Billionaire Elon Musk Offers Help For Cave 13

webfact

23 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

I've been wondering if they have the best water pumps in the world for the job or just the water pumps they had handy. By now I think they could have poured a concrete platform outside and flown in and mounted some pretty serious pumps if that would have helped. Maybe the hoses are a limitation?

I tried to do a web search, but when I put "really big water pumps" into bing it gave me a bunch of penis enlargement links.... ?

They have pretty good pumps, they are the ones they use to prevent Bangkok flooding, they have lots of them and they are big, but nowhere near as big as the biggest movable pumps available, not that that matters if you can get enough of them in there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

As you already know, there is nothing to show yet, but most people believe different than you. I just use common sense. If he is a billionarie, he will understand that he is getting a commercial of a greater value than he loose anyway.

I think when he said, "I am happy to help.", he was offering to help, f someone offered to help you and then after helping you handed you an invoice would you be surprised? 

59 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

It is all to do with the Google algorithms Jerry. They know you better than you do yourself. They pull up content according to your usual preferences...

People might think you're joking. But i just googled "really big water pumps" and really big water pumps is all i got. And the turbo diesel driven pump that i saw a week ago in an article here looked pretty decent. (even if the actual pump wasn't in the picture)

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

I think when he said, "I am happy to help.", he was offering to help, f someone offered to help you and then after helping you handed you an invoice would you be surprised? 

As a billionarie businessman, if I was, I would know how to offer my services so no misunderstanding could be present. Even as a non-billionarie, I know right from wrong.
I professional business the word help does not exist. In that universe it´s called "offer my services". After services accepted, then it can be time for an invoice.
Where help is concerned, that is a word used between friends, or in business, where no costs should be attached to the help given.

The knowledge of that, is actually one thing out of many important things that made me successful. Not a billionarie, but doing ok. If he have used the word "happy to help", then he´s a gigantic arse if he connect that to an invoice. That´s just my opinion.

Edited by Get Real
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

As a billionarie businessman, if I was, I would know how to offer my services so no misunderstanding could be present. Even as a non-billionarie, I know right from wrong.
I professional business the word help does not exist. In that universe it´s called "offer my services". After services accepted, then it can be time for an invoice.
Where help is concerned, that is a word used between friends, or in business, where no costs should be attached to the help given.

The knowledge of that, is actually one thing out of many important things that made me successful. Not a billionarie, but doing ok. If he have used the word "happy to help", then he´s a gigantic arse if he connect that to an invoice. That´s just my opinion.

I posted to you by mistake, it was meant for greenchair who was asking for something in writing saying Musk was doing it for free.

• Like 1

Some good feedback from cave experts in Thailand. Iterating with them on an escape pod design that might be safe enough to try. Also building an inflatable tube with airlocks. Less likely to work, given tricky contours, but great if it does.

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 1

A probable overloaded boat with untrained boaters, 16 foot waves, even with life jackets, you don't have much  of a chance. I've been on a fishing boat encountering 3-4 foot waves and it got my attention. I can't imagine 15-16 foot waves. The boat people died, the Cave boys and coach are still alive.

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Some good feedback from cave experts in Thailand. Iterating with them on an escape pod design that might be safe enough to try. Also building an inflatable tube with airlocks. Less likely to work, given tricky contours, but great if it does.

Seems the inflatable tube idea isn't so rediculous after all. 

unnamed.png

Just now, greenchair said:

Seems the inflatable tube idea isn't so rediculous after all. 

unnamed.png

You think so?

There are spaces so narrow that divers have to take of their oxygen tanks to get through them

How much of that already narrow space is left when such a tube is inserted?

Take note, it are the narrow spaces where there has to be found a solution, as I understand that by now most of the rest of the traject there is no need to go under water.

So imo the tubes are rather a disadvantage.

41 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Anyway, my mistake. He has stated in another place that there will be no charge. So that's that cleared up. He is building an inflatable tube, which is actually one of my ideas that another poster laughed at .

Sometimes I don't get it right but. .....

Sometimes I do. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

Anyway, my mistake. He has stated in another place that there will be no charge. So that's that cleared up. He is building an inflatable tube, which is actually one of my ideas that another poster laughed at .

