Sunday lunch Chiangmai

Geoffreyt

9 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The Country Cabin- Doi Saket 

Never heard of this place before but the roast on their FB page looks well decent and comments mention lamb. Is it a special or served every week?

19 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Never heard of this place before but the roast on their FB page looks well decent and comments mention lamb. Is it a special or served every week?

Not sure to be honest but you can always message him plus his Facebook Page is usually updated.

53 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Also makes all his own Pie's, Sausages and various other delicacies, even Faggot's !!!! 

Don't mind a crack at the pies or sausages but don't touch the latter in any form!

cheers

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Don't mind a crack at the pies or sausages but don't touch the latter in any form!

cheers

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Plemnty6of Faggots in CM

Stay away from psychotropic drugs.  You could get a shocking revelation about yourself. 

14 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Papa Rock just of the 108/121 intersection used to be good - it has moved to Kad Farang Hang Dong and I haven't tried it there (yet) but I assume the roast is still OK - good roasties and yorkshire pud

Fish and chips in the old location was fantastic but in the new Kad Farang location I would rate fish and chips as below average. Haven't tried the Sunday roast but I am reluctant to try because I know what I can get at Yummy Pizza.

22 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Papa Rock just of the 108/121 intersection used to be good - it has moved to Kad Farang Hang Dong and I haven't tried it there (yet) but I assume the roast is still OK - good roasties and yorkshire pud

Papa Rock just going through big changes. Nicky, the chef, has left, so "his" sunday lunches no longer available. I ve heard that "Papa Rock" as such is no more, and that the owners are changing the name and looking for a new chef.

• Like 1

Wandered out to Doi Saket lunchtime to visit Country Cabin previously recommended. Place is pretty basic being downstairs section of a wooden house with 8 or so tables open on 3 sides with the kitchen & toilets on the 4th. Roasts on offer were chicken, pork and lamb at 280, 300 and 360baht. I had lamb which was 2 decent slices and madam had pork which was 2 more generous slices and both came with 3 veg, Yorkshire and fabulous crisp roast potatoes. Lamb also came with home made mint sauce and the pork with apple. No deserts on offer.

Decent food at a decent price. Good luck to the couple that run it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thin pickings for Sunday lunch compared with a few years ago. I'm looking to go out for a Western lunch tomorrow. Doesn't have to be Roast Beef but most of the French places seem to close on a Sunday. Yummy is too far out of town. any recommendations for Western places in town?

• Like 1

How about Arnos? Certainly not a British Sunday roast but it's a mighty fine steak at a decent price. There's other options also burgers, lobster, a fancy hot dog (haven't tried any of these) plus plenty more. The steaks which vary from 600baht for a rib eye of 200/250gms up to tomahawks of 800gms for 1,200baht I believe. Have sampled the steaks 4 times and to this bloke cracking value.

Its a simple shop house in the old city and they have a Facebook page if that helps. 

21 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

Thin pickings for Sunday lunch compared with a few years ago. I'm looking to go out for a Western lunch tomorrow. Doesn't have to be Roast Beef but most of the French places seem to close on a Sunday. Yummy is too far out of town. any recommendations for Western places in town?

London to Chiang Mai is circa 5500 miles - Yummy is maybe 10 miles? :cheesy:

Joe

15 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

London to Chiang Mai is circa 5500 miles - Yummy is maybe 10 miles? :cheesy:

Joe

That is a long way if you just want to nip in somewhere quickly and get a bite, plus in my opinion the Sunday roast is nothing special anyway !

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

That is a long way if you just want to nip in somewhere quickly and get a bite, plus in my opinion the Sunday roast is nothing special anyway !

Especially if you eat it on a Saturday.