Praise for assistant coach who sacrificed himself for the good of the team

webfact

4 hours ago, vogie said:

What were his actions, he was teaching these young boys how to grow up and be fine young men, you would rather they sit in front of a tv all day playing stupid games, it's called character building. He read the sign and it stated the cave was open, but like all activities of this nature there are certain risks involved. Long may he be involved with teaching children how to grow into decent adults. It is all too easy to criticize when we are doing nothing and other people are.

Given the nature of the activity, vis a vis the dangers of weather/rainfall, this was the equivalent of setting sail on a boat or taking off in an aeroplane (as skipper or pilot in command), on the cusp of "storm season", without consulting met reports and predictions.

Really stupid.

It remains to be seen if the "happy end" being celebrated (as if it's all done and dusted) actually takes place.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 7

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

Uninformed waffle.

The actuality of the event and the situation show that it is not.

Are they out of the cave yet?

Let's wait until then before we declare him to be such a fine fellow.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1st of July is just a date, Nature doesn't care of calendar

I don't know this region but I have seen often rains begin in June; why not close the cave in  June ? 

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tradewind777 said:

I cannot believe some of the pathetic comments from the armchair judges in this forum.

If you don’t know what the circumstances and background is then shut the flock up or at the very least give this man the benefit of the doubt.  

...instead of turning him into a "hero"?

Yup...will do that!

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

The Sun isn't exactly the paradigm of reporting accuracy. And "it is understood that..." isn't the same as actual quotes or proof. So, probably best taken with a grain of salt. But, the paper says he led them in as part of an initiation rite.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6688422/thai-cave-coach-face-arrest-charges-rescue-race-against-time-save-boys/

Regardless, from previous experience, I doubt he thought there was a big risk, or he wouldn't have gone in. God knows I did much stupider things in my 20s. 

• Sad 1

So clearly the definition of sacrifice is lacking here. Unless this muppet is dead he's just hungry. Alright it's a great thing the kids are all alive  but all this other nonsense is just dribble. Isn't this the bloke that led them in there in the first place?

Edited by starky
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, seajae said:

you do realize the team has done this  before, people need to stop pre judging, they simply did what they had done several times before, they did nothing wrong and could not have known there was going to be torrential rain to flood the cave

Ok without the pre judging then. Where was the sacrifice?