PM tells Thaksin, others in self-exile to return and have their day in court

snoop1130

I'm not sure how many have fled die to criminal charges....I would guess not too many in the scheme of things.....but of course, the justice system would be heavily biased against them regardless.

But those that have fled due to LM charges, would be locked up immediately with no chance of an genuine court case.

14 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Red Bull comes to my mind? Come back.

My thoughts exactly. Son of Red Bull may be back already, but he doesn't face the music like he used to. Has to listen at one of daddy's villas. Life is hard

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut, who also heads the ruling junta, the National Council for Peace and Order, added that he was not referring to anyone in particular in making these remarks.

Bit of a stretch but I'll try and believe it. Simply in order to make the point that Thaksin and Yingluck are not the only exiles and the other ones are not ensconced in 5 start luxury.

Ko Tee for instance who it has been suggested was "disappeared" in Laos. (yes, I know he's not a hero but does he deserve assassination?)

Academics and activists such as Giles Ungpakorn -whose father was exiled as Rector of Thammasat after the 1976 massacre. And this brings to mind the man who has been called the father of modern Thailand, Pridi Banomyong, one of the leaders of the 1932 overthrow of the absolute monarchy, PM, regent , founder of Thammasat  (although in typically timid fashion if you visit his statue at Thammasat you will not see the fact that he died in exile on the story of his life. Likewise with the portrait and statue of Puey Ungpakorn at Thammasat'sman libraary. No unpleasant facts . And if you believe his son, the painting in the foyer of the library named after him has some added detail that tells lies about  his political beliefs to make them more palatable.. 

There are many others, most more obscure than those mentioned in  this article http://www.malaysiakini.com/  

Thai politics should not just be reduced to Thaksin v. the army. Many others have suffered for having the courage to express their beliefs and I long for the day when they can return home to the honours they deserve.

Edited by tomta
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I am having a problem with the photo. Is that the real PM Prayut or is it the cardboard cut-out PM? Very difficult to tell sometimes.

Either way, they are both becoming more paranoid by the day.

Both seem to have the same inner qualities but maybe the cut-out version comes out in front by a small degree.

I'd say:  cardboard... 

as he thinks himself fully recyclable

13 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Comments here are very one sided. The wrongdoing of thagsin seems forgotten.

And when will they stop talking about exile and call it what it is. A criminal who fled the law.

True, but the law is irrelevant  to anyone with money and influence  in Thailand.

Thaksin will never go to prison nor will his sister or the Red Bull cop killer.

Most Thais dont care. If he comes back he will win an election in a landslide. Prayuth is a corrupt 3rd world army thug who has milked Thailand for everything its worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

S orry , he has left the country because he could and did, until a court of LAW has found him guilty, he and his sister, then it is al;leged he is a criminal, but then in the eyes of  the world he has committed CIVIL offences NOT CRIMINAL . 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Why did you care about him? You would do better caring about someone who is working for the country now,” Prayut said, without naming anyone.

Is sound like he doesn't get enough attention from the media! 

14 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Comments here are very one sided. The wrongdoing of thagsin seems forgotten.

And when will they stop talking about exile and call it what it is. A criminal who fled the law.

While I would agree with you regarding 'criminal' I would have wrote '...who was allowed to flee....'

• Like 1