember exactly how, but we started talking about immigration and about how more difficult it becomes each year and that`s how the subject of his income letter came about. All I know is it was concerning his retirement extension and he was told it was too early. I just answered your question and besides that me living in Chiang Mai, I don`t give a rat`s and certainly won`t be interrogating my friend on your behalf.

As I said; if you`re worried about this; go in there and ask for yourself. what`s your problem with doing that?

There is zero reason for me to go in there.

I've already addressed that.

It's weird that people continue to goad me to do something I am not going to do. Again and again. It's STUPID.

I already posted a very credible report from someone personally friendly with an important retirement officer there that DID recently ask and got extremely clear and definitive info. 

Did you read that before goading me to bother the people at that desk when we've ALREADY got that answer?

He made it clear the rule is SIX MONTHS.

He made it clear the rule has NOT been changed to ONE MONTH.

I am 99 percent confident that's the truth.

Your THIRD HAND report is the ONLY evidence we've ever had on this forum, not only this thread, that someone was rejected with an older letter.

So that report is really the ONLY basis for any reasonable doubt that might remain.

I'm not expecting you or your friend to help to clarify and confirm that report. I asked. You said no. Fine. End of story!

Sorry, you're not going to like this, but my estimation of the value of your third hand report is even lower now. It's not you. It's not going to be confirmed. I would throw it away as almost irrelevant. 

As others have noted 100 percent certainty for anything isn't going to happen.

For me and I think most rational people 99 percent is good enough for real life.

Sure, some people will read the same gathered evidence and feel much less certain. That's their decision.

But 100 people going in there and asking the same question and bothering the retirement desk when you aren't actively involved in an application ain't going to change that.

At this point, the only thing that would lower my perception of the odds (99 percent) would be if we heard even one credible actual first hand experience report of an application being rejected based on too old a letter (but under 6 months).

I'm not going to hold my breath because I don't expect to hear any such reports.

But we shall see. Things can always change. But in my view, for now, the rule for his has NOT changed, and the rumor started that it has substantially been crushed.  But I'm sure some people are still going to believe it with no hard evidence. Their choice. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

So why is there HUGE LOTS of posts about your embassy then??????????????? I have not written those posts... That is WHY I reacted and posted what you quoted....

This forum is not alone an american forum, it is a forum for english-spoken people of all kind of shape and forms,, remember that...

glegolo

You're right. This is not an American forum. But it's also a forum that includes American specific issues, just as it includes Slovenian specific issues. Sorry all this American talk bothers you so much. As far as I'm concerned, in the context of this topic, American specific issues that are RELATED to this topic (age of income letters) are more than welcome, just as any such posts related to other nations and the topic.

If this is too much American content for you to stomach, again, nobody is forcing you to read topics.

Bye. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is zero reason for me to go in there.

I've already addressed that.

It's weird that people continue to goad me to do something I am not going to do. Again and again. It's STUPID.

I already posted a very credible report from someone personally friendly with an important retirement officer there that DID recently ask and got extremely clear and definitive info. 

Did you read that before goading me to bother the people at that desk when we've ALREADY got that answer?

He made it clear the rule is SIX MONTHS.

He made it clear the rule has NOT been changed to ONE MONTH.

I am 99 percent confident that's the truth.

You're THIRD HAND report is the ONLY evidence we've ever had on this forum, not only this thread, that someone was rejected with an older letter.

So that report is really the basis for any reasonable doubt that might remain.

I'm not expecting you or your friend to help to clarify and confirm that report. I asked. You said no. Fine. End of story!

Sorry, you're not going to like this, but my estimation of the value of your third hand report is even lower now. It's not you. It's not going to be confirmed. I would throw it away as almost irrelevant. 

I only mentioned what I was told, and thought I`d mention it. There could have been other circumstances involved, I really don`t know.

If you already have your answer and you`re satisfied with that, then there is no point in keeping this thread open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I only mentioned what I was told, and thought I`d mention it. There could have been other circumstances involved, I really don`t know.

If you already have your answer and you`re satisfied with that, then there is no point in keeping this thread open.

I appreciate your report. I would appreciate it more if you had bothered to followup on it but that's purely your option. I didn't mean to pressure you to do that. I am only being logical, a third hand report from you or anyone has less value than a first hand and confirmed report where questions can be asked to maybe discover another issue was really involved other than age of income letter.

The reason this thread SHOULD remain open to welcome OTHER reports, particularly if we start to hear any stronger first hand reports of rejection based on letter age, we can TRACK that issue here.

See the title -- TRACKING. That's the point of it. 

If you feel strongly about having this closed and it's not even your office, contact the management. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Well said!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 10:31 AM, poanoi said:

ok, so:

1] no documentation whatsoever to back up a claim

2] no means whatsoever for anyone to investigate the claim

3] define swearing an oath/BS from start to finish,

no way of telling, and no one will or can verify validity of the claim,

that for all practical purposes can be made out of thin air

Only Thai Immigration if they chose to could force you to verify a statement 

or affidavit and its contents made under oath,as Ubon Joe has said it has nothing to do with an Embassy who only witnesses you sign that oath,  

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Challenge me! Are you serious?

