Donating my body to medical research when I die

malagateddy

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

I knew a German guy who donated his body. He had to go to KK teaching hospital. 6 hour round trip to fill the forms out. When he died it was all straight forward in that he was put on ice at the local government hospital before being used. After one year the body is, or it was in this case, taken to the Suranaree University Hospital in Korat where they had a service for family members before being cremated. 

That may have been before the change in policy. Pretty clear they will no longer accept foreign bodies.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That may have been before the change in policy. Pretty clear they will no longer accept foreign bodies.

Thank you Sheryl, i said on here 3 years ago KKU would not accept foreigners bodies.

I asked myself and was told no way too much hassle, we only accept Thais.

These stories of i knew a ++++++ guy are just stories, no truth in them what so ever.

Edited by colinneil

On 6/28/2018 at 7:52 AM, ThaiKarenrn said:

I worked at Srinagarind Hospital.  They DO NOT accept foreign corpses.  Sorry.  I tried, but there was no way.

Members please take note o f what Karenrn says, yes she worked there.

I know because when my wife was in Srinagarind she was a great help to me.

Sheryl

• Star Member
  •  
  • Sheryl
  • Global Moderators
  • 23,225 posts

They accept farang bodies. And yes, there is a University Hospital in Khon Kaen and likely it has pamphlets explaining the process.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The German I was referring to died in 2009/10. The possible reason for the change in policy is because 

In 2004, there were approximately 4,600 registered body donors — a huge increase when compared to 86 donors 20 years ago. Last year, there were almost 20,000 registered donors — four times higher than a decade ago.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/special-reports/593937/the-final-act-of-kindness

Edited by Rally123