Video: Thai thief nabbed stealing tourist's wallet at Suvarnabhumi

rooster59

Video: Thai thief nabbed stealing tourist's wallet at Suvarnabhumi

thie2.JPG

CCTV caught the moment when an opportunistic Thai thief made his move for a female tourist's wallet.

Rintarak Parinthapong, 47, from Nakorn Ratchasima sees the wallet lying on some seats and pretends to be sorting out his bags as he secretes the wallet into his own possessions.

But the all seeing CCTV was watching. And it was used to follow his movements to a downstairs restaurant at Suvarabhumi where he was arrested along with the wallet.

It contained foreign currency amounting to 70,000 baht belonging to a Nepali woman. 

He has been charged with theft at an airport - a charge that is more serious than regular theft.

Source: Komchadluek

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-23

thief.JPG

"He has been charged with theft at an airport - a charge that is more serious than regular theft".

A theft is a theft, is a theft, is a theft, unless of course, it is an airport theft, then it is a serious theft, or more serious than a regular theft...........huh??  I could understand it if there was a weapon involved, or grievous bodily harm done during a theft, but because it is an airport??   Ooooh......damaging the image of Thailand to the foreigners they say?????  so that must be why it is more serious.

• Like 1

what he done was not honest and he should of handed it in but it was not like he put his hand into someone bag and stole it. what would happen if i saw a wallet on the street, no id in it ? which there was a case like that printed here a few weeks ago, it would seem going by this if you kept it and there was video evidence you could get nicked for it. ?

I thought he was taking the wallet from the two women seated behind him.....turns out he took what amounts to a lost wallet at the point where he comes in to play. I personally would have turned it in to lost and found or an airline ticket counter if I was pressed for time!! Im just not sure that this is theft.....it’s not your fine upstanding citizen either but again I’m not sure I see theft here. Then again the dude probably THOUGHT he was stealing it from the two seated ladies behind him....I’d love to know if he thought it belonged to the seated ladies.....

33 minutes ago, catman20 said:

what he done was not honest and he should of handed it in but it was not like he put his hand into someone bag and stole it. what would happen if i saw a wallet on the street, no id in it ? which there was a case like that printed here a few weeks ago, it would seem going by this if you kept it and there was video evidence you could get nicked for it. ?

Agreed. They should have given him a bit more time, rather than arresting him for theft at the restaurant. Perhaps, he was that hungry that he decided to have a snack first, before looking for the Lost&Found... 

22 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Time for the honest taxi driver story to be run again.

Yep , just what I thought.  ' Honest taxi driver finds 10,000B in his cab on the way to airport and rushes in just as a Nepalese lady going through customs '

Did we not get good Cambodians last week ?