My Friend and I occasionally communicate on Line. Can`t remember exactly how, but we started talking about immigration and about how more difficult it becomes each year 

Oh really?

Maybe you can give a year to year timeline on all your claimed yearly changes.....

I have been here for several years and nothing has changed.

Unless, one cannot qualify for the requirements that is their issue, not immigration.

1 hour ago, glegolo said:
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

just as it includes Slovenian specific issues.

Yes I am swedish, and the point was also that, if I have problem with my swedish embassy,,,, THEN I do not try to change Thailand or change thre laws here in Thailand just for the prupose to have it easier at my embassy.

I go to my embassy and try to make THEM to change to make life easier... I do not b other the rest of the world with my own problem...

glegolo

This has nothing to do with the topic.

Please desist from your continued obnoxious attempts to hijack this topic.

The topic is about aging of income letter rules.

The overwhelming evidence shows that the rules have not changed.

It's still six months OK. Not only one month OK.

As far as embassies changing their rules, that's a country specific thing. For the nations that allow their citizens to do the income letters online, that's great, but not all nations are going to do that. I would bet the house the USA is never going to do that. The big thing there is swearing a formal OATH of being truthful. That is an in person thing and I assume that is mandated from the state department in D.C.

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

59 minutes ago, norrska said:

Thought he was Swedish.  Why would Slovenia concern him?

Geez, dude, I clearly only mentioned Slovenia as a random example! Perhaps you have language issues. I never said any particular person was Slovenian, Swedish, Bulgarian, or from Nevis. The intent of randomly mentioning Slovenia was that ANY nation's issues are on topic here IF there is a direct relation to the actual topic. The actual topic is AGING RULES FOR INCOME LETTERS.

Is that clear enough now?

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Our Thai friends reading this post from the begining must be :cheesy::clap2:their heads off,  on reading how [some] of these farangs fight, bait and argue with others..

I don't doubt it but it would pretty pathetic if reading threads like this is their best option for entertainment. The soap operas aren't cutting it anymore?

1 hour ago, norrska said:

Well said!

If you want the thread closed, why do you bother to post in it?:stoner:

I am the OP and I want the thread to remain OPEN in case there are any more relevant cases to report related to the TOPIC (aging rules for income letters at Jomtien). If that bothers you and others so much, why? Does expats getting the best info possible offend you? Why?  Is anyone forcing you to read this thread and post on it?

To my view, posts like that are simply hostile heckling.

There is a serious purpose to this thread clearly explained. If that doesn't interest or if that offends your values so harshly, can't you types just GO AWAY instead of trying to be destructive? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The guy in the other thread seemed to make a throw away comment in a rather long post, but this tidbit got cherry picked and turned into a major crisis when there was none at all really.  He's clearly inexperienced with what he was doing, all tied up in anxious knots about his first retirement extension.  He wouldn't be considered an authority on Thai Immigration by anyone.    

Better to have squashed the snot out of it over in the other thread.  Importing it to a new one elevates it, gave it life it never had.

In the end, nobody will ever sift through this thread as a helpful resource.  If anything, probably cause more confusion than it intended to clear up.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If you want the thread closed, why do you bother to post in it?:stoner:

I am the OP and I want the thread to remain OPEN in case there are any more relevant cases to report related to the TOPIC (aging rules for income letters at Jomtien). If that bothers you and others so much, why? Does expats getting the best info possible offend you? Why?  Is anyone forcing you to read this thread and post on it?

To my view, posts like that are simply hostile heckling.

There is a serious purpose to this thread clearly explained. If that doesn't interest or if that offends your values so harshly, can't you types just GO AWAY instead of trying to be destructive? 

Here`s another few suggestions:

Phone them at immigration.

Try and email your inquiry at immigration.

Or, why not visit or phone an agency, they are always bang up to date with any changes and up to date procedures.

At least it will give you peace of mind.

Not interested in any of those ideas. Just want this thread to keep going to continue to be a place for people to post actual experiences reports.

There is no need for further inquiries at immigration. There was already a very definitive report about that saying no change.

So any doubt now is about people's actual experiences. Is the enforcement consistent or not.

Only real life experience reports can shed light on that.

Cheers.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Here`s another few suggestions:

Phone them at immigration.

Try and email your inquiry at immigration.

Or, why not visit or phone an agency, they are always bang up to date with any changes and up to date procedures.

At least it will give you peace of mind.

Agencies are not always bang up to date in fact are the source of much wrong information published on the net as many can attest.  A little research can provide many owners of agencies that have been arrested and expelled from Thailand for many different violations. 

• Like 1

Hello

Went this morning to Jomtien Immigration for my 90 days and asked to the 2 ladies in charge of visas extensions if the validity was 1 or 3 months ??

The answer was very clear.. 6 months.. I told them I had seen on a forum that the validity was now one month..

The answer was.. wrong info.. still 6 months as usual. So will make mine this week to apply beginning of september

Have a nice day..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is.

