Fifth boy RESCUED from Tham Luang

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

13 , 12 , 11 ,10 , 9, 8 , 7, 6...

5 more to go. 

Just popped into a local shop on my way home. They are glued to the TV. According to shopkeepers, Thai media reporting they are aiming for 5 today and will retrieve the remaining 4 tomorrow. 

Just passing on what I was told. I only post this to keep spirits and the thread positive and do not intend to spread "fake news." 

That being said, anything can happen. 

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They have shown quite a bit if understanding and compassion towards the parents thus far, making special arrangements for them throughout, briefing them of the impending rescue before telling the media, etc, etc

I think it is more likely wanting to avoid undue anguish/worry for those parents whose children were nto in the first groups out. They may think that knowing that some boys are safely out and that theirs might be among them, may be easier for them to handle.

There also seems to be concern to protect the boys from any source of infection in case their immune systems are compromised. That and other medical measures being taken may be excessive but better excessive caution than the opposite.

And to protect the parents from any communicable infections that the boys may be carrying such as leptospirosis, histoplasmosis and / or melioidosis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The leader of the rescue mission made it quite clear in a press conference, earlier today, that it's their policy to bring out the fittest and most able first.

But they did not yesterday, the doctor on site changed it so they took the weakest out first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The leader of the rescue mission made it quite clear in a press conference, earlier today, that it's their policy to bring out the fittest and most able first.

OH so again the initial report on this was the weakest first due to the conditions in the cave, if left later their chances were less to survive-----amazing difference

• Like 2

Just now, LennyW said:

But they did not yesterday, the doctor on site changed it so they took the weakest out first.

As I said, the leader of the rescue mission completely contradicted that rumour TODAY.

I'm a little worried about by the different descriptions in various media of the boys coming out of the cave. Some have some of them being carried out of the cave on a stretcher, while for example we have number 8 walking out of the cave. It could just be the reporting, or it could mean that some of the boys today did not come through it as well as the boys yesterday.

Hopefully its just variance in the media and not the actual condition of the boys. I am wishing to hear what we were told about the first four boys, that they are "all in good condition".

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The leader???? whats his/her  name?   

Fact! the first lad out was THE WEAKEST IN CONDITION.  So on and so on...............

Please keep up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1