First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave -

3 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

He's the one responsible for this mess... He made it rain.

Jesus???   Because the farmers asked him to make it rain.........now they want compensation for the rice they lost when they pumped out the cave........can;'t please all the people all the time can we??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Jesus???   Because the farmers asked him to make it rain.........now they want compensation for the rice they lost when they pumped out the cave........can;'t please all the people all the time can we??

Rice.

13 kids lives.

Priorities.

• Like 2

I've just heard that it is pouring down in buckets in Mae Sai right now. 

Has anyone heard a rumour that some Dutch super high performance pumps have been delivered to the caves?  As you might imagine, they are reputed to be able to pump out astonishing volumes of water in a very short space of time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rebo said:

I wonder --- the boys already rescued are of the older ones, 14 yo.
And they should be the weakest ones?
Don't really believe it ...

I don't know why you wouldn't believe it. Of course, the doctors might include mental strength in their assessment.

There have been reports that the Assistant Coach is in a poor state of health - I'm just guessing but it would not surprise me if he has asked to be last out.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, GBW said:

I think from the start it was a agreed that all of the boys extracted would have their identity/names suppressed due to the media barrage that could and would unfold, not only to the immediate family, but to all related, friends etc  ... This is why a blanket on media has been enforced at the cave and from CR Army base to the CR hospital.  I think it was a good call.  Imagine having cameras and people shoved in your face asking how happy you are that your son/friend/acquaintance has been miraculously saved and your only thoughts, over sleepless nights, are for all, including rescuers to have the same positive outcome.  Lets get em all out, we can talk names, dates etc etc later. 

But their names haven't been suppressed. Nor the names of their schools. Their correspondence with their parents has been open to the public. And the identity of the first two has been revealed. Won't take long for the media to put two and two together or 4 and 9.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rebo said:

1 of the boys is 14 yo but there is no mention to the ages of the other boys so maybe the other 3 are younger. There has been no report of the ages but there has been a report of a "code red" of one of the boys rescued.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rebo said:

Weakest in this sense takes into account those assessed to be in the most precarious health condition. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I know this probably isn't the time and the place, but 2 weeks ago when I saw the headline '12 boys trapped in a cave with their coach' I thought coach meant a bus. That they'd driven their bus into the cave and got trapped somehow. It took me a while to work out the coach part.

Just saying.

No it ïsnt the time the time for your ignorance".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

@easycomeeasygo ....please read the previous comments on this point, from TV folks and from the parents en masse who are not blaming or judging the coach. Nobody knows the real circumstances so please don't jump to textbook comments.

This is Thailand, what happens in other countries (consent forms etc) is irrelevant.  

Perhaps you should re-read my post.