Prawit's house was not burgled - but watches were stolen from one nearby, claims Thai media

webfact

Prawit's house was not burgled - but watches were stolen from one nearby, claims Thai media

1PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media has reported that a Colombian gang that targeted the home of deputy prime minister Prawit Wongsuwan moved on to another property after finding someone home.

They then stole from the home of a woman who imports toilets.

Their haul at this upmarket house included two Rolex watches.

One of the gang was arrested in Ban Phai, Khon Kaen at the weekend after he took a tour bus from Bangkok with his girlfriend.

Police are hunting three others still believed to be in Thailand. A fifth gang member has fled abroad.

Daily News said reports that DPM Prawit's Bangkok mansion was burgled are erroneous.

They said the gang rented cars all over Thailand to avoid arrest. They then cased fancy houses where security was lax.

They would ring on the doorbell and if no one was home they would steal from there.

Someone was apparently home at the DPM's house in Klong Samwa district on June 5th so they moved onto the home of bathroom accessories importer Napasanan Wimonpatranon, 61, who had just popped out.

Proceeds from the burglary were fenced in Bangkok and taken abroad.

The gang had been operating in Bangkok, Samut Prakarn, Chonburi, Rayong, Hua Hin, Prajuab Khiri Khan and Phuket.

There were originally five gang members.

The name of the arrested man was not the same as previously reported. He is either known as Jose Alexander or Rodriguez Walander (name transliterated from Thai). He originally fled to Pattaya after the latest theft before going to Bangkok where he got on the bus to the north east.

He comes from the US it is believed. He was a burglar there before moving on to Malaysia where he was arrested before moving on to Thailand.

The gang are believed to have stolen from a judge's house in Don Muang.

Warrants are being sought for three more Colombian men aged 41, 32, and 31.

Daily News said that metropolitan police chief Pol Lt Gen Charnthep Sesawet had ordered his men to get a move on in the case.

Thaivisa notes that DPM Prawit has been embroiled in a luxury watches scandal this year claiming the expensive items were loaned to him by a friend.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-18

36 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Morning Geordie, i am poor no watch, have you got the time ??please:cheesy:

10.52, current time from my 15 quid  watch I bought off Ebay UK, 

going well 4 years later,good enough for me.

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

hey moved onto the home of bathroom accessories importer Napasanan Wimonpatranon, 61, who had just popped out.

Proceeds from the burglary were fenced in Bangkok and taken abroad

Anybody been offered high end toilets for 500 baht?

One thing is missing here, unless I have not read it correctly.  How did they (the burglars) know it was Prawits house? Either the maid or whoever was at home told them when they rang the bell, or they already knew it was his house and targeted it, how would an innocent door ring lead to someone in the house mentioning it now after all this time, or was the door ring reported to the police after the porcelain queens house was burgled?

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Prawit.....Watches,watches, bloody watches,are they never

going to give me a break from those bloody watches.

regards worgeordie

Nice parody ☺️