Danish parliament bans the wearing of face veils in public

webfact

2 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I don’t get it what’s the purpose? It should only be banned for security reasons in public buildings like airports or banks or stores (private property management decision.

Because terrorists can dress up in a burka to disguise themselves. It's necessary to know if it's actually a woman in the abaya. I don't want to get blown up because my government was too PC to protect me from terrorists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Brave Danish politicians !....but somehow,  I would not feel safe now in downtown centre walking areas of Copehnagen, with all the fanatism this will create.

You big softee! I will be in my beloved Copenhagen for midsummer! Can't wait! Carlsberg in Tivoli ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I don’t get it what’s the purpose? It should only be banned for security reasons in public buildings like airports or banks or stores (private property management decision.

Well maybe if they didn't impose their culture on the countries they chose to live in and respected the host countries culture everybody would get on a little better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Zainab Ibn Hssain, who lives in Copenhagen and has been wearing the niqab for the last year, told Reuters: "It's not nice. It will mean that I won't be able to go to school, go to work or go out with my family."

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Ibn Hssain rejected suggestions that wearing the veil symbolised the rejection of Danish values or oppression of women. "It has nothing to do with integration or that we're oppressed. For me it is a war on Islam," she said.

Yeah, but there is a solution if they can´t adjust to the rules and laws that is and that is created in the country that welcomes them. The solution only exist out of two words. Go Home!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

It makes the world an uglier place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You big softee! I will be in my beloved Copenhagen for midsummer! Can't wait! Carlsberg in Tivoli ?

Cheers for your beer. Just take care to avoid the new sewage water beer getting popular in the whole area !! ?...Enjoy the Danish Butter Cookies...and the other sweetie delights in lovely Denmark and wish you a safe sojourn.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because terrorists can dress up in a burka to disguise themselves. It's necessary to know if it's actually a woman in the abaya. I don't want to get blown up because my government was too PC to protect me from terrorists.

My dislike of the head to toe covering is that it's unacceptable for western countries to accept the beliefs of other communties when they migrate to western countries. It's up to the immigrants to accept the beliefs/values of the country they've moved to.

A secondary consideration is that it's a security risk.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Cheers for your beer. Just take care to avoid the new sewage water beer getting popular in the whole area !! ?...Enjoy the Danish Butter Cookies...and the other sweetie delights in lovely Denmark and wish you a safe sojourn.

Thank you sir!

Maybe a Carlsberg Sort Guld (black gold) and some frikadella!!! ?

And then of course there are the Danish piger!!

Edited by Grouse

Yeah, but there is a solution if they can´t adjust to the rules and laws that is and that is created in the country that welcomes them. The solution only exist out of two words. Go Home!

I agree. I hate creeping Islamism and Sharia law in my home country (USA) . The problem is not face covering. Go to Japan or Korea half the population wear surgical masks most of the time.

I believe in freedom and think one should be allowed to cover ones face unless it is a airport, bank , courthouse, music concert, etc.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Full face veils are nothing to do with Islam.

How could you possibly support that position? It has everything to do with Islam and is a direct extension of the religions teachings. It's merely more extreme than that found in Indonesia or Malaysia.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Me too. First visit and arriving on 1 August. Just a coincidence but couldn't have timed it better. ?

58 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Do some searches on YouTube. You can find preachers (forget the proper name in Islam, emam?) which are UK born natives speaking English that will explain exactly why they believe women should be covered. There's a debate whether a full face cover is required by Allah but it's all documented in the Koran and supported by good theological arguments (if you're a Muslim that is).

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

There is an argument that public areas, including eg bridges, squares, markets, transport etc are increasingly also places of concern for security issues and that security services want to address this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I agree. I hate creeping Islamism and Sharia law in my home country (USA) . The problem is not face covering. Go to Japan or Korea half the population wear surgical masks most of the time.

I believe in freedom and think one should be allowed to cover ones face unless it is a airport, bank , courthouse, music concert, etc.

That is a good point about Japan and Korea. However, 2 things. Firstly, for Japan and Korea security issues concerning Islamic terrorism have not yet popped up too much. Secondly, yes, the wearing of surgical masks might also be a security issue in the future if it catches on more in the West. As it is the West more into dark glasses right now and I don't think they are going to be banned in public. These are all factors to consider when discussing security. I wouldn't be using problem issues though to necessarily give a free pass to a bigger one. The difference? All the others, surgical mask, dark glasses are partial disguises. The burka is all in. And that is where the discussion really begins.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Me too. First visit and arriving on 1 August. Just a coincidence but couldn't have timed it better. ?

I guarantee that you will have a great time! PM me if you want any ideas of where to go ?

• Like 1

That is a good point about Japan and Korea. However, 2 things. Firstly, for Japan and Korea security issues concerning Islamic terrorism have not yet popped up too much. Secondly, yes, the wearing of surgical masks might also be a security issue in the future if it catches on more in the West. As it is the West more into dark glasses right now and I don't think they are going to be banned in public. These are all factors to consider when discussing security. I wouldn't be using problem issues though to necessarily give a free pass to a bigger one. The difference? All the others, surgical mask, dark glasses are partial disguises. The burka is all in. And that is where the discussion really begins.

At least we need to admit the problem” islamism” which is not a religion of but an all encompassing violent an destructive social concept. There are many groups such as Amish and the Jews in the US who follow radical religion and wear strange costumes. They mostly keep to themselves and do not BOTHER anyone. In fact the Jewish religion prohibits proselytizing even, I’m told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

I guarantee that you will have a great time! PM me if you want any ideas of where to go ?

I will save him the bother and recommend the guided tours of both the Carlsberg and Tuborg breweries. Not sure if Carlsberg still offer the end of tour 20 minutes to drink all that you are able to. It used to be the case that those waiting to start the tour would see the end of tour drunks stumbling out, but this was a long, long time ago....'er, doubt if there are too many wearing burkas on that tour.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Hardly a full face veil though, more like two black eyes.

What a lame description. Anyway, another one from the past.......How about Batman?

batman.jpg

Edited by SheungWan
  • Haha 1