Video: "Have you no humanity?" - intrusive news reporter blamed at accident scene

webfact

Video: "Have you no humanity?" - intrusive news reporter blamed at accident scene

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Video footage shared online showed a TV news reporter lash out at a rescue medic trying to do his job at an accident scene.

Nakharin Kaewchalerm from Sri Racha's Phiaw Yiang Thai rescue in Chonburi arrived on the scene of a truck collision.

He said a driver was stuck in the cab and he needed to cut him out.

When rescue arrived the news camera team were already on the scene filming and blocking his way.

He had to push his way forward past a man with a camera who then got upset and aimed a blow at the back of his knee.

"Do these people have any humanity?" asked Nakharin who said it was his duty to help and he was only trying to do his job.

He questioned news organisation's voracious desire for footage at accidents that often hindered efforts to help victims at life threatening moments, reported Daily News.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-12

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

rescue medic

most of the so called "rescue medics" are not medics in any shape or form, in order for a country to have a proper ambulance service staffed by trained medics costs money

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I agree that reporters here are overly aggressive and morbid in wanting photos. I get especially angry when they want to take photos of the dead, which shows absolutely zero respect whatsoever for the victim and their family.

I understand and agree,but it is their job. Yesterday i watched a documentary by an Aussie war journalist in Iraq,the most gruesome scene was when a US marine patrol shot an insurgent and dragged him in to a court yard,he was hit in the head and side but was still alive,the Journo kept filming as the medic refused to help the guy,the journo was torn as to weather to say something or just keep filming.

he kept filming ,and the guy eventually expired,it was quite horrific and he admitted it changed him forever,however it is important we get to see such things. I have no doubt if he had not been there the marine's would just of dispatched the guy quickly. 

However i do agree that this guy was clearly in the way,but Thai's do seem to have a fascination with morbid things,such as when a guy in the village i lived in before hung himself,half the street went over to look at him,including my ex Mrs,but even she was shocked when some people started taking photo's.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Generally it seems that the police only rock up once any casualties have been extracted and whisked off to hospital !!

Even when accidents happen in front of police stations....

Not my experience. Someone ran into the back of my car outside a police station. Officers there immediately.

2 hours ago, Darcula said:

Blocking rescue workers, ambulances, escalators, doorways, footpaths......the Thainess list goes on.

Very common in UK now. Mobs hurl rocks at ambulances as if they were police. Drivers block in Emergency vehicles or complain if 'their parking space is taken by a first responder. Thoughtlessness and selfishness are not limited to any one race or country.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

most of the so called "rescue medics" are not medics in any shape or form, in order for a country to have a proper ambulance service staffed by trained medics costs money

I think you should learn more before you open your mouth . The Hospital that my wife's daughter work at almost daily has nurses of both sexes bringing people in and carry out the immediate reguired treatment then the doctors take over who and then pass the injured party on to  a hospital nurse or department as required.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I agree that reporters here are overly aggressive and morbid in wanting photos. I get especially angry when they want to take photos of the dead, which shows absolutely zero respect whatsoever for the victim and their family.

Agree with you, except for the use of the word 'here'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Probably paid by the pictures taken hence the need to get in ahead of the medical services!!

usual press mentality!!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Thailand has an ambulance service, although not enough, and a service based on volunteers.

The latter, in general, should be trained better beyond the level of first aiders.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Thailand has an ambulance service, although not enough, and a service based on volunteers.

The latter, in general, should be trained better beyond the level of first aiders.

in pattaya we have a farang doctor who is a first responder, he rides a large well equipped motorbike 

6 hours ago, smedly said:

That may well be, but better than nothing.

7 hours ago, Aupee said:

I think you should learn more before you open your mouth . The Hospital that my wife's daughter work at almost daily has nurses of both sexes bringing people in and carry out the immediate reguired treatment then the doctors take over who and then pass the injured party on to  a hospital nurse or department as required.

Smedley did say 'most of the rescue workers' .... not 'all'.

While I agree that some of the better hospitals have medical emergency services (for a fee), I also know that many of the so-called 'rescue workers' are simply private taxis with red flashing lights, working on a commission and rushing to get to the scene first.

While this does not excuse the actions of the reporter, or of drivers who don't move over for ambulances, it does help us to understand their motives.

The professional, government sponsored, emergency services that we're used to in developed markets are not a universal concept.  Look at the description of the employer of the rescue worker making the comments in the report - does not say he's an official government employee.

We're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 8:04 PM, darksidedog said:

Was he a reporter or a bystander trying to get a video to post on Youtube hoping it will go viral and he could make a few baht?