Sometimes I do. 

I will eat my hat if those inflatable tubes get anywhere near the cave... 2km of inflatable tubes in that terrain, complete nonsense. No time either.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

You think so?

There are spaces so narrow that divers have to take of their oxygen tanks to get through them

How much of that already narrow space is left when such a tube is inserted?

Take note, it are the narrow spaces where there has to be found a solution, as I understand that by now most of the rest of the traject there is no need to go under water.

So imo the tubes are rather a disadvantage.

It wouldn't be exactly like that. It's just an available example. A thinner tube of course. Made from a very strong material that would not tear. And should withstand the strong currents. Musk is building it. 

It's being made in America now he says. 

Just now, smutcakes said:

I will eat my hat if those inflatable tubes get anywhere near the cave... 2km of inflatable tubes in that terrain, complete nonsense. No time either.

According to him it's being made in America right now. He has 6 engineers flying in. 

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Sometimes I do. 

Did I laugh at your inflatable tube idea?  I don't actually remember that but you posted to me a minute ago, so I assume you think it was, perhaps it was but I don't recall hearing your idea at all.

9 minutes ago, greenchair said:

According to him it's being made in America right now. He has 6 engineers flying in. 

His engineers have not even been there, yet his factory are making it, based on what? a couple of conversations with people at the scene, yeah right.

38 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Did I laugh at your inflatable tube idea?  I don't actually remember that but you posted to me a minute ago, so I assume you think it was, perhaps it was but I don't recall hearing your idea at all.

No, sorry. Not you at all. 

I did say another poster. So not meaning you. But someone did basically call me an idiot. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

His engineers have not even been there, yet his factory are making it, based on what? a couple of conversations with people at the scene, yeah right.

Well he says he has a double layer kevlar pressure pod, or a long inflatable air sock. He said the pod was tested on Friday by a non diver. 

And his engineers are coming tonight. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Elon Musk is a genius.......in PR and creative accounting, but in fact he should have a room next to Bernie Madoff.

His so called boring ( what's in a name) company has so far only consumed tax payers money, and the only business they have done so far was selling flame throwers and hats.

Maybe that is one of the hats Smutcakes gonna eat lol.

His other comapny called Tesla is no better, and the third one called Solar City has folded already.

Musk is a scam

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, many Philanthropic offers coming in because it is a big news story that's worth its weight in cheap advertising. Everyone from Musk to FIFA with offers of free tickets to the World Cup Final. All these do good acts are offered without any real knowledge of Thailands weather. This is one situation where Thai Miltary expertise is best consulted. Yes, a double skin air tube could work, but if it got punctured anywhere over the long distance on a sharp rock edge, it could mean disaster.

46 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

This is double layer kevlar. Easy to make a sock and very strong. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

It is fantastic that Elon has stepped up to the team; what a heavy hitter to have on your side. The kids just got a major and much needed boost of hope for a safe return. Here is Elon's latest:

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Indeed - it would be extremely tacky to phrase such an offer of help with the words "for free". Pity the first response of the thread got it so wrong. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The funding they have received is available to all companies in the sectors they work in, he has taken advantage of the Federal Vehicle Tax Credit, state initiatives to lower pollution such as California's CARB credit scheme, funding from NASA that they gave him as it lowered their costs and the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program, a loan they have already paid off; and then there are the tax breaks they receive due to being solar powered.  Taking advantage of available schemes is not creative accounting, does not require anything from PR and is certainly not a scam.  The Boring Company raised $112 million in equity, $100 million of it from Musk himself, so your claim that they have only consumed tax payers money is just drivel, and of course it has not done business yet, it is a startup that is a few months old and requires new technology to be designed, built and tested.  And Solarcity has not folded, it was going to fold and then Tesla bought it.  So well done, lots of points, but none of them correct.

I could counter all your claims with FACTS, but that would make this post pretty extensive, and take the thread off the rails.

Just look up Enron - Tyco - Worldcom - Superclub - Lernout & Hauspie  and see the similarities between all these so successful companies.

You can also try to read up on the analyst's reaction after Musk "managed" to produce 50.000 vehicles, for the first time in its history,  during the last quarter.

Keep in mind, Musk has been the analyst's golden child for the past decade.