1045 last appointment at US ACSU. That may vary by time of year (or how busy they are) - I was able to have afternoon appointment for income letter last month but noted they ended the next week and back to the morning only.  

Suggestion -- I don't think it's productive for many or even any more people to ask the officers at Jomtien about this issue. Why continue to annoy them in a repetitive way with a question that we ALREADY have a very real answer to? They're busy enough with their work. 

The answer we have by now -- 

THERE IS NO POLICY CHANGE.

That policy there is DEFINITELY still income letters allowed as old as six months.

The policy never changed to one month. That was definitely MISINFORMATION.

So, here we are.

What's the point of this thread now?

In my view, there is only one strong reason for it to continue to exist.

Just in case anyone goes in there with an income letter meeting the age rules (up to six months) being rejected based on age of letter.

Do I think we will get even one rejection report like that?

No, I do not. Because we haven't had even one as yet (an unconfirmed third person report doesn't really count as credible) either recently or over the years here either.

I don't even think it's very useful for people to report that their "older" letters (under six months) are being accepted.

That's like reporting the sun rose again this morning. We EXPECT the sun to rise daily and we expect letters meeting the six month rule to be accepted.

Only reports outside the expectations would really be of serious interest going forward.

Alternatively, to avoid this thread getting derailed (as threads are wont to do) and by now we've got a very clear definitive answer, it's also OK with me if the topic is closed.

In the unlikely event that someone is rejected based on income letter age (under six months) they could then post that report in a new thread.

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

1045 last appointment at US ACSU. That may vary by time of year (or how busy they are) - I was able to have afternoon appointment for income letter last month but noted they ended the next week and back to the morning only.  

I have checked several times and not found one in the afternoon before.

Just checked for this month and next month and found the appointments on Thursdays are all afternoon appointments.

Getting ready to do one for next month on a Thursday afternoon so I can fly down and back easily on the same day from here in Ubon.

3 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello

Went this morning to Jomtien Immigration for my 90 days and asked to the 2 ladies in charge of visas extensions if the validity was 1 or 3 months ??

The answer was very clear.. 6 months.. I told them I had seen on a forum that the validity was now one month..

The answer was.. wrong info.. still 6 months as usual. So will make mine this week to apply beginning of september

Have a nice day..

Considering you can apply for your extension a month early, you can get your letter 7 months before the expiry of your extension to stay. Great news!

• Like 1

Considering you can apply for your extension a month early, you can get your letter 7 months before the expiry of your extension to stay. Great news!
That's a fair clarification. All of the timing information is based on date of application not date of permission to stay expiry.

That's generally implied in such discussions but it may be useful to some to have that spelled out.

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, tropo said:

Considering you can apply for your extension a month early, you can get your letter 7 months before the expiry of your extension to stay.

Perhaps but not something I would suggest doing.

To be safe I would time it for 6 months before the date the extension ends since lots of things could happen that kept you from doing it 30 days early and create a big problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Suggestion -- I don't think it's productive for many or even any more people to ask the officers at Jomtien about this issue. Why continue to annoy them in a repetitive way with a question that we ALREADY have a very real answer to? They're busy enough with their work. 

The answer we have by now -- 

THERE IS NO POLICY CHANGE.

That policy there is DEFINITELY still income letters allowed as old as six months.

The policy never changed to one month. That was definitely MISINFORMATION.

So, here we are.

What's the point of this thread now?

In my view, there is only one strong reason for it to continue to exist.

Just in case anyone goes in there with an income letter meeting the age rules (up to six months) being rejected based on age of letter.

Do I think we will get even one rejection report like that?

No, I do not. Because we haven't had even one as yet (an unconfirmed third person report doesn't really count as credible) either recently or over the years here either.

I don't even think it's very useful for people to report that their "older" letters (under six months) are being accepted.

That's like reporting the sun rose again this morning. We EXPECT the sun to rise daily and we expect letters meeting the six month rule to be accepted.

Only reports outside the expectations would really be of serious interest going forward.

Alternatively, to avoid this thread getting derailed (as threads are wont to do) and by now we've got a very clear definitive answer, it's also OK with me if the topic is closed.

In the unlikely event that someone is rejected based on income letter age (under six months) they could then post that report in a new thread.

Cheers. 

I am glad you got to the bottom of it. THANK YOU.

What you went through for fellow Americans.

?

You don't want to know if IKEA meatballs are really from Poland?

Edited by Thailand J

I am glad you got to the bottom of it. THANK YOU.

What you went through for fellow Americans.

[emoji846]

You don't want to know if IKEA meatballs are really from Poland?

My understanding is that Swedish meatballs had their origin in Turkey.

I think being provided current and accurate Thai immigration information is something that can unite both very divided Americans and indeed all foreigners in Thailand. Glad I could be of any small assistance in advancing whirled peas and mushy ones as well....

The idea that IO workers know ANYTHING except what is written on their handouts, needs to be put to rest. They are going through the motions like ALL bureaucrats. They repeat what they are told.