Fifth boy RESCUED from Tham Luang

2 minutes ago, Sadanava said:

Unbelievable, what a morons!!! Media trying to look inside the helicopter with a drone. (The helicopter with the 5th. Boy rescued from the cave) risking the lives of the people inside!! Outrageous!

IMG_20180709_180246.jpg

Bogus, the media will go to no ends...

11 minutes ago, car720 said:

9pm Monday night in Australia and they are saying that all the boys have been rescued.  They are saying it was a team of Aussie medical divers that did it.  Not sure of the truth of it but good show if so.

why not post a link?

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes thats right, probably another 3-4 today then the massive task of replenishing all the tanks, tanks for the guys going in and out replenishing the tanks, bringing out empties etc. I imagine 100s of tanks and 100s of 3 hour return trips to replenish all the tanks again.

I imagine a substantial number of these tanks are positioned/swapped in sections large enough so that the empty ones don't have to evacuated now

It would be a useless risk

Air tanks are an easy supply and I guess they just bring in the full ones and leave the empty ones for after the monsoon

(but sure some sections may require moving the used ones further to clear the way)

Edited by Mitker
spelling

3 minutes ago, Sadanava said:

Unbelievable, what a morons!!! Media trying to look inside the helicopter with a drone. (The helicopter with the 5th. Boy rescued from the cave) risking the lives of the people inside!! Outrageous!

IMG_20180709_180246.jpg

Is this the drone from yesterday - apparently PPTV

Surely we haven't got a repeat idiot doing this today !?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

radar is clear over the cave north of chiang rai

Good news but you need to look much further out.  Underground flooding can result from storms miles away, depending on drainage channels.   

I'm familiar with hiking in the slot canyons in Southern Utah where flash floods are a risk.  Experts advise to check forecasts for rain as far as 20 to 30 miles away.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thai rath no longer being shown on the tv. I'm guessing it's over for today.

Thats just the 6pm propaganda thing isn't it, all channels the same until its finished. 

1 minute ago, tpazzi said:

Good news but you need to look much further out.  Underground flooding can result from storms miles away, depending on drainage channels.   

I'm familiar with hiking in the slot canyons in Southern Utah where flash floods are a risk.  Experts advise to check forecasts for rain as far as 20 to 30 miles away.   

this radar is 240 kilometers in all directions. looks like some very light rain 60 kilometers to the south

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

this radar is 240 kilometers in all directions. looks like some very light rain 60 kilometers to the south

It seems that Thaibeachlover has managed to bring the clouds over Chiang Mai after bringing a stuffed envelope to his temple...

• Like 1

5 min ago

Thaicave rescue: sixth boy rescued as mission to save others continues – live

AP describes the difficulty of getting officials to go on the record about the details of the rescue operations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/jul/09/thai-cave-rescue-resumes-to-free-eight-boys-and-coach-still-trapped-latest-news

Edited by ttrd

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Hope not, that would be sign of trouble, if they were unfit to be flown to proper hospital...

They all make a stop at the field hospital...that's part of the procedure...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Hope not, that would be sign of trouble, if they were unfit to be flown to proper hospital...

Actually, it seems to be the standard procedure for this operation.  All of the boys are being looked over by the medical team at the field hospital before being taken to the hospital (a significant distance away but I'm not sure the exact distance)

• Like 1